Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Cunt

The Sims

Just now, Luca said:

TS2? dead4 Wow sis! dead4 

TS2 runs the fastest, and has more features than TS4, and it runs FAST AS FUCK. I can't use TS3 rn because custom content fucked it and im not going through that long ass reinstallation hottie1

I was really into TS4 six months ago but it feels like they're just letting the series die off so I'm kind of losing interest. I might get back into it though, since I have more time to play video games now.

2 minutes ago, L U K E said:

are any of them actually active tho

Obviously no but our threads don't have an expiration date or auto lock feature and are still open for discussion or bumps so that's not a valid argument, especially considering the fact this one probably won't be either? jj2 

1 minute ago, Tampon said:

Obviously no but our threads don't have an expiration date or auto lock feature and are still open for discussion or bumps so that's not a valid argument, especially considering the fact this one probably won't be either? jj2 

this will probably happen again and again in the future so why bring it up

CUvQZCl.gif.456194c901a96c27ba6379d1ab14

21 minutes ago, L U K E said:

this will probably happen again and again in the future so why bring it up

CUvQZCl.gif.456194c901a96c27ba6379d1ab14

What will? endless The Sims threads forever opening and being inactive in the Entertainment section? I'll deal I guess! jj2 

I play the sims 1, 2 & 3 and I like all of them. jj2 I have all Expansions for 1 & 2 and all for 3 except University Life. jj2

TS1 - I'm so glad I managed to get this to run on Windows 10 because I enjoy all 7 EP's although Makin' Magic is my favourite. I don't care that the graphics aren't great, there's something about this game's atmosphere that always makes me want to go back to it.
TS2 - I don't play this one as much as the others but I still enjoy it. Seasons is my favourite EP. The 3D element definitely enhances the game.
TS3 - This game is so demanding in terms of running on computers (at least in my experience) giveup1 I managed to get this to run better by installing a couple of mods which reduce the FPS to 30 (normally it can go to as much as over 100 which causes the game to lag and could cause laptops to become overheated) and also another which helps clear up the neighbourhood and stops it from clogging up. I Love the open world neighbourhood despite it's potential issues. 

1 minute ago, Urbanov said:

IKR cry6

How would you rank the EPs from the games? nat1

Mine would be jj2 :

TS1 -
1 - Makin' Magic
2 - Unleashed
3 - Superstar
4 - Hot Date
5 - Livin' It Up/Livin' Large
6 - On Holiday/Vacation
7 - House Party

TS2 -
1 - Seasons
2 - Apartment Life
3 - Nightlife
4 - Pets
5 - University
6 - Open for Business
7 - Bon Voyage
8 - FreeTime

TS3 -
1 - Seasons
2 - Ambitions
3 - Supernatural
4 - Generations
5 - Into the Future
6 - Island Paradise
7 - Late Night
8 - Pets
9 - World Adventures
10 - Showtime

I haven't tried "University Life" yet and I haven't tried Sims 4 at all, although I'd like to get it at some point jj2

TS1 is gold, but I don't play it often. Superstar is one of a kind though, Makin' Magic is also superb.
TS2 remains my favorite, mostly because of Seasons and Open For Business. I've always loved being able to open my store (I usually open bakeries and restaurants since my mother sim is usually good at cooking), which is a feature TS3 unfortunately lacked. Still a bit bitter to this day.
TS3 is great but slightly underwhelming compared to TS2 imo, I've always seen it as TS2's blonde sister. Prettier, but dumber creep1 Jk (but not really). But it has really good and solid EP's. Ambitions, Seasons (better than TS2's imo), Showtime, Late Night (if only it didn't lag so much) and the ever underrated Generations. World Adventure is actually really nice too, but it kinda loses it's charm after a while. Still good though.
TS4 is trash, I played it for like an hour before uninstalling it. And like 50 minutes of that one hour was spent making my sims.

