Michael.

So why did Rise flop?

I really think they expected this to smash and help lead her into her next era. Instead, she should take the signal. They are probably going to re-strategize her whole next era at this point and delay it until 2017. That would be the smart thing to do. nat1 

I think the GP or critics weren't here for another generic Katy ballad.  sass1  Critics literally SLAMMED it  

It was billed as the Olympics song, which has helped songs blow up in the past so it was kind of shocking to see it perform so mediocre.  #11 isn't a flop, though its performance since that peak has been pretty terrible.  

I could definitely see this being treated similarly to "Focus" and "Pretty Girls" last year xtina15

32 minutes ago, Nocturn said:

orly1

It was for Olympics. Not a lead single of a new album. So, who cares.

Did Xtina slay with Telepathy or Change? What about Britney's Hands? Or her new Glory songs? eve1 

That's literally a reason more for it to smash and it didn't?  makeup2_zpsypjvmnyv.gif

Coming back from a huge era and with a song for the olympics was supposed to be a good strategy.

It should have created buzz and nothing really happened.   cunty.gif

2 hours ago, WelatRogue said:

It's doing fine but is definitely one of her worst selling singles. But that's obviously because it's not the typical Katy Song. It's different from what people expected and I guess the GP wasn't here for it. But that could also be a good thing considering that she still works on her album and maybe that leads to more changes being done to the album. Maybe she was just testing out how the GP would treat songs like this from her.

lmfao1 it really isn't. It's a rehash of roar but even worse. 

Everyone is for excuses but there are several reasons why, some not even Katy's fault

1) Releasing it as an Apple Music exclusive, then waiting to release it on Spotify. For a song for the Olympics, it just felt like a cheap move by NBC to watch their shitty programming and get some coins. You would think they would deliver it to the masses but I guess that's what the YouTube video was for.

2) The single was not experimental at all. A majority of the reviews (and I have several receipts) stated this song was basically a Sia ballad reject, predictable, and too slow. For a song about "rising", there really wasn't a climax in the song and the chorus was hardly there. It is a rehash of Roar lyrically.

3) The video was about as interesting as my phone drying in rice after spilling a glass of water on it. The first minute of the video is basically the entire video dead2 

4) Flat as hell messy performance at the DNC that was random and not promoted properly. The problem was that she couldn't hear herself sing, but she's also not a good singer, so maybe that isn't a bad thing for her, just us. She did get the slot right before Chelsea Clinton, but it wasn't enough.

5) NBC ditched the song because Katy was stupid enough to sing it at the DNC. 

6) Katy isn't the IT girl anymore, or atleast not at the moment. She's getting older and generation z moves on to the next young thing. Not really her fault, but she's basically been off grid dating Orlando so nothing for people to really talk about.

tl;dr Messy release for a forgettable single. Katy will probably slay with her next single because she doesn't have to deal with NBC's bullshit who probably wanted a song as basic as this anyways 

1 hour ago, Nocturn said:

orly1

It was for Olympics. Not a lead single of a new album. So, who cares.

Did Xtina slay with Telepathy or Change? What about Britney's Hands? Or her new Glory songs? eve1 

Telepathy and Change didn't have videos and weren't sent to radio. They also didn't have a tie in with the #1 network for the biggest event of the decade. 

WHATS GOOD GIRL. nat2 

49 minutes ago, Infrared said:

Everyone is for excuses but there are several reasons why, some not even Katy's fault

1) Releasing it as an Apple Music exclusive, then waiting to release it on Spotify. For a song for the Olympics, it just felt like a cheap move by NBC to watch their shitty programming and get some coins. You would think they would deliver it to the masses but I guess that's what the YouTube video was for.

2) The single was not experimental at all. A majority of the reviews (and I have several receipts) stated this song was basically a Sia ballad reject, predictable, and too slow. For a song about "rising", there really wasn't a climax in the song and the chorus was hardly there. It is a rehash of Roar lyrically.

3) The video was about as interesting as my phone drying in rice after spilling a glass of water on it. The first minute of the video is basically the entire video dead2 

4) Flat as hell messy performance at the DNC that was random and not promoted properly. The problem was that she couldn't hear herself sing, but she's also not a good singer, so maybe that isn't a bad thing for her, just us. She did get the slot right before Chelsea Clinton, but it wasn't enough.

5) NBC ditched the song because Katy was stupid enough to sing it at the DNC. 

6) Katy isn't the IT girl anymore, or atleast not at the moment. She's getting older and generation z moves on to the next young thing. Not really her fault, but she's basically been off grid dating Orlando so nothing for people to really talk about.

tl;dr Messy release for a forgettable single. Katy will probably slay with her next single because she doesn't have to deal with NBC's bullshit who probably wanted a song as basic as this anyways 

Blaming NBC is not the way to go. aretha1

They've successfully crafted hit singles before...see "Moves Like Jagger." Recorded for the sole intention of cross-promoting The Voice and it became one of the biggest hits of the decade. nat2 

9 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

Telepathy and Change didn't have videos and weren't sent to radio. They also didn't have a tie in with the #1 network for the biggest event of the decade. 

WHATS GOOD GIRL. nat2 

As if videos would save them from flopping hard just like every other Fat Tina's solo single this decade lmfao1Same for radio, radio don't like shitty songs, sorry not sorry demi1

1 minute ago, Pigtina Obesilera said:

As if videos would save them from flopping hard just like every other Fat Tina's solo single this decade lmfao1Same for radio, radio don't like shitty songs, sorry not sorry demi1

Radio don't like shitty songs, which is why Katy is suffering from a flop streak. nat2 

3 hours ago, Onika said:

xtina8                             xtina8xtina8xtina8xtina8    xtina8
xtina8                             xtina8                         xtina8    xtina8
xtina8                             xtina8                         xtina8    xtina8
xtina8xtina8xtina8    xtina8xtina8xtina8xtina8    xtina8xtina8xtina8

tell me all you know about musical diversity Nicki and Kesha stan.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was a new single from a major pop girl who was just coming back from a BIG era. And yet,the song flopped in sales and streaming which is surprising from Katy who is a pretty huge streamin

she performed it at DNC and broke NBC's exclusivity and as a result they didn't play the song.

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.