Alejandreaux

Better performance? 2016 VMAs vs 2013 Superbowl

which was better?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. rih1

• BeyMA's
    • Beyonce concert that football players attended for some reason

seeing as these will most likely be the two performances that the greatest entertainer of our time will be remembered for, i thought i'd go ahead and ask the girls which one they thought was better overall sha1

with all things considered (visuals, choreography, vocals, impact, the music itself, etc) which one of these two ICONIC, LEGENDARY performances do you think represents Bey's talent and legacy more effectively? sha1

for me, i think in terms of covering her entire legacy and presence in music over the last 2 decades, the superbowl certainly did a better job of showcasing her essence to 100 million people cry9

but the VMA's was definitely my personal favorite. in my 10+ years of pop music stanning ive literally NEVER been snatched as hard as i was on August 28, 2016 when Bey poured boiling hot lemonadTe all over my helpless scalp alex1

4 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

VMA performance from this year slayed many lives cry9 

It's the only answer 

i knowww ugh, it seriously elevated her to Michael status as a performer cry9

he will always be the king of performing, but at this point, Beyonce has solidified herself as the all time QUEEN alex1

I love both, don't get me wrong but.... I just feel like the Super Bowl performance had a lot of impact and it was so great.

giveup1 

But then again, I'm obsessed with the VMA performance.

Edited by Maraj
10 minutes ago, Infrared said:

VMA was so much more cohesive and was basically a broadway musical. Other one was hits strapped together in generic superbowl format. 

i agree. it will definitely go down as one of the most elaborate, well-crafted performances in pop music history cry9

I'm glad the superior performance is winning bey1

I enjoyed the Superbowl performance, but it did feel like she was actively trying to pull off something grand while on the VMA's it was just her owning everything and everyone without there being this palpable "attempt" behind it or something brit3 It didn't feel strategized or designed despite the actual detailed choreo etc. so that amazes me and that's why it's superior to me because all great art (to me) has this air of being both incredibly well constructed ànd at the same time feeling like it's flying free lj1 And Bey delivered exactly that imready1

Ok so i think in terms of impact the superbowl has to take it. Lets not forget that she had actually been out of the GP eye for 2 years and off the back of this one performance she launched one of the most successful female tours of all time without an album to go with it (or even a single). 

I think in terms of iconic imagery her first vmas set was more impressive

Image result for beyonce feminist

but in terms of actual slayage and performance ability lemonade was just incredible

2016 MTV Video Music Awards animated GIF

11 minutes ago, Perfect Illusion said:

VMAs 2013 > VMAs 2016 > Supper Bowl sass1 

this is really true shock1 

40 minutes ago, ICONICK said:

Ok so i think in terms of impact the superbowl has to take it. Lets not forget that she had actually been out of the GP eye for 2 years and off the back of this one performance she launched one of the most successful female tours of all time without an album to go with it (or even a single). 

I think in terms of iconic imagery her first vmas set was more impressive

Image result for beyonce feminist

but in terms of actual slayage and performance ability lemonade was just incredible

2016 MTV Video Music Awards animated GIF

this is also very true shock1shock1