Gilly

Perfect Illusion is a grower

I must admit that at first, I wasn't too happy with the song. It's definitely hard to digest because it's very loud and hectic (BTW album tease). However, I've had it on repeat since it premiered and it has grown on me TREMENDOUSLY oprah2

I was so sad when it came out cause I was kinda disappointed but now I can't get it out of my head. The opening is is so good and that BRIDGE with the backing vocals brit2 I also feel like the LIVE PERFORMANCES and MUSIC VIDEO will take this song to the next level brit2 

It's so different for her but still so catchy and an earworm mess1 

Also, this is Gaga today in the UK brit2 

Cr49AV2UIAAXPvR.jpg

now THIS is what im here for. More simple fashion but still a bit provocative and GaGa  brit2 She's looking so good. brit2 

I don't think that Perfect Illusion will do much on the charts but it doesn't matter because it's a great song and I'm sure the album will be just as great brit2 

I agree. Still just slightly underwhelmed though, but I'm also kinda slayed at the same time. The only real big issues I have with it are the vocals (dope/koons vocals) and the length. If it was londer and had a more proper chorus and a more defined bridge it'd be even better.

Lik ei said in the "first impressions Thread!" i will repeat it here

i agree with you

first listen was wat1wat2

the birdge is the best part of the song BrasileirinhasaGretchen.gif

overall im happy the song is under 3 mins long cos its very hectic and loud

the ontro is too loud for me and too much

bridge saves the song for me also the chorus is pretty damn catchy BrasileirinhasaGretchen.gif

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I agree. Still just slightly underwhelmed though, but I'm also kinda slayed at the same time. The only real big issues I have with it are the vocals (dope/koons vocals) and the length. If it was londer and had a more proper chorus and a more defined bridge it'd be even better.

yeah, i wish that the bridge vocals were louder because that is my favorite part of the song (like most of gagas songs - the bridge is the best part oprah1

the vocals are a bit too much at times but i feel like they fit with the song. Like, the song wouldnt sound good if she sung it lower or in her 'baby" voice. I just think the vocals are a bit too much after the key change at 1:50 - end. But it keeps growing on me yas1 

It sure is. I don't mind the vocals at all, they're raspy but not koons and fit the style, I like the production and the overall sound but I still can't get over how simple and repetitive the hook is. 

18 minutes ago, Gilly said:

yeah, i wish that the bridge vocals were louder because that is my favorite part of the song (like most of gagas songs - the bridge is the best part oprah1

the vocals are a bit too much at times but i feel like they fit with the song. Like, the song wouldnt sound good if she sung it lower or in her 'baby" voice. I just think the vocals are a bit too much after the key change at 1:50 - end. But it keeps growing on me yas1 

Yeah I agree, I actually don't mind her deeper voice. She even used it some during TF days, especially during acoustic performances. It's just that ever since Dope it's changed and has an "operatic" (?) tone. The accent is just very off putting imo, but whatever dead7 

I literally cried when I heard the chorus for the first time. Not because it was that good, but because I wasn't expecting the theme to connect with me lyrically. Like, i literally slept through all the descriptions she gave about it.

But I just had something with a guy who said he loved me and eveything and in the end it turned out he was lying or at least, its wasn't love.

The moment Gaga screamd It Wasn't Love I literally went brit2brit2brit2brit2

The song is perfect because it is perfect. There was a time where I felt like unstanning her (the puke performance fyi), but this shows that she is actually an amazing artist.

bye now, gonna cry some more.