Iman

2013 VMAs last biggest, why?

How come the VMAs since 2013 have been going down in viewership? Who is to blame? The 2912 VMAs had more than 3 million less viewers than 2013's also.

2012 - 6.1 
2013 - 10.1
2014 - 8.3
2015 - 5.3 
2016 - down from 2015's

What went wrong?

the hosts/MCs or whatever they are, were SHIT this year ew1

everyone was so overtop and yelling about tweets it was a complete mess.

grown men trying to appeal to our generation are SO cringe-worthy.

VMAs along with MTV has lost its touch with music last night was a horrible mess it felt like a big Black Lives Matter charity concert was messy the only good part was Bey she came out and snatched the rest was lack luster and boring. 

13 minutes ago, Lachlan said:

I mean it can't be a coincidence that the last time it had high ratings was when Gaga performed, can it? wendy1

Personally my brain first flashed to Miley and Robin's performance, but that works too. wendy1

4 hours ago, BJORK said:

the hosts/MCs or whatever they are, were SHIT this year ew1

everyone was so overtop and yelling about tweets it was a complete mess.

grown men trying to appeal to our generation are SO cringe-worthy.

Nobody really seems to realize that the hosts are a famous comedy duo who were putting on a show and being intentionally cringey and over-the-top to appeal to some sense of irony. The problem was that there was no humor in it. I'm guessing they got some sort of directive from the higher-ups at MTV when they took the gig to be self-referential and meta about "youth culture" or whatever. Making funny meta jokes in a one-shot three hour timeslot is not really possible, so they probably did the best with what they were given.

1 hour ago, 1814 said:

How come the VMAs since 2013 have been going down in viewership? Who is to blame? The 2912 VMAs had more than 3 million less viewers than 2013's also.

2012 - 6.1 
2013 - 10.1
2014 - 8.3
2015 - 5.3 
2016 - down from 2015's

What went wrong?

You can see the future girl? Workrih1

Because the hosts suck, get the girls from Broadcity to do something.

Also lbr the musicians that play there are less diverse genre wise. It's ALL pop. Get some rock and other genres to perform/older artists and then maybe the viewership will increase.

ALSO - No one watches tv anymore, everyone KNOWS they can watch the performances, awards later in shorter videos in their own time.

Generally I think the VMAs are still big, there's just no official stats for it because it's all internet based.

What went wrong? Everything went wrong, besides Beyonce and Rihanna. The hosts were a fucking joke and so were most of the performers/performances. They turned into a parody of themselves about 2-3 years ago. at this point nothing is going to save them. The Billboard Awards are going to replace the VMAs honestly. and considering it's a far superior show, I can't wait.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I mean it can't be a coincidence that the last time it had high ratings was when Gaga performed, can it?

the hosts/MCs or whatever they are, were SHIT this year everyone was so overtop and yelling about tweets it was a complete mess. grown men trying to appeal to our generation are SO cringe-wo

no gaga, no ratings

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.