Infrared

U.S Senate says NO.mp3 to 4 Gun Control measures

BREAKING: US Senate blocks all 4 gun control measures brought to vote following Orlando mass shooting terror attack:

-In 1st vote, the US Senate blocks measure to increase funding and resources for national background check system

-In 2nd vote, the US Senate blocks measure expanding national background check system to close “gun show loophole"

-In 3rd vote, the US Senate blocks measure to delay gun purchases for suspected terrorists while seeking court ruling on sale

-In 4th vote, the US Senate blocks measure to prevent individuals on terror watch list from buying gun

12 minutes ago, Lachlan said:

So in other words they just printed the death certificates for thousands of people in the next year?

They just printed their NRA check just in time for today's deposit

tumblr_inline_mftmouvtys1qcu1hm.gif

12 minutes ago, Vertigo-go said:

The third one is what does it orly1

The entire terrorist list thing is supposed to PREVENT purchasing guns and domestic supplies in bulk that, if combined, could be made into an explosive orly1

What a world orly1

I know fall2

I'm not exactly surprised that the first two didn't pass - but the third and fourth one? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. 

8 minutes ago, Matthew said:

I know fall2

I'm not exactly surprised that the first two didn't pass - but the third and fourth one? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. 

21 minutes ago, Vertigo-go said:

The entire terrorist list thing is supposed to PREVENT purchasing guns and domestic supplies in bulk that, if combined, could be made into an explosive orly1

What a world orly1

Because Republicans want to introduce a bill that would do the same exact thing but would require the FBI to submit documents verifying that the person is a terrorist and they would only have three days to prove so - which would blow the FBI's cover and just piss terrorists off laughcry1 

They don't want this bill to supposedly infringe on anyone's Second Amendment Rights, because many people are mistakingly put on that list - they claim laughcry1 

Take in mind that Republicans want to ban an entire religion from the U.S because they're afraid of one refugee being a terrorist laughcry1 but if one american is mistaken, god forbid

Why do I feel like Republicans are funding ISIS to increase gun sales laughcry1  I

2 hours ago, Vertigo-go said:

What a world orly1

IKR. If there is ONE part of this that Republicans and Democrats agree on, it's THE TERRORISTS!!1

And yet we can't go so far as to say we don't want people on the fucking watch list to buy guns? Is that REALLY more important than the issue you blame literally every privacy-invading bill on?

1 hour ago, Infrared said:

Because Republicans want to introduce a bill that would do the same exact thing but would require the FBI to submit documents verifying that the person is a terrorist and they would only have three days to prove so - which would blow the FBI's cover and just piss terrorists off laughcry1 

They don't want this bill to supposedly infringe on anyone's Second Amendment Rights, because many people are mistakingly put on that list - they claim laughcry1 

Take in mind that Republicans want to ban an entire religion from the U.S because they're afraid of one refugee being a terrorist laughcry1 but if one american is mistaken, god forbid

Why do I feel like Republicans are funding ISIS to increase gun sales laughcry1  I

What sort of amazes me about this part is the numbers. Yes, there are several hundred thousand people on that watch list. About 5% are US citizens. It ends up being somewhere in the ballpark of 10,000 people I think? I think we can handle the statistical false positives in that number of people without breaking a sweat.

9 minutes ago, Onika said:

IKR. If there is ONE part of this that Republicans and Democrats agree on, it's THE TERRORISTS!!1

And yet we can't go so far as to say we don't want people on the fucking watch list to buy guns? Is that REALLY more important than the issue you blame literally every privacy-invading bill on?

Up to the 90s, or so I hear, store clerks could contact FBI and say some guy just bought two tonnes of compost and matches, and FBI went investigate. It wasn't even some Taliban terrorist alert, it was a thing that made sense to look into just in case. Of course most of those turned out to be just some old geezer buying wholesale for his farm, but I think they stopped real life domestic terrorist attacks too.

FBI has regional offices everywhere, and it's no trouble to check and everyone's safe, but I guess someone somewhere gasped at 2000 dollars spent on petrol to drive to farm's market, and #reported as insufficient spending of government's money moo1

What a fucking trash, this makes me angry and cracks me up at the same time, how people who claim to love their country work hardest to put the same country to a standstill jj4