H.O.N.E.Y

H.O.N.E.Y SPEAKS: Why is Beyonce Praised Always?

22 minutes ago, Nocturn said:

I get what you mean.

But there will always be exceptions when it comes to music. The example above can't be applied to all artists. There are many artists less popular than some current pop stars and some people don't know they exist, like Bjork and Kate Bush. They are out there, but they don't make commercial music and that's why they aren't so famous like some other icons. That doesn't mean they can't be one of the best artists of all time. lj1

They'll be in a similar situation that Cher is in. Icons or Legends of the past, but never on the levels of the greats like MJ and Madonna. aretha1

They wont be the first names recalled when someone asks who's the greatest... or who's the most influential.... due to them never being the BEST during the time that they were out cos they settled for what they had and didn't look for more acknowledgement. The BEST performers during the time of Bjork were Madonna and MJ among others.  aretha1

@Gabe. can u please explain to me how the fuck I got 3 downvotes on the OP from Bey supporters?

bey_downvote.png

Are the Hive really a bunch of illiterates that don't even know the difference between praise and shade? awk1

Can't wait for my SHADE Bey thread coming soon. lj1

9 minutes ago, Onika said:

Basically it was a rhetorical question, I know exactly what they are. eve1

But I really wanted @Gabe. to speak on it since he's always offended when people drag his fav, and my thread was like a BLESSING for their ungrateful fanbase that actually shat all over this praise thread. aura1

6 minutes ago, H.O.N.E.Y said:

Basically it was a rhetorical question, I know exactly what they are. eve1

But I really wanted @Gabe. to speak on it since he's always offended when people drag his fav, and my thread was like a BLESSING for their ungrateful fanbase that actually shat all over this praise thread. aura1

Lol I know, I just felt it an appropriate link to share eve1 

6 hours ago, H.O.N.E.Y said:

They'll be in a similar situation that Cher is in. Icons or Legends of the past, but never on the levels of the greats like MJ and Madonna. aretha1

They wont be the first names recalled when someone asks who's the greatest... or who's the most influential.... due to them never being the BEST during the time that they were out cos they settled for what they had and didn't look for more acknowledgement. The BEST performers during the time of Bjork were Madonna and MJ among others.  aretha1

Some artists don't want to be MJ or Madonna. Some of them are in a league of their own. Also, comparing Kate Bush to Madonna won't  make sense, because they make different music. Also one makes more commercial music, the other doesn't. That is very important. Being well known doesn't mean being better or well accepted.

People always tend to choose artists who make commercial or more accessible  music as the best. That is a fact. That doesn't mean that Kate Bush, Bjork or someone else settled fot what they had. Looking for acknowledgment doesn't have to be constant performing and self promotion. If an artist delivers great album praised by critics, then he/she is acknowledged.

There are artists interested in making music, with any touring and scandals. Kate Bush is reclusive. She doesn't appear on red carpets and whatever. Just because she chose that lifestyle doesn't mean she is lazy or less important. She is working and her works get always recognition. She does all by herself most importantly. lj1

She toured in 1979 and her tour has many interesting elements that were used by other artists later. She was the first artist with a head mic. In 2014, she did a new show which was praised by critics.

Although she did get praise all these years, that doesn't mean she is in Madonna's shadow. Kate is better than her with her skills as a musician, but again they are different. Madonna is the most iconic pop star known by many. The masses would choose Madonna, because the masses usually prefer more commercial music. That doesn't mean Kate doesn't care or is less important.

Artist like Bjork, no matter how much she tries, she will always be in the same place. She can't be popular like Madonna, because she makes different, experimental and bizarre music. You can't ignore different styles, genres, accessibility...

The only correct way to rank all those artists and do some justice would be thorough genres and sex. Because critics always underrate  women and pop music. lj1

i thought the praise was v cute, that's all i gotta say. jj3 of course everything is open to interpretation. perhaps my fellow Beyonce stans didn't feel like you were praising the best performer of our generation and felt like you were throwing some cheap attempts at shade. 

oh well. xtina5 

the essays in this thread are mad crazy. rip3 

i must say some of you have bigger things to worry about such as your own faves. the way yall focusing on Beyonce instead is as worrying as it is nice. :D keep it up.

