Gabe.

did YOU predict Gaga's downfall??

did YOU anticipate Gaga's downfall??  

39 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• YES. i knew she would FLOP even before i heard PI.
    • no. i'm just as surprised as everyone is!

1 hour ago, LG5 Pls Dont Flop said:

The worst part is that she used to say shit like 'I mastered the art of fame"..

Whether you love or hate her, you can at least agree that this woman was the first and the last to master the art of fame

madonna-blond-ambition-tour.jpg

It's time to dig in into Madonna's genius monsters oprah10 where Gaga went wrong, Madonna went right (and decades before ha)

7 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Whether you love or hate her, you can at least agree that this woman was the first and the last to master the art of fame

madonna-blond-ambition-tour.jpg

It's time to dig in into Madonna's genius monsters oprah10 where Gaga went wrong, Madonna went right (and decades before ha)

I don't like most of her music but I will study her career sometime rav3

But I still dont quite understand your stance on Gaga. Do you want her to keep flopping or succeed again? nat1

34 minutes ago, LG5 Pls Dont Flop said:

I don't like most of her music but I will study her career sometime rav3

But I still dont quite understand your stance on Gaga. Do you want her to keep flopping or succeed again? nat1

Study ha godly pre - 2010 career oprah10

My stance on Gaga is that her early career artistic recipe had the potential to propel the music industry forwards that is if she continued to progressively evolve past The Fame / The Fame Monster. Meaning I think The Fame album is a genius introduction (and her best album really) but instead of letting it become a base of her future ensembles she just lapsed into self parody. I despise her now because she gave me false hope that we're witnessing an important pop career and basically threw everything that made her interesting out of the window aretha1 I keep holding her to the standard I expect her to meet and I keep getting disappointed over and over again. tay2

Her creativity / act slit its wrist with Born This Way and has been painfully bleeding ever since, but she still manages to squeeze in a few brilliant moments here and there, but that's not enough kesha4 knowing she stans for the greatest musical acts of all time, she should know that whatever she's doing is subpar from any angle. xtina15

I mean, we're supposed to praise PI for not being basic and conformist when she made masterpieces like this in the past? If anything this makes PI sound contrived, reductive (look up what that word means please) and tastelessly feigned.

Talk about an intelligent merge of genres.

54 minutes ago, Venus XCX said:

How sad that you only stanned her for success. How does it feel wasting your time stanning someone you hardly understood if you think she'd work with Max Martin and Dr Luke? You're embarrassing.

tumblr_o9tbgmWGZ91u34xdmo7_500.gif  

I know she'd never work with Max Martin bc she has a big ego and wants to set herself apart from the rest of the pop girls. But she should, because pop music is what she does best and Max Martin is a pop god. 

And I only said Dr. Luke to highlight the gravity of her situation. I'd unstan if she worked with him. eve1

I had a feeling she wouldn't be as big as she was before the Artpop mess and the whole Cheek to Cheek era. I expected her to do decently? But not this badly.

We are just judging from one single to be fair but it doesn't look promising brit8 

6 hours ago, Jjang said:
But you based your entire argument over the sentiment that we're not permitted to judge Gaga's career direction just yet because Bey recovered from her slip - which has nothing to do with the time frame of their careers. Gaga already had her own slip (in other words her 4) but she ain't recovering the way Bey did. You asked if people attacked Beyonce for losing force with Run The World and the answer to that is yes they did, the same way they attacked Gaga during ARTPOP. The next step is where we're currently at and that would be Beyonce releasing Self Titled and receiving commercial & critical success in return and Gaga releasing Perfect Illusion and receiving mixed reviews and a major flop.

And 4 supposedly being her least trendy album is a straight up lie lol, Its' commercial positioning falls under the same category of her previous efforts - Its standard Beyonce. Run The World sounded more trendy in 2011 than Single Ladies did in 2009, the same way Best Thing I Never Had sounded safer in 2011 than Irrepleacable did in 2006. 

Why am i not surprised that you missed the entire point of my observation dead2 AGAIN dead2

My comparison was never about the progression of each one of their eras and how they stacked up against each other. I just focusing on the isolated eras THEMSELVES and their similarities. The only thing that i originally stated in my posts was that Beyonce was in an extremely similar situation when she was beginning her 4 era, and it couldve been really easy for people to label the era a "flop" at the time since the lead single peaked at #29 and it had no hits, etc etc. But it was too early to tell, and the haters were proven wrong in the months that followed, since the album went on to recieve acclaim and she had a Super Bowl performance under her belt to back it up. She had no hits at the time, yet she maintaned the level of respect from the GP and overall star power. My point was that Gaga could be on a similar route, since she is currently being considered heavily to headline most watched televised music event of the year (just like Beyonce was in the 4 era), and she would be performing there for the second year in a row.

