RihannaRTT

Mary Berry quits Great British Bake Off

Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry

Mary Berry is to leave as a judge on The Great British Bake Off when it moves to Channel 4, but Paul Hollywood is to remain.
In a statement, Hollywood said he was "delighted" to be staying on the show. "It's been a huge part of my life in the past few years and I just couldn't turn my back on all that," he said.

Berry said she was staying with the BBC out of "loyalty", adding that the corporation had nurtured her and the show. 
She said Bake Off was "a unique and brilliant format from day one" and that she was "just sad for the audience who may not be ready for change". Last week Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins also announced they were leaving, saying they were not "going with the dough".

It was announced last week that The Great British Bake Off was moving from BBC One to Channel 4. The network has signed a three-year deal with Love Productions, which makes the programme. It is understood the corporation offered Love Productions £15m per year to keep the show on the BBC. But the company reportedly would not accept any offers below £25m.

Channel 4 will begin airing the programme in 2017, starting with a celebrity special in aid of Stand Up To Cancer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37437907

2 hours ago, Entea said:

Why is this show become so popular over the series'? dead2

I'm sure people have better things to do than watch other people bake dead2

I think I watched one episode coz it was on dead2 But I mean, it's because it's very home-friendly and just there, and obviously Mary. I suppose it blends humour in with mess too idek. but i know it was literally like the most popular show of last year. poor C4. paying £25m+ only for Mary to leave and leave them with a flop dead2 It's not like anyone gives a fuck about Paul Hollywood.