Madonna

#LadyGagaIsOverParty, Part 2: MAIN SHOW

9 hours ago, Mark said:

All stanbases do this rip2 This is a pop forum, not a commitee of musical analysts rip2 Of course people are gonna want to defend their favorite artists. That's human nature. If you want to spend time looking down on Gaga fans because they're celebrating that their fave didn't flop as hard as everyone thought she would, then go! No one's stopping you. nat2 

Oh please. Not constantly contradicting yourself is not something only reserved for musical analysts can we get some common sense here that's all I'm asking ari1 Defending an artist shouldn't mean you lose touch with reality. I'm not looking down on people, I'm just criticizing a specific trend. So maybe just respond to my arguments instead of pulling this "you're wasting your time" card, I can easily throw that back at you.

Oh please. Not constantly contradicting yourself is not something only reserved for musical analysts can we get some common sense here that's all I'm asking ari1 Defending an artist shouldn't mean you lose touch with reality. I'm not looking down on people, I'm just criticizing a specific trend. So maybe just respond to my arguments instead of pulling this "you're wasting your time" card, I can easily throw that back at you.

Common sense is a foreign word for our dear monsters! Trust me, I tried to talk sense into them many many times. It doesn't work. The only way to go is to give them a taste of their own medicine.

Posted from my iPhone using the FOTP app
I've never seen a self professed Gaga fan bash her so much. It's truly perplexing. Perhaps, fan by convenience, is a more appropriate title.

I've never seen a fanbase more oppressive towards it's own members than monsters.
Sadly, you seem to be no exception. I'm waiting for the day more of her fans wake up and realize what others including me have realized about her.

13 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

I've never seen a self professed Gaga fan bash her so much. It's truly perplexing. Perhaps, fan by convenience, is a more appropriate title.

this is like the most perfect description ive seen so far rip3 

On 1.11.2016 at 4:45 AM, Infrared said:

1) What if's are cute on your paper, but that's not how the music industry or any industry works. They don't measure what if's. They report the facts of what actually is released this year. That's actually just incredibly stupid and dangerous because it discards the entirety of music industry and is as dumb as arguments saying The Fame would've sold 30,000,000 if it was released in 1990 or whichever year you use. Billboard doesn't report at the end of the year that if X singer released then this would be the chart because that's just unrealistic and idiotic. It's like when Katy's label though Teenage Dream was going to debut with 500k and it debuted with 192k. The music industry can change at anytime. Don't rely on past sales as a base. Based on previous arguments, Gaga was in fact supposed to decline, but she exceeded expectations. There's no accurate way to say those artists would've done better - and most of them are unrelated to Gaga's field of practice. She would still be 3 or 4. 

I'm not neglecting how the music industry works, what are you jabbering about? I'm saying that within the context of the releases thus far in 2016, Gaga's position is not impressive or brag-worthy, there's nothing commendable about being in tight company with people whom you used to triple their debut sales, it doesn't matter whether she's #2 or #56 to me, I look at the context of her career and comment accordingly. For instance, if a certain film grossed a billion dollars and the sequels respectively grossed $500m & $400m, do you think the general reaction would focus more on the films being commercial successes regardless or would the general attention shift towards analyzing the massive box office drop? I believe you know the answer. rav1

3) Ariana is in her peak and came off her biggest era yet. I'm not sure why you're trying to depict her as some indie artist when she was the IT Girl of 2014 behind Iggy and Meghan. Her streaming numbers are massive and still couldn't hold up.

But this kind of comparison was completely taken for granted by the LMs back when Gaga would outsell Ariana by a large amount of numbers, now that she's only slightly outselling her instead of viewing that as a downgrade you view it as an accomplishment. Why? Ariana at her peak in 2014 debuted with 160.000 while ARTPOP debuted with 258.000, and you called it a flop in this thread. So why did you suddenly adjust your standards and convinced yourself that outselling Ariana by less than 30k (versus ARTPOP being ahead of My Everything with nearly 100k) is such a great feat now? 

Miley? her trash music ain't selling anymore - don't even try to sell that dead2 

Miley released her last album online for free, smartass. Bangerz outsold ARTPOP first week so I figured out it would be logical to bring her up because she can obviously sell a product in the context of an album.

and you realize she's pulling the same numbers as BRUNO. Who is arguably bigger than her in every department. Just no.