And KI OF ALL FUCKING KIIS if you actually think Beyoncé's 4 era was gonna do well on radio in any way at that time lmfao1 did you really think that old school 70s R&B/Soul was gonna pop off at a time when Gaga, Rihanna, Katy, Kesha, Britney etc were dominating the charts with EDM/Dance pop? like, you cant be serious lmfao1 that in itself just proves that you would say anything to try and discredit Gaga, no matter how little sense it makes lmfao1

4 hours ago, Jjang said:

Study ha godly pre - 2010 career oprah10

My stance on Gaga is that her early career artistic recipe had the potential to propel the music industry forwards that is if she continued to progressively evolve past The Fame / The Fame Monster. Meaning I think The Fame album is a genius introduction (and her best album really) but instead of letting it become a base of her future ensembles she just lapsed into self parody. I despise her now because she gave me false hope that we're witnessing an important pop career and basically threw everything that made her interesting out of the window aretha1 I keep holding her to the standard I expect her to meet and I keep getting disappointed over and over again. tay2

Her creativity / act slit its wrist with Born This Way and has been painfully bleeding ever since, but she still manages to squeeze in a few brilliant moments here and there, but that's not enough kesha4 knowing she stans for the greatest musical acts of all time, she should know that whatever she's doing is subpar from any angle. xtina15

I mean, we're supposed to praise PI for not being basic and conformist when she made masterpieces like this in the past? If anything this makes PI sound contrived, reductive (look up what that word means please) and tastelessly feigned.

Talk about an intelligent merge of genres.

What we didn't know back then was that her creativity peaked during her debut era. It's unbelievable how many mistakes she's made since the start of "Born This Way"...everything just got poorer. The music, the videos, the costumes and looks, she just got stagnant so quick. She took a wrong turn into weird and campy and has stayed there since. She has a couple of bright spots here and there but everything she's done since 2011 has been miles and miles below the quality of The Fame/TFM. She still is a great songwriter and has a great ear for catchy hooks and melodies, but it seems her range as a songwriter and lyricist is kind of limited to a niche. In 2010 I thought Gaga would have one of the most brilliant pop careers of all time. Shocked to know now that clearly won't be the case. xtina11 

I knew she shot herself in the foot when she clapped back during Madonna's 'reductive' fiasco. One should never come for the top icon of LGBT community when one's career depends on the shoulder of LGBT community. Cher dissed Madonna a lot of times but M never responded because she knows there's no damage control once you lose the majority of LGBT's support. Call them old Madge fans fossils all you want but these fossils own those Gay clubs. You pissed them, they wont support your dance hit and without that, your pop career is over.

12 hours ago, Alejandreaux said:

Why am i not surprised that you missed the entire point of my observation dead2 AGAIN dead2

My comparison was never about the progression of each one of their eras and how they stacked up against each other. I just focusing on the isolated eras THEMSELVES and their similarities. The only thing that i originally stated in my posts was that Beyonce was in an extremely similar situation when she was beginning her 4 era, and it couldve been really easy for people to label the era a "flop" at the time since the lead single peaked at #29 and it had no hits, etc etc. But it was too early to tell, and the haters were proven wrong in the months that followed, since the album went on to recieve acclaim and she had a Super Bowl performance under her belt to back it up. She had no hits at the time, yet she maintaned the level of respect from the GP and overall star power. My point was that Gaga could be on a similar route, since she is currently being considered heavily to headline most watched televised music event of the year (just like Beyonce was in the 4 era), and she would be performing there for the second year in a row.

And KI OF ALL FUCKING KIIS if you actually think Beyoncé's 4 era was gonna do well on radio in any way at that time lmfao1 did you really think that old school 70s R&B/Soul was gonna pop off at a time when Gaga, Rihanna, Katy, Kesha, Britney etc were dominating the charts with EDM/Dance pop? like, you cant be serious lmfao1 that in itself just proves that you would say anything to try and discredit Gaga, no matter how little sense it makes lmfao1

I didn't miss your point, I criticized it due to its' lack of reasoning behind it. 

Focusing on the isolated eras doesn't make sense. I don't think its fair to just conveniently remove their entire career's dynamics and just act like it's a rational  comparison and then magically conclude that Gaga might be on a similar route when their careers' pacing couldn't be any more different to begin with. Beyonce wasn't at a critical stage in her career, she already had a catalogue of memorable hits that goes all the way back to 1998, RTW was perceived as her first trip from grace - the same could not be said about Perfect Illusion which is perceived as a consequence of Gaga's rapid downfaill ever since 2012. In other words, the GP was still checking up on Beyonce, but they weren't interested in the product, in contrast to Gaga : the GP doesn't care to even set their eyes on her unless she's being forced down their throats through the biggeset platforms on American Television. Major difference.

