Juinae

The RED Megarate | Results On First Page

5 minutes ago, Juinae said:

Ending on a slower note, Begin Again might just be Red's cutest and most vulnerable moment. It's the one song where love really comes through, Taylor leaves all the worries and unfortunate memories behind and embraces her newest partner. Lyrically, it's just beyond adorable with every little element, such as an unimportant, one might think, part of a conversation to pulling a chair out, being described and even if it might come off as a bit too sweet, it never crosses the line of becoming overwhelmingly saccharine. The accompaying melody is the closest the album has come to pure country and it was the perfect background to the story. It flows seamlessly leaving the listener (well, me at least) in a real paradise where everything is calm, peaceful and beautiful... even if only for ~4 minutes. - @Vilppu

omg this is so beautiful oprah4clap3 

state-of-grace-single-taylor-swift-itune

#2. State of Grace

Comments:
It's a great album opener with a nice blend of pop, rock, and country. I used to hate this song but it's now my second favorite. - @Hannah.
Despite being pretty low-key for a rock-influenced track, it's actually one the album's boldest musical statements. It's energetic although it never really explodes, it's anthemic although it doesn't have an instantly recognisable chorus, its hook doesn't catch the listener's attention instantly and yet becomes much more rewarding in a longer run. As opposed to the first lines of lyrics ("I'm walking fast through the traffic lights / Busy streets and busy lives"), it's a track which doesn't reveal all of its greatness on first listen. Instead, it slowly but surely shows its advantages on repeated "meetings" being not only a perfect opener to the incredibly varied and unpredictable world of Red but also a perfect song on its own. - @Vilppu
The best opener in all of musical history.  - @blankdreams.
It's perfect oprah2 the ethereal guitars and breathy vocals ugh slay me. cry6 - @Kali

Highest Rate: 11 @Snow @Taylor @Hannah. @Kali
Lowest Rate: 6 @The Black Parade

That means...

1157940_1356103978883_full.png

#1. All Too Well

Comments:
Even more iconic. Even more perfect. Even more of an anthem. One of the best heartbreak songs that has ever graced my ear drums. One of Taylor's best songs, period. - @Hannah.
Forget Enchanted, this is Taylor at her highest high. Being one of her most complex and sophisticated tracks in every possible aspects, it tells a story of a doomed relationship. It starts rather innocently when Swift describes the past moments, the moments when she felt true love and joy with her former boyfriend. However, as the track progresses, the mood changes - it's the break-up (and her absolute lyrical peak with the "And you call me up again just to break me like a promise / So casually cruel in the name of being honest" lines) where you can almost feel the pain the lyrical I was experiencing. The production and instruments follow the lyrical and emotional content: at first All Too Well seems like a warm, pretty country ballad but when it reaches its climax, it becomes an expressive, insanely hard-hitting and thrilling rock composition. It takes a certain talent to write a track like this, however, it also takes a certain talent to pull it off convincingly. It's another area where Tay does not disappoint though. She might not be an exceptional vocalist but the emotions she provides here are truly commendable. All in all, a magnum opus and (sadly) one of her last brilliant creative moments before she collapsed in on herself (1939). - @Vilppu
Nothing deserves the 12 more than this, I mean... the emotion, the melody. THE ABSOLUTE SNUB FOR THIS NOT BEING A SINGLE. THE ICONIC HAIRFLIPS. - @blankdreams.
Overrated within the fanbase. It has good lyrics but it's not that special. - @Snow
A masterpiece. rav3 - @Kali

Highest Rate: 12 @Avril Lavigne @Lord Stoneheart @fab @Anna-wa @Taylor @Hannah. @Vilppu @blankdreams. @Hyperballad @Kali @Juinae
Lowest Rate: 1 @PhCh You tried it. eve1 Scalp em ladies. meg1

1 minute ago, Juinae said:

Forget Enchanted, this is Taylor at her highest high. Being one of her most complex and sophisticated tracks in every possible aspects, it tells a story of a doomed relationship. It starts rather innocently when Swift describes the past moments, the moments when she felt true love and joy with her former boyfriend. However, as the track progresses, the mood changes - it's the break-up (and her absolute lyrical peak with the "And you call me up again just to break me like a promise / So casually cruel in the name of being honest" lines) where you can almost feel the pain the lyrical I was experiencing. The production and instruments follow the lyrical and emotional content: at first All Too Well seems like a warm, pretty country ballad but when it reaches its climax, it becomes an expressive, insanely hard-hitting and thrilling rock composition. It takes a certain talent to write a track like this, however, it also takes a certain talent to pull it off convincingly. It's another area where Tay does not disappoint though. She might not be an exceptional vocalist but the emotions she provides here are truly commendable. All in all, a magnum opus and (sadly) one of her last brilliant creative moments before she collapsed in on herself (1939). - @Vilppu

cry7 Standing ovation for this one to be honest. clap3

2 minutes ago, Juinae said:

state-of-grace-single-taylor-swift-itune

#2. State of Grace

Comments:
It's a great album opener with a nice blend of pop, rock, and country. I used to hate this song but it's now my second favorite. - @Hannah.
Despite being pretty low-key for a rock-influenced track, it's actually one the album's boldest musical statements. It's energetic although it never really explodes, it's anthemic although it doesn't have an instantly recognisable chorus, its hook doesn't catch the listener's attention instantly and yet becomes much more rewarding in a longer run. As opposed to the first lines of lyrics ("I'm walking fast through the traffic lights / Busy streets and busy lives"), it's a track which doesn't reveal all of its greatness on first listen. Instead, it slowly but surely shows its advantages on repeated "meetings" being not only a perfect opener to the incredibly varied and unpredictable world of Red but also a perfect song on its own. - @Vilppu
The best opener in all of musical history.  - @blankdreams.
It's perfect oprah2 the ethereal guitars and breathy vocals ugh slay me. cry6 - @Kali