Bruno's album is released in 15 days, I don't know where you got that from, anyway, Bruno's best opening week sales are 192,000 in 2012, so if his new album outsells Joanne it would not be a good look for Gaga.

4) You realize Lemonade and ANTI are attached to exclusives and deals which Gaga is against. I linked you to the Billboard article about how these albums are specifically marketed with the intention of ballooning sales. 

I've read the link and it clearly concludes that exclusive deals are good (short term) marketing tool for Tidal, not the artists. lol. Have you read it? it states that artists such as Rih/Bey/Kanye are powerful enough to attract new customers to the streaming service but ultimately it's an obvious disadvantage for them. Gaga was against an exclusive deal with Apple Music which makes her more accessible through a wider range of streaming services and that makes it an advantage for her. rip4

so we're talking about Gaga's past year?

Didn't Rihanna have

I don't understand what fuck does Rihanna have to do with this? how is this a parallel to the point I've made? you implied that Gaga came from nothing this era and I objected to that statement by stating that Gaga's 2 years campaigne of re-building her brand should have or even must have had some sort of an effect that would be mirrored in her next release. Anti sold 1.4m WW (2.1m if you count streaming) despite giving away 1 million copies for free, which were not counted as sales. Gaga always outsold Rihanna's debut sales, the real test is whether she's capable of outselling her total sales in the end.

Did she not drop an hour long movie through fucking HBO and then released the album 15 minutes before it ended? No

Yes, Beyonce 'dropped' Formation but only on Tidal, it did not impact iTunes until May. And quite frankly I find it shocking that you think Beyonce took the safe road, because I think it is far riskier to surprise drop a new film of yours on HBO and then expect people to grasp an hour long product with no guarantee of good ratings, I think what Gaga did in theory is totally more accessible and effective : airing your new video after Scream Queens, doing SNL, Carpool Karaoke, having an actual videon on YouTube before the album release, being available on the two biggest streaming service in the world etc. I think what Beyonce did is an absolute power move and if it were Gaga who had done it you would be praising her left and right for not caring about the charts.

and let's talk about streaming

1) Gaga's career peaked before streaming and this her truly her first album in the streaming era. Bad Romance was the literal start of the Youtube build. Uneven gaps in her career made her miss a majority of the streaming rise - that's just a variable that works against her.  

That's your excuse? that she peaked too soon? then you might as well have stated that in the beginning of your post and I would have agreed with you. What you call 'uneven gaps' I call a massive decline in popularity that has yet to be repaired efficiently, Gaga shouldn't have had any trouble transitioning to the streaming era, Katy had no problem (Teenage Dream has over a billion streams on Spotify alone), Rihanna had no problem, Bey certainly had no problem... so why is Gaga only the #86 most streamed artist today despite having a new album out while Rihanna who's last album was released nearly a year ago is at #9? Again : where did the 2.5m people who bought Born This Way first week go? if she's a "pure sales artist!!" then even the sales gap from 2011 ~ 2016 wouldn't explain that massive fail.

2013 ARTPOP 258k 
2014 ARTPOP 229k (subtracted by 11.2%, rate of aggregate album sales decline in that year) 
2015 ARTPOP 215k (subtracted by 6.1%, rate of aggregate album sales decline in that year)
2016 ARTPOP 185k (subtracted by 13.6%, rate of aggregate album sales decline this year [based on Q1/2])

vs. 170K + 30K TEA & SEA Joanne 

so do some math for once and don't act dumb next time please. 

You don't compare the already adjusted figure of Joanne to ARTPOP's subtracted figure. Did you really think I'd fall for that smh

If you want to do that then compare the pure sales figures of each albums because TEA & SEA were already supposed to cover up for the sales gap and just because Gaga's a flop streaming artist that shouldn't make it convenient for you to act like TEA & SEA did not serve their purpose, the pure sales comparison is 170.000 VS. 185.000 which proves my point - she's still at the same place she was with ARTPOP which you deemed a flop. 

