Rebel Bitch

I Feel Sorry For Monsters.

13 minutes ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

And that's completely different thing lmfao1 

Overall i do think that you are 10s hater who jumped on hate bandwagon this decade. Why? Because of that act 'i hate RH so that makes me undragable by monsters in BGs since they can't use that against me'

And this is about RH ALBUM and what i think impacted your opinion.

What you're doing here now is covering your ass. You literally called out anyone who liked RH, called them idiots (tried to cover your ass in this post) and then once again expressed how someone does have low standards if he likes something.

ny3

Honestly, I'm gonna give up right here, I cannot fucking take it anymore chi1 And I know you're gonna interpret that as you clocking me or whatever, but I don't even care about that anymore dead2

All I can repeat is that this conversation started with a very friendly @H.O.N.E.Y who I shared takes on the RH album with in a very respectful way, and how everything I said in that converation was then later used against me by you as if I hadn't in those early posts said literally that everyone is entitled to their own taste and what I was presenting was just my opinion (which I repeated 50x after that too) eve1 I don't like the RH album, I think it's gotten a suspicious amount of praise from the fanbase that is very comfortable slamming Hard Candy and MDNA albums as basic and outdated, and I think Madonna fans who jump into the traps LMs set for them are idiots. Sue me. oprah11 I had no ill will against you before this thread, but now I'm sad to say that you just make an awful conversation partner who won't just calm down and have an argumented discussion. You need to bring the childish flair and the personal insults and constantly engage in behavior that you'll then slam others for, denying like a very confused child that you're doing the exact same thing when you are ayumi1

But I still respect your opinion (and to a large extent I agree with it, which I have posted throughout, but you don't appear to have seen it) and I wish you lots of pleasant listens to RH bey1 And ARTPOP ny1

You can quote me, but I won't reply for the sake of my own happiness in life.

10 minutes ago, Jjang said:

No, you need to properly elaborate on your points because your post was scattered everywhere and I couldn't infer what you're trying to imply, which by the way, is your job to do as a discussing partner. You need to specify what you're replying to and explain how your reply debunks mine. Because I will not react to laughing emoticons and mere rejections of my sayings without any clear counter arguments. I won't play that game.

Are you serious? moo3

You : Hung Up had 60m views during that time period.

Also you : by 2008 there was no one that reached 100M views yet.

Conclusion : 60m in a world where no one has reached 100M could be interpreted as one of the most popular videos on YouTube. == > you said Hung Up was one of the most watched videos on YouTube.

Points are elaborated.

What actually happened:

Me: 4Minutes was one of the biggest videos in 2008, (probably behind Avril's Girlfriend - first video to cross 100m on official channel) before it was deleted. HU was deleted too with around 60m views (?)

You: you said HU was one of the biggest videos

So what's happening here is you twisting my words, putting words in my mouth and ignoring obvious that beside 4Minutes and Girlfriend there were plenty of videos at around same views or close to 100m views by the time they were deleted.

Your conclusion is not legit or fact or argument since there is no possible way to know how many videos had more views than HU.

I mean let's use this as example, if video with 600,000,000 views is deleted now, but there are like 100 videos above 900,000,000 close to 1,000,000,000 views would you be calling that video that was deleted one of the biggest, when between them could be hundreds of videos?

4 minutes ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

I mean let's use this as example, if video with 600,000,000 views is deleted now, but there are like 100 videos above 900,000,000 close to 1,000,000,000 views would you be calling that video that was deleted one of the biggest, when between them could be hundreds of videos?

No, having 100 videos with 900m views doesn't make 600m any less huge. Not gonna argue any further because you're a lost case, but here's the point that you're so desperately trying to avoid : Hung Up did well on YouTube, Living For Love didn't, why?

your reply will be "because it had more radio support" and here I will continue asking why?

I want to cackle at those lyrics but I can't 'cause your voice is too impressive rn rih14 

You remind me of tons of indie band singers I love rih5.gif' alt='rih1'> You're good. Very good. Both technically solid and capable of evoking an emotional soundscape brit15 How many of people's favs in here can do that? eve1

Omg the beat kicked in dead2 Love it. If you ever post some of your stuff here, feel free to tag me oprah4

OMG THANK YOU! fall3

Posted from my iPhone using the FOTP app
4 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

ny3

Honestly, I'm gonna give up right here, I cannot fucking take it anymore chi1 And I know you're gonna interpret that as you clocking me or whatever, but I don't even care about that anymore dead2

All I can repeat is that this conversation started with a very friendly @H.O.N.E.Y who I shared takes on the albums with in a very respectful way, and how everything I said in that converation was then later used against me by you as if I hadn't in those early posts said literally that everyone is entitled to their own taste and what I was presenting was just my opinion (which I repeated 50x after that too) eve1 I don't like the RH album, I think it's gotten a suspicious amount of praise from the fanbase that is very comfortable slamming Hard Candy and MDNA albums as basic and outdated, and I think Madonna fans who jump into the traps LMs set for them are idiots. Sue me. oprah11 I had no ill will against you before this thread, but now I'm sad to say that you just make an awful conversation partner who won't just calm down and have an argumented discussion. You need to bring the childish flair and the personal insults and constantly engage in behavior that you'll then slam others for, denying like a very confused child that you're doing the exact same thing when you are ayumi1

But I still respect your opinion (and to a large extent I agree with it, which I have posted throughout, but you don't appear to have seen) and I wish you lots of pleasant listens to RH bey1 And ARTPOP ny1

You can quote me, but I won't reply for the sake of my own happiness in life.

