Lana Del Rey | Lust For Life | July 21st, 2017

Hunty Bear    11,839
3 minutes ago, Black Beauty said:

CACKLING! On Genius someone made a tracklist for BAR and made claims that the album will be released april 3rd and that there will be a songs called, Beautiful & Rich, Subversive Road (which isn't a TOO far fetched claim I guess), and even a song called Betrayal ft. Lady Gagany2

https://genius.com/albums/Lana-del-rey/Best-american-record

removed all of them from the metadata! jj2 

Vintage Music    1,692
3 minutes ago, Hunty Bear said:

removed all of them from the metadata! jj2 

OMG RIP TO HA! jj1

Americunt    16,296
1 hour ago, Black Beauty said:

CACKLING! On Genius someone made a tracklist for BAR and made claims that the album will be released april 3rd and that there will be a songs called, Beautiful & Rich, Subversive Road (which isn't a TOO far fetched claim I guess), and even a song called Betrayal ft. Lady Gagany2

https://genius.com/albums/Lana-del-rey/Best-american-record

Some people already contacted Ed yesterday and he said that she doesn't have songs titled Beautiful & Rich or Betrayal. jj2 

Vintage Music    1,692
4 minutes ago, Americunt said:

Some people already contacted Ed yesterday and he said that she doesn't have songs titled Beautiful & Rich or Betrayed. jj2 

I mean it's obviously quite fake.... ny2

Americunt    16,296
1 minute ago, Black Beauty said:

I mean it's obviously quite fake.... ny2

I mean, it was clear to most people, but just in case anyone gets ideas, we have 100% confirmation from her management. jj2 

Vintage Music    1,692
5 minutes ago, Americunt said:

I mean, it was clear to most people, but just in case anyone gets ideas, we have 100% confirmation from her management. jj2 

I feel you, much appreciated! lana1lana1

Vintage Music    1,692

The title track is cute... Kinda long... The bridge gives me Salvatore tease! The glass break! interesting1

Hopefully the final has a bit clearer enunciation, but other than that it's cute and people are saying the final is better than the demo, so I'm excited! katy3

Urbanov    46,916
5 hours ago, Me & The Rhythm said:

This needs to come soon!

Architecture LP better slay, yes

Urbanov    46,916
1 hour ago, Breathless Mahoney said:

INFINITELY better title than Best American Record!

jj4

BAR is soooo Lana. Lust For Life on the other hand... jj3

Chris Morlock    44,758
2 hours ago, Urbanov said:

jj4

BAR is soooo Lana. Lust For Life on the other hand... jj3

i second this jj3

genesis    12,141

yall omfg

and then there was the chimera music logo in the trailer omg what does this mean???

Americunt    16,296
4 minutes ago, httppolarize said:

yall omfg

and then there was the chimera music logo in the trailer omg what does this mean???

People are guessing she's been dropping hints over the course of the last few weeks: the "ingredients can be found online" witch thing was obviously a reference to the trailer, then the chimera thing was a reference to the possibility that she recorded something for the album with someone on Chimera Music (probably Sean Lennon or Yoko Ono) and finally the X<3O being a reference to The Weeknd collab.

genesis    12,141
Just now, Americunt said:

People are guessing she's been dropping hints over the course of the last few weeks: the "ingredients can be found online" witch thing was obviously a reference to the trailer, then the chimera thing was a reference to the possibility that she recorded something for the album with someone on Chimera Music (probably Sean Lennon or Yoko Ono) and finally the X<3O being a reference to The Weeknd collab.

the weeknd collab is gonna scalp me tbh, and i'd be very interested to hear a yoko ono collab

ajp    9,480

Hits Daily Double also saw XO in the trailer (1:17 mark):

Interscope¬†siren¬†Lana Del¬†Rey¬†revealed a trailer for her upcoming album today, along with its title,¬†Lust for Life. The usage of the¬†XO¬†label logo in the clip‚ÄĒjust over two minutes long‚ÄĒhas sparked speculation of collaboration with XO poster boy and¬†Republic¬†hitmaker¬†The¬†Weeknd. A Weeknd/Del Rey combo? Could be huge.

According to ASCAP's online database, Abel Tesfaye (The Weeknd's birth name) is in fact listed as a writer on a song called "Lust For Life." Could there be more? Stay tuned for updates.

This wouldn't be the first time the pair have worked together. Del Rey was featured on Beauty Behind the Madness' "Prisoner" and Starboy's "Stargirl Interlude." She's also listed as a writer on "Party Monster." However, this would mark Tesfaye's first appearance on a Del Rey project. 

Americunt    16,296

Paris Match Magazine released. It confirmed July 21st as the album release date.