According to the same method Beyonce (the album) debuted with less than 500k while Lemonade did 650k+ first week, but weren't you the one who told me it's important to note how Beyonce's sales declined? shock2 welp, your own logic argues against you : Beyonce is actually more successful now. shock1

2 hours ago, Jjang said:

I'm not neglecting how the music industry works, what are you jabbering about? I'm saying that within the context of the releases thus far in 2016, Gaga's position is not impressive or brag-worthy, there's nothing commendable about being in tight company with people whom you used to triple their debut sales, it doesn't matter whether she's #2 or #56 to me, I look at the context of her career and comment accordingly. For instance, if a certain film grossed a billion dollars and the sequels respectively grossed $500m & $400m, do you think the general reaction would focus more on the films being commercial successes regardless or would the general attention shift towards analyzing the massive box office drop? I believe you know the answer. rav1

But this kind of comparison was completely taken for granted by the LMs back when Gaga would outsell Ariana by a large amount of numbers, now that she's only slightly outselling her instead of viewing that as a downgrade you view it as an accomplishment. Why? Ariana at her peak in 2014 debuted with 160.000 while ARTPOP debuted with 258.000, and you called it a flop in this thread. So why did you suddenly adjust your standards and convinced yourself that outselling Ariana by less than 30k (versus ARTPOP being ahead of My Everything with nearly 100k) is such a great feat now? 

Miley released her last album online for free, smartass. Bangerz outsold ARTPOP first week so I figured out it would be logical to bring her up because she can obviously sell a product in the context of an album.

Bruno's album is released in 15 days, I don't know where you got that from, anyway, Bruno's best opening week sales are 192,000 in 2012, so if his new album outsells Joanne it would not be a good look for Gaga.

I've read the link and it clearly concludes that exclusive deals are good (short term) marketing tool for Tidal, not the artists. lol. Have you read it? it states that artists such as Rih/Bey/Kanye are powerful enough to attract new customers to the streaming service but ultimately it's an obvious disadvantage for them. Gaga was against an exclusive deal with Apple Music which makes her more accessible through a wider range of streaming services and that makes it an advantage for her. rip4

I don't understand what fuck does Rihanna have to do with this? how is this a parallel to the point I've made? you implied that Gaga came from nothing this era and I objected to that statement by stating that Gaga's 2 years campaigne of re-building her brand should have or even must have had some sort of an effect that would be mirrored in her next release. Anti sold 1.4m WW (2.1m if you count streaming) despite giving away 1 million copies for free, which were not counted as sales. Gaga always outsold Rihanna's debut sales, the real test is whether she's capable of outselling her total sales in the end.

Yes, Beyonce 'dropped' Formation but only on Tidal, it did not impact iTunes until May. And quite frankly I find it shocking that you think Beyonce took the safe road, because I think it is far riskier to surprise drop a new film of yours on HBO and then expect people to grasp an hour long product with no guarantee of good ratings, I think what Gaga did in theory is totally more accessible and effective : airing your new video after Scream Queens, doing SNL, Carpool Karaoke, having an actual videon on YouTube before the album release, being available on the two biggest streaming service in the world etc. I think what Beyonce did is an absolute power move and if it were Gaga who had done it you would be praising her left and right for not caring about the charts.

That's your excuse? that she peaked too soon? then you might as well have stated that in the beginning of your post and I would have agreed with you. What you call 'uneven gaps' I call a massive decline in popularity that has yet to be repaired efficiently, Gaga shouldn't have had any trouble transitioning to the streaming era, Katy had no problem (Teenage Dream has over a billion streams on Spotify alone), Rihanna had no problem, Bey certainly had no problem... so why is Gaga only the #86 most streamed artist today despite having a new album out while Rihanna who's last album was released nearly a year ago is at #9? Again : where did the 2.5m people who bought Born This Way first week go? if she's a "pure sales artist!!" then even the sales gap from 2011 ~ 2016 wouldn't explain that massive fail.

You don't compare the already adjusted figure of Joanne to ARTPOP's subtracted figure. Did you really think I'd fall for that smh

If you want to do that then compare the pure sales figures of each albums because TEA & SEA were already supposed to cover up for the sales gap and just because Gaga's a flop streaming artist that shouldn't make it convenient for you to act like TEA & SEA did not serve their purpose, the pure sales comparison is 170.000 VS. 185.000 which proves my point - she's still at the same place she was with ARTPOP which you deemed a flop. 