43 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

the essays in this thread are mad crazy. rip3 

i must say some of you have bigger things to worry about such as your own faves. the way yall focusing on Beyonce instead is as worrying as it is nice. :D keep it up.

This is what shade is. My thread wasn't shade. But I guess your post is also up for interpretation. ellie1

I'm not focusing on Bey sis, let's not. You know how things were in ALD back then, compare it to now with just one thread so far. Also a praise thread at that. xtina15

The thing is people that wrote essays like @Didymus @Nocturn @light741 or me, were people that like thinking about topics and expressing our arguments with some thought behind it instead of writing just cheap one liners full of weak shade and a baseless opinion. Anyone can easily skip our occasional essays if you're THAT challenged in the reading department. hottie1

But thx 4 answering my question, appreciate it, sis. rav2

i just fail to see the point of it all right now (the 5000 words essays), we're all grown up men..... i personally lack the energy to get involved in BGs/draggings other than the occasional- once in a blue moon- shade. orangu1 

the hive here is peaceful for the most part, we don't and won't pay attention to the negativity because Bey is simply giving us so much. no need to be distracted. why would we?

20 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

i just fail to see the point of it all right now (the 5000 words essays), we're all grown up men..... i personally lack the energy to get involved in BGs/draggings other than the occasional- once in a blue moon- shade. orangu1 

Well, what exactly is the point of your posts here? moo6

You can't use the grown up men card and then casually admit you prefer weak shade over actual discussions.. um2

44 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

the hive here is peaceful for the most part, we don't and won't pay attention to the negativity because Bey is simply giving us so much. no need to be distracted. why would we?

Listen, sis, you could say the same thing u said without the arrogance. "Bey is simply giving us so much. no need to be distracted. why would we?" is an unwarranted jab at me and the others mentioned. It's also untrue, because clearly u can see this thread (and the other thread that's actually negative about Bey and made by @Sheezus) are full of Bey stans, if they "don't need to be distracted" then why are they posting there exactly? ellie1

Also, whenever u see me posting an essay, which is not everyday, I'm not dragging, I'm stating facts or deep thoughts. I personally don't come to BG's to attack people, just to express certain things. xtina15

16 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Well, what exactly is the point of your posts here? moo6

You can't use the grown up men card and then casually admit you prefer weak shade over actual discussions.. um2

i'm not THAT invested gorl.

1 minute ago, H.O.N.E.Y said:

I actually can respect that. Just plz don't act like all other Bey stans on here are "not that invested", that's all. rav2

i didn't read all this thread but i can tell you they're not.  rav2  or at least not as invested as the aTRL ones and so on. we have a peaceful section where we discuss all things Bey. the rest is background noise.

10 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

i didn't read all this thread but i can tell you they're not.  rav2  or at least not as invested as the aTRL ones and so on. we have a peaceful section where we discuss all things Bey. the rest is background noise.

Well maybe in comparison to other forums, but in comparison to stans of other FOTP favs, they're among the ones that do care. That's why these 2 Bey threads have been going on for days. rav2

I really wish ALL OF US can be able to express how we feel without trolling constantly and without DEMONIZING each other for posting opinions. I wish for World FOTP Peace. rav2

1 minute ago, H.O.N.E.Y said:

Well maybe in comparison to other forums, but in comparison to stans of other FOTP favs, they're among the ones that do care. That's why these 2 Bey threads have been going on for days. rav2

definitely NOT sis, you clearly need to experience some more time here, when any of the faves debutes and goes through an era their stanbases go RABID. by comparison, the Hive here is serene as fuck. orangu1 

6 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

definitely NOT sis, you clearly need to experience some more time here, when any of the faves debutes and goes through an era their stanbases go RABID. by comparison, the Hive here is serene as fuck. orangu1 

Except Bey isn't debuting anything new and u can see how they reacted to the threads. rav2

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why is Beyonce Always Praised?       To answer a question of one of H.ON.E.Y Speaks' many viewers.     To be frank, like keeping it 100? You know like no bullshit.

Yes, she has performance chops, my issue with her lies in her fake as fuck persona. Like yes, all pop girls have a "persona", but she's manipulative with it in ways that go above and beyond most of he

Because what she's been doing for the last decade can't be compared to her peers. She's legit in the league with Michael Jackson, and I don't even like her that much, but you can't deny it. But oh wel

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.