Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Agugaga

Which era will be more remembered: Stripped vs. Born This Way

Would a Carly Rae Jepsen & Grimes joint album slay?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Would a Carly Rae Jepsen & Grimes joint album slay?

• shUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY
    • Not here for this

When talking about their first 1.5 era's...Gaga was obviously bigger than Xtina. Christina had a huge debut album but did it make her the big phenomenon that Gaga became? Probably not.

From "Genie In a Bottle" through "Lady Marmalade" Christina was the 2nd biggest female artist on a worldwide scale next to Britney.

From "Just Dance" through "Alejandro" Lady Gaga emerged as the biggest female artist on a worldwide scale (at least from Paparazzi and onward).

Christina started off stronger with "Genie" and "What a Girl Wants" and then sort of settled down on the remainder of the era, whereas Gaga started off smaller with "Just Dance" and "Poker Face" and then reached massive heights during "Bad Romance" and "Telephone".

Then came Christina's "Stripped" era, where we can pretty much admit was her peak in buzz, media attention, success, controversy, etc. whereas Britney had dwindled down a bit. Xtina was the biggest pop star on a global scale during that era (2002-2004).

Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" kind of tells a different tale...she is def not as popular as she once was. Sure the album started off HUGE and stronger than "Stripped"...but just a few months later the album is already losing plenty of steam whereas "Stripped" had longevity and built her over 12 million in sales overtime.

Which era is going to be more remembered years down the line?

The monsters have to admit, Christina caused way more controversy during her "Stripped" era than Gaga has done on this album. "Dirrty" and "Beautiful" were the perfect one-two punch that i would say was the peak of her career (despite Dirrty under performing in the US), and the singles kept rolling out through 2004. Gaga on the other hand had a #1 hit with "Born This Way" due to huge hype, but is it gonna be as big of a hit as "Beautiful"? The answer is an obvious No. "The Edge of Glory" and "You and I" are nice sized hits in the vein of "Figher" and "Can't Hold Us Down" but overall i think Christina wins this era simply because there was more buzz and attention on her, whereas Gaga seems to kinda just be here now and getting overshadowed by Adele and Katy Perry.

Move this into the poll section please...i made a mistake.

the iconic stripped era.

the 'btw' era is going to be remembered mostly for

- first discounted album to sell 1 million copies

- first song who managed to get 40M AI in two days then stalled at 100M AI and started falling like a cliff

- the snoozefest 'teog' video was

ny7.gif' alt='ny6'>

and of course stans and ocasional listeners are going to remember some great songs from 'btw'. :D

Gaga getting overshadowed by Kunty Perry who cannot put on a decent show without going off pitch? Bitch please ny7ny7

Tbh there's a lot of songs I absolutely loathe on "Stripped", I cannot listen to the album without skipping a lot of tracks. But there are some golden songs on it. Though I prefer Born This Way over Stripped any days. The concept of Born This Way is a lot more interesting (IMO) and the songs are more enjoyable to listen to.

"Gaga on the other hand had a #1 hit with "Born This Way" due to huge hype, but is it gonna be as big of a hit as "Beautiful"? The answer is an obvious No"

-Beautiful - Christina Aguilera

RCA - 4.626.000 points

-Born This Way - Lady GaGa

Interscope - 2011 - 6.626.000 points

mmmm. i think..... is an obvious YES :lmfao:

"Gaga on the other hand had a #1 hit with "Born This Way" due to huge hype, but is it gonna be as big of a hit as "Beautiful"? The answer is an obvious No"

RCA - 4.626.000 points

you did nawt :lmfao:

you did nawt :lmfao:

:lmfao:

yes, he/she did not pwned himself so badly. ny7

allow me to remind you that 'born this way' has sold a lot of DIGITAL copies. digital sales were hardly available in 2002. :) but keep reaching.

I feel gaga's peak and popularity is from The Fame and Fame Monster rather this era we're in. The Fame will be remembered for a long time. But this btw era, not so much. It's still big for gaga. but not as big as her debut.

And Just Dance and Poker face, aside from the equally popular Bad Romance is actually her biggest songs, Aguguguguugu. :)

RCA - 4.626.000 points

LOL you just proved my point! "Born This Way" was barely able to scrap passed "Beautiful" with both Airplay and digital sales available. Meanwhile Beautiful ranked up all those points solely on airplay and minimal sales from cd singles. Putting it in context from 2003 standards to 2011 standards, "Beautiful" is a much bigger hit by A LANDSLIDE.

On top of that "Dirrty" was a massive hit despite minimal airplay in the US. If you want to compare "Dirrty" to "Judas" it shits on it so hard in popularity. Girl you are the one reaching.

The singles on Stripped are so much more iconic than the ones from BTW. Obviously they've got a good ten years on them so they would be but I don't see the BTW being as big in 10 years, Judas wasn't even big this year.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.