Vesper

No one knows Britney has a new album...

So classes started back up and I was at a reunion get together with my classmates after the summer ended, and of course, being a Britney Stan, I asked everyone if they've heard Britney's new album. The responses:

"omg she's still making music?" clap1 

"oh I didn't know she had a new album out" brit2 

"oh I didn't listen to it yet but I heard make me." brit12 

"no I didn't listen to it, but have you heard frank ocean's album?" brit5 

"oh I only know about albums that are on mainstream media..." rip2

like....Everyone I talked to knew frank ocean had an album out. Everyone knew about Beyonces Lemonade. Everyone knew about Rihanna's Anti. But no one knew about Glory. brit2 

I know Britney is over already, but I'm wondering how she can get back into the news. She needs more exposure to the GP and better advertising, because my friends are not the kind of people to check for albums on their own, they only know of stuff they see on social media and word of mouth. So how come Britney's album has been so unnoticed? cry4 

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I know Britney is over already, but I'm wondering how she can get back into the news. She needs more exposure to the GP and better advertising, because my friends are not the kind of people to check for albums on their own, they only know of stuff they see on social media and word of mouth. So how come Britney's album has been so unnoticed? cry4 

Well I haven't even heard Make Me on the radio...

28 minutes ago, Infrared said:

because she released the album mere weeks after the first single that flopped for filth. and her big VMA comeback was overshadowed unfortunately, but she put minimal effort into the performance anyways jj3 

exactlty 

29 minutes ago, Cady Heron said:

Your class, which very well could be full of delinquents in a lower-level set, is not a representation of every teenager, every City, every country etc. 

My class is the graduating class of Harvard Graduate School of Design. xtina2 

But you're right, anecdotal evidence isn't representative of everyone across the country, I think the point was that none of my peers knew about the album but they all knew about Beyoncé Rihanna and Frank Ocean's albums. Why? brit2 

Just now, Vesper said:

My class is the graduating class of Harvard Graduate School of Design. xtina2 

Then a lot of them will be socially awkward and probably won't know anything about pop culture. They probably barked at other children in the playground in high school and hung around with teachers at breaks. ny1

At least you have taste though and aren't like the rest! brit1

Just now, Cady Heron said:

Then a lot of them will be socially awkward and probably won't know anything about pop culture. They probably barked at other children in the playground in high school and hung around with teachers at breaks. ny1

At least you have taste though and aren't like the rest! brit1

fall1 We're designers and architects, not bookworms. lol2 people are very into pop culture but they don't know about Britney which gets me upset. brit2 

30 minutes ago, Infrared said:

because she released the album mere weeks after the first single that flopped for filth. and her big VMA comeback was overshadowed unfortunately, but she put minimal effort into the performance anyways jj3 

I think you're right unfortunately... brit2 but lbr Frank Ocean's album did amazingly well and he didn't have any sort of promotion. Everyone knew about his album though, how did the GP get wind of his album dropping like that?? brit2 

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

I think you're right unfortunately... brit2 but lbr Frank Ocean's album did amazingly well and he didn't have any sort of promotion. Everyone knew about his album though, how did the GP get wind of his album dropping like that?? brit2 

Frank hasn't released an album since 2012(which was a good album btw), more than 4 false release dates, and then suddenly drops two albums with a pop up magazine. 

Just now, Infrared said:

Frank hasn't released an album since 2012, more than 4 false release dates, and then suddenly drops two albums with a pop up magazine. 

I didn't know that shock1 well I guess the traditional album roll out doesn't work so well anymore, looking at how successful surprise releases are.