Adele calls Bowie's producer a 'dickhead' after he claimed her voice was manipulated

Tony Visconti suggested the Hello's singer may have had her voice "manipulated' in the studio

Adele has hit at back at David Bowie's producer after he suggesting her voice was distorted on record.

Tony Visconti - who worked with the late Starman rocker on some of his greatest albums - targeted the Hello singer in a rant aimed at the state of contemporary music.

In a clip uploaded onto Twitter by a fan at a recent concert, the singer can be heard ranting as she says: "Some d***head tried to say that my voice was not me on record... suck my d***."

The producer had blasted the state of mainstream music and claimed the majority of the songs on the radio are "computerised voices"

He said: "You turn the radio on and it's fluff, you are listening to 90% computerised voices. We know Adele has a great voice but it's even questionable if that is actually her voice or how much has been manipulated.

"We don't know. There's a sound to pop now that is so perfect it's boring, because everything is fixed."

Visconti described the current era as "the worst time era in the music industry", and explained his decision to join new Sky Arts talent hunt Guitar Star.

He added: "I'm looking for virtuosos like [Jimi] Hendrix, [Kurt] Cobain and Bowie. There's no flurry back story, there's no: 'I lost my pet dog in '97 and that made me want to play' nonsense."

X

Drag ha Adelegend  HillaryWinkGayCat.gif