Highest Rate: 11 @Snow @Taylor @Hannah. @Kali
Lowest Rate: 6 @The Black Parade

That means...

1157940_1356103978883_full.png

#1. All Too Well

Comments:
hiss. - @Hannah.
hiss hiss hiss - @Vilppu
hiss - @blankdreams.
Overrated within the fanbase. It has good lyrics but it's not that special. - @Snow
hiss - @Kali

Highest Rate: 12 @Avril Lavigne @Lord Stoneheart @fab @Anna-wa @Taylor @Hannah. @Vilppu @blankdreams. @Hyperballad @Kali @Juinae
Lowest Rate: 1 @PhCh You tried it. eve1 Scalp em ladies. meg1

State of Grace deserved to win
But All Too Well is a great song too so I don't mind that much
But still
tina1

I just want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to participate in my very first megarate as the host. It was so fun to read all your rates and the comments that came along with them. I know this results show had a rocky start but I am so overjoyed that it picked up and talent won! Thank you all for everything! And most importantly thank you for getting Taylord those posts that she much needed. I hope to do this again one day. You're all very special to me for this.

With all my heart,

Juinae

xoxo

FOTP_And_That_s_Sincerely_Juinae.gif

1 minute ago, Juinae said:

I just want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to participate in my very first megarate as the host. It was so fun to read all your rates and the comments that came along with them. I know this results show had a rocky start but I am so overjoyed that it picked up and talent won! Thank you all for everything! And most importantly thank you for getting Taylord those posts that she much needed. I hope to do this again one day. You're all very special to me for this.

With all my heart,

Juinae

xoxo

FOTP_And_That_s_Sincerely_Juinae.gif

you did great yas2 thanks for doing this yas2 

Thank you @Juinae for doing this. :*

Even though Treacherous and Holy Ground deserve justice, I'm happy with the top 2. ;)

No but seriously, thank you for doing this megarate for Taylor's magnum opus. Can't wait to see what you do next (if you do anything that is hahaha). <3

45 minutes ago, Snow said:

The best song on the album
yas2

Also officially unstanning blankdreams for killing the songs I actually like
Everything Has Changed deserved to SUFFER
May it CHOKE at #19
tina1

34 minutes ago, Snow said:

WANEGBT getting #9 over Sad Cancerous Tragic
HOW DID THIS EVENT GO SO WRONG IN JUST FIVE MINUTES

tumblr_neth2dLRId1qfoj4do1_400.gif

you don't stan sad enchanting tragic awk1 unstanning you too awk1 all of you awk1 

28 minutes ago, fab said:

Highest Rate: 11 @blankdreams

JustinBieberLoveYourself.pngcry4 

I was trying to save it from being so low alex1 

Here are the results just for summary:
#19. Girl At Home - 2.91
#18. Everything Has Changed (feat. Ed Sheeran) - 5.59
#17. Starlight - 5.76
#16. The Lucky One - 5.85
#15. I Almost Do - 6.18
#14. Stay Stay Stay - 6.35
#13. The Moment I Knew - 7
#12. Come Back... Be Here - 7.09
#11. 22 - 7.18
#10. Treacherous - 7.47
#9. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together - 7.5
#8. Sad Beautiful Tragic - 7.56
#7. The Last Time - 7.88
#6. Holy Ground - 8.41
#5. I Knew You Were Trouble - 8.53
#4. Red - 8.56
#3. Begin Again - 9.06
#2. State of Grace - 9.59
#1. All Too Well - 10.35

Average score for this Legendary Album: 7.31

And I also calculated the average score that we each gave to the album as a whole:

@The Black Parade - 7.47
@Avril Lavigne - 7.97
@Lord Stoneheart - 7.16
@Snow - 6.11
@fab - 6.42
@Anna-wa - 8.53
@Chris Pratt - 7.47
@Taylor - 7.84
@Hannah. -7
@RandomosiTAY - 7.21
@Vilppu - 6.11
@blankdreams. @6.11
@PhCh - 6.63
@Hyperballad - 9.26
@Sylk - 7.84
@Kali - 6.71
@Juinae - 8.37

Once again thank you for participating! It means a lot to me.

look at me being right on time for the deserved winner wow

i think we've come to terms that plenty of talent lost today, but at least the trash left right where they should! 

I'd also like to announce that I'm becoming a ful-time Ed Godran stan and making my Taylor stan job parttime because this forum needs to let itself in on some talent!

and finallythanks @Juinae for doing dis even though you stan the shitty one <3