ChooseyLover

Why does Gaga discography lack of ballads?

Okay, this thought has been in my mind during weeks and it's time to talk about it aretha1 I CAN'T understand why she lacks of ballads. Let's see how many ballads she has in her studio albums:

1. Brown Eyes
  2. Speechless
  3. You And I
  4. Dope
  5. Til It Happens To You

WHY fall3 Britney has 14 ballads in her first two albums combined. fall3 Maybe I can't get into Gaga because she doesn't have enough ballads for this ballad-sucker that I am fall3

7 minutes ago, Gilly said:

because ballads are not her strongest area. 

Out of the songs posted in the OP, I only love the first 3. You And I isn't really a ballad tho. 

Probably I forgot some of them too. It's something that I can't understand, she has everything to make good ballads. She's a good singer, songwriter and knows how to play a lot of instruments. It's just not that, she literally has very few slow songs.

1 minute ago, Iconic said:

because her upbeat songs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> careers 

But there's nothing wrong with giving some variety to your catalogue aura1 I mean, everyone knows that her upbeat songs slay but if I want to listen to slow jams I can't count on her, that's so fucked up for me aura1

1 minute ago, ChooseyLover said:

Probably I forgot some of them too. It's something that I can't understand, she has everything to make good ballads. She's a good singer, songwriter and knows how to play a lot of instruments. It's just not that, she literally has very few slow songs.

no ballad of hers will ever live up to this, and its just nice when she sticks to the formula of bops, bops too explicit for single release, then a ballad, then two or three bops wrapping shit up

Just now, L U K E said:

no ballad of hers will ever live up to this, and its just nice when she sticks to the formula of bops, bops too explicit for single release, then a ballad, then two or three bops wrapping shit up

This proves that she could be a good ballad artist rav1 I've seen some live piano versions of her pussy popping songs and it's great. Her unreleased stuff stays unknown for most of the people so it's kinda sad that people don't know she can do everything and do it fine rav1

Just now, ChooseyLover said:

But there's nothing wrong with giving some variety to your catalogue aura1 I mean, everyone knows that her upbeat songs slay but if I want to listen to slow jams I can't count on her, that's so fucked up for me aura1

well her first 3 albums (TF,TFM,BTW) were released when dance music was popular again so she couldn't really release an album full of ballads. Especially since she was one of the main acts to bring back dance music into mainstream pop.

With ARTPOP she wanted an electronic/rave sound so she couldn't really do ballads in it either

Just now, ChooseyLover said:

This proves that she could be a good ballad artist rav1 I've seen some live piano versions of her pussy popping songs and it's great. Her unreleased stuff stays unknown for most of the people so it's kinda sad that people don't know she can do everything and do it fine rav1

People realized she can do everything and do it fine when she dropped TIHTY

/thread

1 minute ago, Iconic said:

well her first 3 albums (TF,TFM,BTW) were released when dance music was popular again so she couldn't really release an album full of ballads. Especially since she was one of the main acts to bring back dance music into mainstream pop.

With ARTPOP she wanted an electronic/rave sound so she couldn't really do ballads in it either

This makes sense. I hope her next album has more slow songs, it would be great. I don't understand why all the monsters start to complain or hate the few ballads she has um2 They should be glad they have 4 or 5 instead of zero moo3

1 minute ago, Tasso said:

Ha good ballads are unreleased sia2

Princess Die

Living On The Radio

Fooled Me Again (Honest Eyes) 

also

• Let Love Down, which is 3rd place next to magnum opus princess die and fooled me again
Just now, Lachlan said:

Don't forget Again Again was released too. Her unreleased catalogue has some real gems as well - Wonderful, Fooled Me Again, Princess Die, Future Love, Let Love Down.

Don't Give Up was a cover but it was still a planned single w/ a music video jj1

3 minutes ago, ChooseyLover said:

This makes sense. I hope her next album has more slow songs, it would be great. I don't understand why all the monsters start to complain or hate the few ballads she has um2 They should be glad they have 4 or 5 instead of zero moo3

well i think it's mainly cause her ballads are not as good as her bops and most of her stanbase wants bops from her. 

Personally i wouldn't be here for an album full of ballads or more than 2-3 slow songs. It's too monotonous.