According to the same method Beyonce (the album) debuted with less than 500k while Lemonade did 650k+ first week, but weren't you the one who told me it's important to note how Beyonce's sales declined? shock2 welp, your own logic argues against you : Beyonce is actually more successful now. shock1

Wow poor@Infrared! There's literally no hair left on ha scalp to be honest.

#1 album on BB200.

2nd biggest female debut in the US & WW

Longest female album to stay #1 atop iTunes WW (and rising)

Most talked about album

Only female album to have multiple songs go #1 on iTunes after 1989

Superbowl in 3-4 months

ny7

So much about future hit and the right single choice... eve1

Million Reasons

iTunes:
#16 Switzerland
#27 Canada
#31 United States
#31 Ireland
#35 New Zealand
#40 Indonesia
#48 Australia
#50 Thailand
#57 United Kingdom
#57 Austria
#61 Mexico
#64 Netherlands
#68 South Africa
#74 Norway
#80 Germany
#80 Italy
#83 Denmark
#92 Spain
#144 Turkey
#156 France
#156 India
#173 Belgium
#187 Brazil

Spotify:
#83 Norway
#101 Sweden
#125 Worldwide
#147 United States
#153 Brazil
#164 Canada
#192 United Kingdom

"People won't take me serious if I wear outrageous costumes"
"I wanna be a normal girl!"
"The crazy outfits weren't who I really was"

*album and singles flop*

"OH FUCK THAT NEVERMIND! Gonna dress crazy again!"

1d6195d831e40460f4be4c33c8f062d0.jpg
04273ffbf18d84f9fa8854cfa6e4bd9b.jpg

14 hours ago, Salvatore said:

So much about future hit and the right single choice... eve1

Million Reasons

iTunes:
#16 Switzerland
#27 Canada
#31 United States
#31 Ireland
#35 New Zealand
#40 Indonesia
#48 Australia
#50 Thailand
#57 United Kingdom
#57 Austria
#61 Mexico
#64 Netherlands
#68 South Africa
#74 Norway
#80 Germany
#80 Italy
#83 Denmark
#92 Spain
#144 Turkey
#156 France
#156 India
#173 Belgium
#187 Brazil

Spotify:
#83 Norway
#101 Sweden
#125 Worldwide
#147 United States
#153 Brazil
#164 Canada
#192 United Kingdom

what do you expect with no video? dead4

what do you expect with no video? dead4

Sis, there are a lot of songs charting way higher than that without videos. eve1

Mark my words: A video won't help it that much. The song is just not memorable/good. It was a very bad decision to make it the next single.

4 hours ago, Salvatore said:

"People won't take me serious if I wear outrageous costumes"
"I wanna be a normal girl!"
"The crazy outfits weren't who I really was"

*album and singles flop*

"OH FUCK THAT NEVERMIND! Gonna dress crazy again!"

1d6195d831e40460f4be4c33c8f062d0.jpg
04273ffbf18d84f9fa8854cfa6e4bd9b.jpg

dead0

she is dressed as a suffragette... it's the elections now and she wants a woman to win, you know.... it's not just an "outrageous costume"..... it's more of a fashion statement....

tumblr_n1vkw61Vh91ql5yr7o1_250.gif

On November 2, 2016 at 3:35 AM, Earth Ripper said:

How exactly are they contradicting themselves or losing touch with reality? And go ahead and throw the card at me!

On 11/5/2016 at 1:37 AM, Salvatore said:

Like I said, they keep bragging no matter what. They HAVE to have some sort of confirmation that their fave is successful. They can't accept/deal with a flop.

On 11/5/2016 at 0:34 AM, Urbanov said:

Post above made me cringebrit5 

Just won 2 EMAs making Gaga the most awarded female artist in EMA.

Surpassed Knee + Bey lost 5/5 of her nominations.

Sucks to be a Gaga hater. nat1

dead0

she is dressed as a suffragette... it's the elections now and she wants a woman to win, you know.... it's not just an "outrageous costume"..... it's more of a fashion statement....

tumblr_n1vkw61Vh91ql5yr7o1_250.gif

Oh yes. I see a lot of women wearing this on a daily. dead4 You completely missed my point. Congrats!

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

deleted  

I like the way you avoid paying royalties for using my name  see u in court anyways! xox

Where will gaga's lead single from her 13th album debut when she can't debut in top 10 with radio deal and full week of sales so early in her career? pop comeback they said public loves gaga again t

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.