Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Kevvy Metal Lover

Ke$ha unveils her "wild" Baby G watches

Earlier this week, pop star Ke$ha made an appearance in San Francisco in what looked like a mash-up of Evel Knievel, WWE pro-wrestler and "Jem and the Holograms" — but according to her, she wasn't aiming to look like any of that.

"Today, I wanted to look like a superhero with a really accurate sense of time," she jokes after arriving 45 minutes later than expected.

But Ke$ha wasn't there to show off her outfit. She was there to introduce her designs for Casio's new Baby-G watches.

CAJS101.jpg

Ke$ha, dressed in a self-designed superhero costume, speaks about her design inspiration for her new Baby-G watch creations at the product launch event on Wednesday, September 14, 2011 in San Francisco.

Seeing as though she created the fringe-tastic patriotic costume she was sporting, designing the watches was second nature to her. Plus, her music has a strong connection to Casio.

"This experience with Casio is so exciting because it's my first collaboration as a designer," says Ke$ha in a statement. "It's extra meaningful because I wrote my first single 'TiK ToK' on a Casio keyboard."

The digital-chic watches have maintained their popularity combining techie style and urban-worthy wrist wear. Ke$ha has amped up the volume with the two distinct styles that scream "TiK ToK".

The first watch matched her stars and stripes "superhero" attire. Donned in red, white and blue, she says the watch was "obviously inspired by the American flag."

"It's a recurring theme in my aesthetic but also represents freedom of speech, a right I passionately exercise in my life and in music," she says.

The other watch has a wild leopard print in gold and black brings that "brings out the animal inside."

Pretty wild, huh?

babyg-kesha.jpg

The watches are available at Tourneau, Nordstrom, select Macy's stores. Visit www.baby-g.com for more info.

(SOURCE.)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.