I actually don't have any of the Sims games installed on my laptop now though giveup1 It's already too full (and also slow since it's kinda outdated).
Damn though, this thread it making me want to get it again fall2 

1 hour ago, Urbanov said:

TS still slays, I'm coming back to this game quite often, Superstar is one of my favourite EP ever

TS2 - 3d graphics definitely made the game more attractive, a lot of new possibilities in the gameplay, I loved it

TS3 - as you said, because of custom content game is loading so fucking slow rip3 also you have to delete some parcels from Island Paradise EP, because they contain some bugs rip1

TS4 - have it on my computer, played for like 2 hrs rip2

1 hour ago, Skyline said:

I play the sims 1, 2 & 3 and I like all of them. jj2 I have all Expansions for 1 & 2 and all for 3 except University Life. jj2

TS1 - I'm so glad I managed to get this to run on Windows 10 because I enjoy all 7 EP's although Makin' Magic is my favourite. I don't care that the graphics aren't great, there's something about this game's atmosphere that always makes me want to go back to it.
TS2 - I don't play this one as much as the others but I still enjoy it. Seasons is my favourite EP. The 3D element definitely enhances the game.
TS3 - This game is so demanding in terms of running on computers (at least in my experience) giveup1 I managed to get this to run better by installing a couple of mods which reduce the FPS to 30 (normally it can go to as much as over 100 which causes the game to lag and could cause laptops to become overheated) and also another which helps clear up the neighbourhood and stops it from clogging up. I Love the open world neighbourhood despite it's potential issues. 

Yas at the TS1 stanning. I honestly go back to that more than I do 2 or 3 giveup1 like yeah it's dated as fuck, but idk, something about the game has a magic to it. EA buying out Maxis has kinda killed that spirit, little by little.

With that said, TS3 is probably the best experience-wise, with the open town, graphics, CASt, no loading screens. It has a freedom to it that I like. They literally got rid of all of those things with 4 and it's just a shame. Even just from the way the devs talk about it, you can tell they want to do right by the series but EA is fucking things up. Which is altogether not surprising, as they're a horrendous company, but yeah.

TS3 is by far the best of the series with the most content, playability, etc. but it got too demanding on my old Windows laptop and I can't get the Mac version to install on my Macbook Pro dead4 stupid Origin dead4

TS4 is modern and optimized and runs very smoothly. Those are literally the only pros I can think of. I haven't played it in months cuz it's super boring, there's basically nothing to do in the base game. They force you to buy ridiculously overpriced expansions ($40+) that each offer tiny little bites of content that should have been included with the game in the first place. jj3 

3 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

EA is milking TS fans oprah13 They will "improve" TS4 will all the things TS3 had with every next EP which is RIDICULOUS

That's why I don't even have a mood to play TS4. I have two EPs but I'm not playing TS4 at all. I would rather play TS3 but it takes too much time to load, even though my computer has very good parameters.

Which is why I refuse to buy EA products wendy1 

I played it for like 5 mins when it first came out and haven't gone back to it dead2 honestly this made me wanna kinda fire up TS3 again. I can't go back to not having matching furniture, I need my CASt dead2 

1 minute ago, Mystique said:

TS3 is by far the best of the series with the most content, playability, etc. but it got too demanding on my old Windows laptop and I can't get the Mac version to install on my Macbook Pro dead4 stupid Origin dead4

TS4 is modern and optimized and runs very smoothly. Those are literally the only pros I can think of. I haven't played it in months cuz it's super boring, there's basically nothing to do in the base game. They force you to buy ridiculously overpriced expansions ($40+) that each offer tiny little bites of content that should have been included with the game in the first place. jj3 

1 minute ago, Urbanov said:

EA is milking TS fans oprah13 They will "improve" TS4 will all the things TS3 had with every next EP which is RIDICULOUS

That's why I don't even have a mood to play TS4. I have two EPs but I'm not playing TS4 at all. I would rather play TS3 but it takes too much time to load, even though my computer has very good parameters.

Since they're obviously building up to making TS4 exactly the same as TS3, but without choice of lot placement, and with different CAS. The CAS is nicer but that will be the only new concept. I honestly wish they would have continued TS3 with some more expansions, updates, etc featuring new material, since there was some skipped over stuff that fans demanded from the base game release in 2010. They could have used the recent TS4 update; return of the TS1 Tragic Clown, for TS3! Instead of just throwing a painting of him on the store, and putting him in a Graveyard in Sunset Valley.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.