H.O.N.E.Y

NOBODY in the Pop world has the BALLS to do what She did!

Do I have to change my name?
Will it get me far?
Should I lose some weight?
Am I gonna be a star?

I tried to be a boy,
I tried to be a girl
I tried to be a mess,
I tried to be the best

It's like Stefani's inner voice, isn't it?

Let's not forget that AL is followed by Hollywood, Nothing Fails and then Love Profusion. The whole album is not actually about the war, It's about the illusion of what American dream is, about fame, fortune and the monsters it brings. She said it herself, Who knows better about fame other than the most famous woman on earth?

2 hours ago, Ultra Blue said:

It's like Stefani's inner voice, isn't it?

Let's not forget that AL is followed by Hollywood, Nothing Fails and then Love Profusion. The whole album is not actually about the war, It's about the illusion of what American dream is, about fame, fortune and the monsters it brings. She said it herself, Who knows better about fame other than the most famous woman on earth?

I agree but still the theme of war lingers in other songs, not as blatantly as American Life but still is a huge part of the theme cos she uses the war as an example of how fake the American Dream is.

There is no comprehension
There is real isolation
There is so much destruction
What I want is a celebration

And I know I can feel bad
When I get in a bad mood
And the world can look so sad
Only you make me feel good

This world is not so kind
People trap your mind
It's so hard to find
Someone to admire

No one's telling you how to live my life
But it's a setup, and I'm just fed up
It's no good when you're misunderstood
But why should I care
What the world thinks of me
Won't let a stranger
Give me a social disease

I don't want no lies
I don't watch TV
I don't waste my time
Won't read a magazine

2 hours ago, Rebel Bitch said:

No1 is expecting from u to have taste eve1 

I mean 141618403810111.jpg.a142ae0bdc1c065962d0

The nerve of ha tho. jj5

It's like if a homeless bum from Zimbabwe came to LA and started shading a Beverly Hills mansion saying it's ugly. Like say what now? mad5

On 8/24/2016 at 7:07 PM, Nocturn said:

Both versions slay.  eve1

There was a third version, and that was the version that I first saw cos I live in the Middle East. That version had madonna throwing the bomb, George catching it, asking Saddam Hussein for a lighter and Saddam throws a lighter to Bush and he uses it to light the cigar/bomb and smokes on it. eve1

What I understood from that version is that Madonna is exposing the fact that these leaders are all playing the game of war and it's all a game and WE THE PEOPLE are the ones that suffer. (I honestly don't believe Saddam was hanged/Bin Laden was found and killed, but that's a whole OTHER can of worms). aretha1

4 minutes ago, H.O.N.E.Y said:

There was a third version, and that was the version that I first saw cos I live in the Middle East. That version had madonna throwing the bomb, George catching it, asking Saddam Hussein for a lighter and Saddam throws a lighter to Bush and he uses it to light the cigar/bomb and smokes on it. eve1

What I understood from that version is that Madonna is exposing the fact that these leaders are all playing the game of war and it's all a game and WE THE PEOPLE are the ones that suffer. (I honestly don't believe Saddam was hanged/Bin Laden was found and killed, but that's a whole OTHER can of worms). aretha1

When I said that both versions slayed, I meant the original and director's cut. eve1 Not that flag video crap.

23 minutes ago, Nocturn said:

When I said that both versions slayed, I meant the original and director's cut. eve1 Not that flag video crap.

I know u weren't talking about it. I wasn't either. I thought u meant u think the director's cut and the bush version slayed. The third was the Saddam and Bush one, and then the fourth was the flop flag version. eve1

4 minutes ago, H.O.N.E.Y said:

I know u weren't talking about it. I wasn't either. I thought u meant u think the director's cut and the bush version slayed. The third was the Saddam and Bush one, and then the fourth was the flop flag version. eve1

There are 4 versions? um1 

1 minute ago, Nocturn said:

There are 4 versions? um1 

Well I explained what it was here lol

2 hours ago, Nocturn said:

@H.O.N.E.Y

Wait, Saddam Hussein?

YES!:P

I think I mentioned that twice already lol. eve1

Basically it's all one video, they just deleted stuff from it so it became 4 versions:

1) Original 1st Version: Contains scenes wearing the uniform + scenes in bathroom and catwalk + Bush smoking a cigar + Saddam Hussein lending a lighter

2) Original 2nd Version: Contains scenes wearing the uniform + scenes in bathroom and catwalk + Bush smoking a cigar + Saddam Hussein lending a lighter

3) Director's Cut Version: Contains scenes wearing the uniform + scenes in bathroom and catwalk + Bush smoking a cigar + Saddam Hussein lending a lighter

4) Flag Version: Contains scenes wearing the uniform + scenes in bathroom and catwalk + Bush smoking a cigar + Saddam Hussein lending a lighter

1 hour ago, H.O.N.E.Y said:

YES!:P

I think I mentioned that twice already lol. eve1

Basically it's all one video, they just deleted stuff from it so it became 4 versions:

1) Original 1st Version: Contains scenes wearing the uniform + scenes in bathroom and catwalk + Bush smoking a cigar + Saddam Hussein lending a lighter

2) Original 2nd Version: Contains scenes wearing the uniform + scenes in bathroom and catwalk + Bush smoking a cigar + Saddam Hussein lending a lighter

3) Director's Cut Version: Contains scenes wearing the uniform + scenes in bathroom and catwalk + Bush smoking a cigar + Saddam Hussein lending a lighter

4) Flag Version: Contains scenes wearing the uniform + scenes in bathroom and catwalk + Bush smoking a cigar + Saddam Hussein lending a lighter

Where can I watch that version with Saddam Hussein? um1

The original and director's cut have some differences. Certain things that are shown in one version, aren't shown in the other. Like that scene where soldiers mock Muslim children on catwalk.

40 minutes ago, Nocturn said:

Where can I watch that version with Saddam Hussein? um1

The original and director's cut have some differences. Certain things that are shown in one version, aren't shown in the other. Like that scene where soldiers mock Muslim children on catwalk.

I searched the internet everywhere for it a while ago but it seems nobody uploaded it. It came on the same week before she pulled the original video on a music show that showed in my region at the time. I recorded it on VHS back then and used to watch it over and over all the time (wayyyy before youtube existed, esp since I didn't get on it until 2007) I might have the VHS tape between the hundreds of VHS tapes in my old room back home, but I don't go our house anymore if u know what I mean. aretha1

There are no additional scenes in that version, actually they CUT some explicit scenes out, the only thing u haven't seen is basically a 3-4 second Saddam Hussein scene throwing the lighter at Bush. aretha1

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not even Michael!     Just the fact that she made this video with this concept and having it done the EPIC way that she did, just that alone, shows how much she has a bigger dick t

Amazing video, but the fact that she replaced it invalidates the ballsy move  

The song is absolute garbage. Perhaps she made this extremely distasteful video so it could distract people from the song.    Thinking about all the veterans with PTSD this triggered and all

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.