Tonic

Only Gaga can do this

23 minutes ago, light741 said:

We already covered xtina's impact. All of this started when another user said Gaga doesn't have the talent to make it on her singing alone. If having perfect technique was the essential qualification, xtina wouldn't have made it. So this double standard is very evident. Gaga has a good singing technique, and has raw talent as well. So i don't see the point in saying she couldn't have made it.

The way you've been twisting your argument all over this thread. rip3 You either have it or not and she doesn't. Gaga can hit all the notes with neutral larynx, great breath support, immaculate intonation, resonating in the mask etc etc (let me just clarify that she has never and never will do such thing but let's pretend she does) yet she will NEVER, read again, NEVER be considered a true virtuoso or top-notch vocalist for the simple fact that her voice and singing are mediocre and ordinary. There's only so much you can do when your raw talent isn't top-notch. Her wannabe Broadway vocals are just not it, sorry. You need to let it go, nah to the ah to the NO, NO, NOOOO. 

nohxsim0uuka.gif

1 minute ago, Selig said:

The way you've been twisting your argument all over this thread. rip3 You either have it or not and she doesn't. Gaga can hit all the notes with neutral larynx, great breath support, immaculate intonation, resonating in the mask etc etc (let me just clarify that she has never and never will do such thing but let's pretend she does) yet she will NEVER, read again, NEVER be considered a true virtuoso or top-notch vocalist for the simple fact that her voice and singing is mediocre and ordinary. There's only so much you can do when your raw talent isn't top-notch. Her wannabe Broadway vocals are just not it, sorry. You need to let it go, nah to the ah to the NO, NO, NOOOO. 

nohxsim0uuka.gif

Gaga's singing is mediocre and you support xtina, Once again a contradiction.

Wonder%2BWoman%2BKicks%2BAss.gif

2 minutes ago, light741 said:

Gaga's singing is mediocre and you support xtina, Once again a contradiction.

Xtina's voice is top notch, so there's the big big difference. nat1 Also, plenty of vocal legends have praised Aguilera to the high heavens, the opinion of Aretha Franklin, Whitney Huston, Patti Labelle, Céline Dion, etc etc. >>>>> the opinion of a pressed nobody on an online board. kii You can cry out loud all you want but Christina will remain the biggest vocal influence from her generation and Gags will remain a fad that no one checks for vocals. STAY LOSING AND FUMING, bye bye. 

mariah-wave-bye.gif

5 minutes ago, Selig said:

Xtina's voice is top notch, so there's the big big difference. nat1 Also, plenty of vocal legends have praised Aguilera to the high heavens, the opinion of Aretha Franklin, Whitney Huston, Patti Labelle, Céline Dion, etc etc. >>>>> the opinion of a pressed nobody on an online board. kii You can cry out loud all you want but Christina will remain the biggest vocal influence from her generation and Gags will remain a fad that no one checks for vocals. STAY LOSING AND FUMING, bye bye. 

mariah-wave-bye.gif

Usually legends praise xtina's voice more than her singing. You think no legends have praised Gaga?, and she has the superior technique. So i don't see a valid point to say Gaga couldn't have made it. 

Wonder%2BWoman%2BKicks%2BAss.gif

13 hours ago, light741 said:

Ignore your ponints?

1) You ignored the points I've made regarding Gaga's own common technique errors.

2) You ignored the examples I've shown you of Gaga improperly using her voice.

3) You ignored my counterargument to as of why Gaga is not a vocal icon.

4) You ignored the fact that Gaga herself said numerous times she couldn't make it as a vocalist. I brought that to your attention twice yet you still conveniently ignored it.

5) You ignored the comments I've made regarding Gaga's history of mimicking others singers and how she lacks a solid technique when she uses her authentic voice.

This all leads back to my original comment's narrative : Gaga fans do not care about her talent's merit, but will only vaguely use it as an excuse to claim she's better than her contemporaries. You have ignored every critical remark I made about Gaga and directly said that there's no need to discuss her talent on a critically sophisticated level. Not one genuine fan of a certain talent would turn down the opportunity to discuss it on a deeper and more complex level, but that's exactly what you did. You repeatedly ignored the critical context of my comments to continuously make the same comment : "Christina lacks breath control blah blah, Gaga has a solid technique (stops elaborating) blah blah".

11 hours ago, Jjang said:

1) You ignored the points I've made regarding Gaga's own common technique errors.

2) You ignored the examples I've shown you of Gaga improperly using her voice.

3) You ignored my counterargument to as of why Gaga is not a vocal icon.

4) You ignored the fact that Gaga herself said numerous times she couldn't make it as a vocalist. I brought that to your attention twice yet you still conveniently ignored it.

5) You ignored the comments I've made regarding Gaga's history of mimicking others singers and how she lacks a solid technique when she uses her authentic voice.

This all leads back to my original comment's narrative : Gaga fans do not care about her talent's merit, but will only vaguely use it as an excuse to claim she's better than her contemporaries. You have ignored every critical remark I made about Gaga and directly said that there's no need to discuss her talent on a critically sophisticated level. Not one genuine fan of a certain talent would turn down the opportunity to discuss it on a deeper and more complex level, but that's exactly what you did. You repeatedly ignored the critical context of my comments to continuously make the same comment : "Christina lacks breath control blah blah, Gaga has a solid technique (stops elaborating) blah blah".

Gaga not beng techncally flawlles in all aspects doesn't make her unable to have a career as a vocalist. When you somehow made a case for xtina's career, are you really aware of the fact that xtina's technique is very unhealthy?, That she was out of vocal prime at age 28?, and hasn't grown in terms of technique?. On the contrary, she stll has the same unhealthy singing habits that are keep going to take a toll on her voice..

Gaga was able to get my attention wiith her strpped down and acustic version of her songs, i've always been interested in her singing talent, and i want to see her grow even more as a vocalist..

On 8.8.2016 at 4:40 AM, Taylor said:

This thread going on page 12 all because a new obsessed rat and a recurrent obsessed rat discovered this thread rip4 @Tonic got some people shook with his thread I see rip4 

I really didnt want to start something like this rip4 Well, at least I have a hit thread I guess shrug1

On 7-8-2016 at 9:03 PM, Jjang said:

But I'm not claiming Madonna has a vocally challenging discography either. 

I'm an ex Gaga fan myself and I participated in enough fan forums (Incl. Gagadaily) to know exactly how her fans' mindset works. This is not the first time I'm dealing with types such as yourself, you're all the same.

You're naming one.. dead2 

GagaDaily is honestly the base for thé most delusional gay stans in the entire Gaga fanbase. dead2 

There are a dose of Monsters who are not deluded and such and you're the def not the person who should qualify us as all the same. Thank you very much. 

Funny how so many Gaga fans have such overwhelming difficulties enjoying their fav without putting her on ridiculous pedestals. If you think about it, it's actually an insult to her as an artist. The only way you can appreciate her is by proclaiming she's better than everyone else? Really? You're stanning for someone who literally said she doesn't think of herself as an artist yet, and that she's still in a student phase. Maybe adopt the same humble pov and expand your musical horizon a bit. Gaga isn't the only artist to do anything and she'd be the first to agree with that.

clap1

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want to dedicate my 20.000th post to Gaga. There is no other fave, that could perform live like this. No other fave that is as much of a musician as she is. Synergizing with her band, accompanying o

That's not Jazz though. But yeah. I will enjoy Jazz because my fave CAN DO Jazz and Rock and Pop and Hip Hop and Soul and any alternative music.

Second Jazz Album isn't coming out until next year after LG5  I know you're excited for it but just be patient

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.