RTW was EDM/dance pop, BTINH was a pop ballad. They just had a classic Beyonce R&B spin on them which people expect from her. Why wouldn't the radio spin them? Drunk In Love is by far a riskier single choice, same goes for Formation. So if you're going to hand out a "risky" award for any Bey era then her last 2 efforts win easily.

19 hours ago, Gilly said:

i expected it because altho i like the song now, it sounds like a flop. if she wouldve came back with something more pop and catchy, it would have done better. im literally 0% surprised. i knew this song would flop after the payola. no way radio is gonna play PI eve1 like idk what she was thinking

I honestly think they chose the most basic song from the album and are saving a few gems like Dancing in Circles or A-YO. I think her label cares more about tour sales and album sales. They need to push the longevity of the album and I bet you there are better songs out there that will help with streaming and sales. 

19 hours ago, Gabe. said:

fair enough but Beyonce released 3 universally acclaimed albums -4 included- and used innovative release strategies that got people mad talking. Gaga is following the same as usual route. she won't EVER get as much buzz as Bey had, not even during 4 (arguably her least succesful era). 

also, compare this

to this 

orangu1 

4 is in another league as far as modern pop eras go, compared to Joanne. Beyonce DELIVERED and the album, quality wise, was a solid staple for what was yet to come. Joanne however looks like the ultimate career killer.

so an impromptu performance vs. a performance she literally ripped off with a song she ripped off and crafted for weeks. All that buzz for a #29 peak. Don't be dumb.

20 hours ago, Gabe. said:

to be honest a GOOD song would've definitely done better (top 10 maybe) as i feel like she's still present in the GP's mind, it's just that PI's shitiness was too much to handle for the masses.

this for sure. she is trying way to hard to serve something different but it's just not her thing, imo. 

I don't get why she suddenly is going for poprock/country and all that when she is the creator of bops like Just Dance, Poker Face, Bad Romance, etc. cry4 

she should've come out with a banger that actually BOPS and remains stuck in your head with a good cause, not because the belting annoys you.

I like Perfect Illusion, but it is very underwhelming for a lead single by a huge artist who had a 3 year break. jj3 

I kinda predicted her downfall during the Born This Way/ARTPOP eras due to some factors

Things that have damaged Gaga's career :

• The Madonna controversy and the Born This Way lowkey damaged her despite the #1 she had
  • The crazy stans and all those trolls who made the other fan bases such as Madonna fans,Britney fans and Katycats to hate her see : Angela Cheng and Perez Hilton
  • ARTPOP
  • Perfect Illusion

But she still earns a lot of money,got an acting career and she's gonna perform at the Superbowl next year, I don't think her career is dead at all so congrats to her

6UdhPia.gif

2 hours ago, Infrared said:

so an impromptu performance vs. a performance she literally ripped off with a song she ripped off and crafted for weeks. All that buzz for a #29 peak. Don't be dumb.

RTW would've easily peaked at #15 and likely above that if streaming was a factor back then. lj1 years from now RTW will remain the bigger song, Beyonce will drag it with her on her stadium tours and have 60K folks sing it on the top of their lungs. lj1 what will PI's fate be? lj1 don't be dumb.

45 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

RTW would've easily peaked at #15 and likely above that if streaming was a factor back then. lj1 years from now RTW will remain the bigger song, Beyonce will drag it with her on her stadium tours and have 60K folks sing it on the top of their lungs. lj1 what will PI's fate be? lj1 don't be dumb.

So I'm guessing Marry The Night, which also reached the same position in 2011 would have been top 15 or better rav1 

I never said PI would smash. I asked why you were comparing a random impromptu performance to a performance that was clearly crafted for weeks and performed on one of the biggest platforms at that time of year, hailed as her best performance yet, given with the an icon award, yet couldn't move any numbers.

I'm guessing Madonna dragging GMAYL & Living for Love on her tours means it's a smash.

Oh and PI is being performed in front of 100+ million at the Super Bowl regardless and then unto the Joanne Ball rav2 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As for the question, I knew the faux hype created earlier this year from the Super Bowl, her Oscar performance, her Golden Globe, etc. was not going to do anything for ha. It was all fake and calculat

not you coming for my weave when Formation, Sorry and Hold Up OUTPEAKED Perfect Delusion WITHOUT being released to Spotify.  

to be honest a GOOD song would've definitely done better (top 10 maybe) as i feel like she's still present in the GP's mind, it's just that PI's shitiness was too much to handle for the masses.

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.