Dawni

Five songs you would recommend for someone to hear (except her biggest hits)

If you were introducing someone to Madonna and they only knew her biggest hits,

what are the five songs you would recommend for them to hear? jj2

I would probably show them Nothing really matters, Forbidden Love, Impressive Instant, Thief of Hearts & Inside of me xtina10

This is hard. eve1

I would recommend 5 less popular singles and 5 album tracks. This way it is easier, but still there are so many to choose. jj2

Singles:

- Bedtime Story

- Human nature

- Bad Girl

- Oh Father

- Fever

Album tracks:

- Inside Out

- Mer Girl

- Words

- White Heat

- Veni Vidi Vici

Impressive Instant, Easy Ride, Let it Will Be, Sky Fits Heaven, I'm Addicted.

This was difficult brit2 I am a much bigger fan of her more recent work for sure. I decided to base this on songs that I would show to my friends if I was trying to show them why I listen to her and why they shouldn't just rule her out based on her age, and I didn't want to take more than one from any album. I'd have loved to include a few more. Bedtime Story was a close runner up but I went for I'm Addicted because I personally prefer MDNA on the whole so I wanted some representation there. One of my (ex- jj3) friends also told me once that X-Static Process was "beautiful" when it was playing in the background as I was consoling him during a panic attack, but as much as I love it, it's my least fave on the album and I already had Easy Ride in place. Likewise I would've included Paradise, but Impressive Instant is my favourite there.

Ugh, I wish I could pick 10 oprah13

14 hours ago, Shiver said:

Impressive Instant, Easy Ride, Let it Will Be, Sky Fits Heaven, I'm Addicted.

This was difficult brit2 I am a much bigger fan of her more recent work for sure. I decided to base this on songs that I would show to my friends if I was trying to show them why I listen to her and why they shouldn't just rule her out based on her age, and I didn't want to take more than one from any album. I'd have loved to include a few more. Bedtime Story was a close runner up but I went for I'm Addicted because I personally prefer MDNA on the whole so I wanted some representation there. One of my (ex- jj3) friends also told me once that X-Static Process was "beautiful" when it was playing in the background as I was consoling him during a panic attack, but as much as I love it, it's my least fave on the album and I already had Easy Ride in place. Likewise I would've included Paradise, but Impressive Instant is my favourite there.

Ugh, I wish I could pick 10 oprah13

I get what you're saying, but I feel Impressive Instant would not connect well with everyone. It's a type of song that has its audience, but it's not for everyone. Something like Gone or I Deserve It would be more relatable to people who aren't familiar with her. mad12

I love that you chose Let It Will Be tho, that song is well produced with a great message and it would get people interested in her more serious songs. oprah7

2 hours ago, H.O.N.E.Y said:

I get what you're saying, but I feel Impressive Instant would not connect well with everyone. It's a type of song that has its audience, but it's not for everyone. Something like Gone or I Deserve It would be more relatable to people who aren't familiar with her. mad12

I love that you chose Let It Will Be tho, that song is well produced with a great message and it would get people interested in her more serious songs. oprah7

Impressive Instant is in my top five Madonna songs though and is actually my go-to song when I want to play her to people oprah7 It's odd, definitely, but it's still so fresh. If had to pick another from that album it'd definitely be Paradise. And yes, LIWB is perfect on all levels oprah7

This is so fucking hard because she has so many styles, it entirely depends on the taste of the person I'm sharing it with. But as it stands:

1. Oh Father. Because obviously. This song is fucking perfection.

2. Deeper and Deeper. Such an underrated track. And because of the recent resurgence in house/disco music it still sounds surprisingly fresh. That guitar solo and vogue sample is flawless.

3. Gone. So good. So rich. Her vocals are great.

4. I'm Addicted. BEST SONG ON MDNA. WTF WASN'T THIS A SINGLE. SUCH A BOP. alex1

5. Devil Pray. Ooooh save my weave. This song's here to snatch it.

Runner-Ups: Dress You Up, Keep It Together, Survival, Like it or Not, Dance Tonight, All of Rebel God

This is really hard!

I usually force... I mean, recommend my friends to listen to:

Forbidden Love (2005) 
Erotica (Confessions remix)
Waiting
Inside Out
Justify My Love 
Impressive Instant  
Mother And Father

Yes, I know, that's more than 5 songs. But she has too many good songs! antm1

On 13.07.2016 at 11:26 PM, SockBitch said:

4. I'm Addicted. BEST SONG ON MDNA. WTF WASN'T THIS A SINGLE. SUCH A BOP. alex1

I've realized she started to become a senile hag after this single didn't happen but Turd Radio did orly1

I was 100% sure her/her team just LOST it. It's the craziest miss of her entire career trash1