Agugaga

Why is "Stripped" the most influential pop girl album tho?

Let's discuss.

"Stripped" certainly didn't sell as much as Baby one more time or win as many grammy's as Dangerously In Love...but why has this album stood the test of time and outlasted all those albums and then some, to emerge as the standard pop girl playbook album? xtina5 

Every girl in the industry has modeled after this album one way or another...do I need to run down the list?

Okay, lets. rav2 

Miley Cyrus-Bangerz..."We Can't Stop" was practically her take on Dirrty...she even admitted it. Pop girl gone Urban/hood rat....where else would you turn to other than Stripped? nat1 

Demi Lovato-Her entire career was modeled after "Stripped." She is struggling to find her "Beautiful" but I'll say "Cool For the Summer "is her "Dirrty" for sure. nat1 

Selena Gomez...said her entire "Revival" album was modeled after Stripped. Even the cover is a nod to the masterpiece album that your fave doesn't have in her catalog. rav2 

Katy Perry- Firework was a cheap and recycled version of "Beautiful." Enough said. rav2 

Gaga-Born This Way certainly had some "Stripped" teas. Gaga tried to stand with the LGBT community and promoted self confidence, something "Stripped" had already done a decade earlier. nat1 

So Shitney fans, I'd like to see...where is the Britney influence among this generation of pop girls. Point me to the right  direction? nat1  Has Baby One More Time inspired an entire generation of singers? Didn't think so. nat2  

From the '00s maybe, but overall it's certainly not the most influential. Anyway, it's a great record that showed growth and set Xtina apart from the rest. It's nice that all the youngies are inspired by it, most of them grew up idolizing Xtina so that helps too. You are reaching with Katy and Gaga tho. 

People who deny its impact are those who don't remember this era.

She was only 22 and yet she managed to break free from her teen image and she was taken seriously as an artists (something current teen starts are desperately trying to do but failing). Every teen artist who wants to grow and to be taken seriously wants his Stripped era.

She may be flop now but her fanbase is not limited to teens like Britney's, she grew as an artists and she was welcomed, Britney failed to do that and her fanbase is limited to certain age. And i don't see her breaking from that image now when she's 35, Xtina did it on time and she'll always be able to crossover because of that.

1 hour ago, Agugaga said:

Demi Lovato-Her entire career was modeled after "Stripped." She is struggling to find her "Beautiful" but I'll say "Cool For the Summer "is her "Dirrty" for sure. nat1 

Honestly, how could you do Xtina so wrong by comparing her magnum opus with Flop For the Summer (And the Rest of the Year)?

1 hour ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

People who deny its impact are those who don't remember this era.

She was only 22 and yet she managed to break free from her teen image and she was taken seriously as an artists (something current teen starts are desperately trying to do but failing). Every teen artist who wants to grow and to be taken seriously wants his Stripped era.

She may be flop now but her fanbase is not limited to teens like Britney's, she grew as an artists and she was welcomed, Britney failed to do that and her fanbase is limited to certain age. And i don't see her breaking from that image now when she's 35, Xtina did it on time and she'll always be able to crossover because of that.

maybe it's SOMEWHAT true for the disney pop stars, but stripped did not inspire btw or firework eve1 its not like stripped was the first album in pop history with self acceptance messages... 

plus, xtincta did stripped after britney did 'britney'. yeah, stripped was a bit more ratchet, but britney did it first with 'slave' and songs like 'overprotected'. 

i know i may be young, but i got feelings too, and i need to do what i feel like doing, so let me go and just listen sass1 

10 minutes ago, trashmagic said:

Honestly, how could you do Xtina so wrong by comparing her magnum opus with Flop For the Summer (And the Rest of the Year)?

Dirrty peaked at #48 and is iconic. It's not always about peak positions. nat1 

10 minutes ago, Gilly said:

maybe it's SOMEWHAT true for the disney pop stars, but stripped did no inspire btw or firework eve1 its not like stripped was the first album in pop history with self acceptance messages... 

plus, xtincta did stripped after britney did 'britney'. yeah, stripped was a bit more ratchet, but britney did it first with 'slave' and songs like 'overprotected'. 

i know i may be young, but i got feelings too, and i need to do what i feel like doing, so let me go and just listen sass1 

Well it wasn't, but Stripped was more than just about that, that was the reason critics mostly trashed it, because 'it was all over the place'.

It was break free album, it was about self acceptance, about her family and troubles, sex, love, domestic violence etc. It was her life story and every artist/songwriter wants that.

One second she was Britney copycat, then suddenly the artist is her  sass1

Britney era didn't do that, it was ...Baby/Oops era but just more sexualized. Album was still pretty immature and targeted for same fan base.

I experienced both eras and remember them very well mad1

14 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

Dirrty peaked at #48 and is iconic. It's not always about peak positions. nat1 

Huh? What are you talking about?

Dirrty is an amazing + fantastic song and I'm just surprised that you're comparing it to something as bad as CFTS. 

Just now, trashmagic said:

Huh? What are you talking about?

Dirrty is an amazing + fantastic song and I'm just surprised that you're comparing it to something as bad as CFTS. 

Well it's not Xtina's fault Demi recorded that song.

It's not about quality, it's about influence and impact.

18 minutes ago, Gilly said:

maybe it's SOMEWHAT true for the disney pop stars, but stripped did no inspire btw or firework eve1 its not like stripped was the first album in pop history with self acceptance messages... 

No one is claiming it was the first album in that vein but Miley, Demi, Ariana and Selena have all cited Stripped as a huge influence on their latest efforts. Christina was involved in every single detail about Stripped, co-wroted every single song except for 2, and she decided the direction of the record from start to finish. Britney didn't do shit with her ST, she was being the same label puppet she'd been since her debut releasing everything the label threw at her. It's not our fault if your hatred and bias don't let you see the facts. nat2

17 minutes ago, Gilly said:

dirrty isnt iconic lmfao1 

And you dare to talk about delusion. dead2

3 minutes ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

Well it's not Xtina's fault Demi recorded that song.

It's not about quality, it's about influence and impact.

I know....I'm just saying that it's odd that Agugu is comparing CFTS to something as iconic as Dirrty, they're not at all alike in terms of lyricism or themes or impact.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

what kind of fucking delusion

A lot of this is very true but let's not act like Britney hasn't been a massive influence on almost every pop girl.

xtina stans are so good at dreaming stuff the fact that they think songs like dirrty are some sort of milestone in pop music when it was supposed to be her "im a slave 4 u" so delusional nnn

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.