Firdawsi

Songs that should've been singles and ones that shouldn't have

Woohoo should've been a single instead of NMT. 

Lift me up should've replaced You Lost Me (one of her most overrated ballads). LMU could have had huge potential after her haiti performance

Your body was the perfect lead single but it should've been followed by Red Hot Kinda Love, then Blank Page, then LTBL

Genie In A Bottle, Dirrty, Ain't No Other Man and Not Myself Tonight are fine imo.

I don't like Your Body as a main single, it doesn't fit the concept of the album AT ALL. If I were her, I would DELETE from that album: Army Of Me, Red Hot Kinda Love, Make The World Move and Your Body. Singles: Let There Be Love (lead single), then Light Up The Sky, then Blank Page and finally Just A Fool to close the era nat1

33 minutes ago, ICONICK said:

Woohoo should've been a single instead of NMT. 

Lift me up should've replaced You Lost Me (one of her most overrated ballads). LMU could have had huge potential after her haiti performance

Your body was the perfect lead single but it should've been followed by Red Hot Kinda Love, then Blank Page, then LTBL

I'm not sure what happened there but after WooHoo performance and a one-track single on iTunes, they were probably going to make a video. What exactly went wrong?

4 minutes ago, Vertigo-go said:

I'm not sure what happened there but after WooHoo performance and a one-track single on iTunes, they were probably going to make a video. What exactly went wrong?

We shall never know. dead2 That song is pure slayage. Deserved a video.

18 minutes ago, Vertigo-go said:

I remember them making a corset for the wh video but it never happened

Beautiful should've been the lead of Stripped as I think it represented the album better than Dirrty did. 

I honestly don't know what would have made Bionic work. NMT was the most radio-friendly song. I feel the majority of the record is too sexual or too vapid, especially coming after Stripped and Back to Basics. YLM is one of the best tracks, but I don't feel like it would have represented the record either. 

LTBL should have been the first single from Lotus, then Army of Me. But most of that record needed to be re-done.

15 minutes ago, The Ones That Entertain said:

Beautiful should've been the lead of Stripped as I think it represented the album better than Dirrty did.

Dirrty did amazing internationally tho, it's not her fault the US is prudish as fuck. And it's music video is one of the most iconic moments of her career. I think the Stripped era was great as it was.

ST was perfect

Stripped- should've released Impossible instead of CHUD

B2B- Makes Me Wanna Pray after Hurt, Candyman ending the era

Bionic- The singles run should've been NMT-YLM-Prima Donna-Woohoo

Lotus- Red Hot Kinda Love-LTBL-Blank Page-Your Body

8 minutes ago, The Ones That Entertain said:

I would have put Dirrty as the second single. 

I think she made the right choice, it established her new image and distanced her from her previous bubblegum pop persona.

Beautiful rekindled the prudes interest in her and softened the controversy. If she had released Dirrty after Beautiful I think it would have made people even more pissed off.

Stripped

I think the 1-2-3 punch of Dirrty / Beautiful / Fighter was the right move. I'd probably switch out Can't Hold Us Down and The Voice Within for Impossible and Walk Away, though.

Back to Basics

Ain't No Other Man has never been one of my favorites from this era, but I admit it is solid as a lead single and establishing the general vibe. Follow that with Slow Down Baby, Understand, Mercy On Me and Candyman.

Bionic

Monday Morning would have been my pick for lead single, followed by Elastic Love and Lift Me Up.

Lotus

I'd keep Your Body as lead, with Let There Be Love and Red Hot Kinda Love next.