Personal insults? Coming from someone who called me idiot several twice.

And like i said 1000 times why i started doing this wasn't because of YOUR OPINION it was because you just had to bring down people who liked it WHILE expressing your opinion on that. And yes you did act like you were superior or better for not accepting 'low standards'.

3 minutes ago, Jjang said:

No, having 100 videos with 900m views doesn't make 600m any less huge. Not gonna argue any further because you're a lost case, but here's the point which you're so desperately trying to avoid : Hung Up did well on YouTube, Living For Love didn't, why?

your reply will be "because it had more radio support" and here I will continue asking why?

I'm sorry i don't see me saying that 600m views are any less huge. My question was would you call a 600m views video 'one of the biggest' if there were hundreds of videos having more views?

Is the answer no?

I'm confused, is the question 'how come smash single (and before you twist my words: i'm not counting US as country where it was smash) did better than flop single?'

Just now, Li'l Sebastian said:

I'm sorry i don't see me saying that 600m views are any less huge. My question was would you call a 600m views video 'one of the biggest' if there were hundreds of videos having more views?

Is the answer no?

I'm confused, is the question 'how come smash single (and before you twist my words: i'm not counting US as country where it was smash) did better than flop single?'

60m is 60% of 100M. (the most watched video at the time)

60% of the most watched video nowadays equates 1.3B, would you say that number would be attached to what many consider to be as one of the most popular videos on YouTube? I believe so, yes. rav2 Vs. Living For Love's 27mrav2

Okay, you know what, I agree, Hung Up was a flop in the US. Case fucking closed. Now, what about the rest of the world? why did they support Hung Up but not Living For Love?

2 minutes ago, Jjang said:

60m is 60% of 100M. (the most watched video at the time)

60% of the most watched video nowadays equates 1.3B, would you say that number would be attached to what many consider to be as one of the most popular videos on YouTube? I believe so, yes. rav2 Vs. Living For Love's 27m

I used 600m and 900m/1b as example of 60m and 90m/100m.

4 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Now, what about the rest of the world? why did they support Hung Up but not Living For Love?

Now, what would've happened if HU had same radio support LFL had?

Your question only works if LFL had same amount of radio support (meaning it was well known song) and failed to do well.

And question is stupid too, since it could be applied to every single case, every single artist, every single smash and flop.

9 minutes ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

I used 600m and 900m/1b as example of 60m and 90m/100m.

Then bring me receipts that a huge amount of videos were already at 90M+. 

Now, what would've happened if HU had same radio support LFL had?

But it didn't, it had a greater radio support : why?

And question is stupid too, since it could be applied to every single case, every single artist, every single smash and flop.

And that's exactly what I was saying this entire discussion, why did it take you so long to admit it? it aplies to every single artist meaning it's not as centered around ageism as you're making it out to be.

Then bring me receipts that a huge amount of videos were already at 90M+.

You're manipulating everything.

I mean are you gonna act now like there were only 3 videos on YouTube in 2008? Just like there are videos between 600m and 900m now, there were videos between 60m and 90 then.

9 minutes ago, Jjang said:

But it didn't, it had a greater radio support : why?

Oh i'm sorry, was LFL released right after HU? Because you really act like it was, you really act like it suddenly happened.

11 minutes ago, Jjang said:

And that's exactly what I was saying this entire discussion, why did it take you so long to admit it? it aplies to every single artist meaning it's not as centered around ageism as you're making it out to be.

No it's not.

You are saying that LFL wasn't hit because people didn't like it (?) or she failed to bring something new, failed to click with audience, something like that.

You are also acting like LFL had same treatment HU had, you're acting like nothing has changed since 2005. And now you're gonna ask 'but what has changed?' and i already explained that days ago

1 minute ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

You are also acting like LFL had same treatment HU had, you're acting like nothing has changed since 2005. And now you're gonna ask 'but what has changed?' and i already explained that days ago

But why didn't it have the same treatment as HU if during both times she was battling ageism? that is my fucking point, I'm asking you.

What has changed since 2005?

1) streaming took over 

Answer : if streaming was relevant in 2005 then Hung Up would be in the top 3 of most streamed songs of the year. So it doesn't change any of our discussion's dynamics.

2) Ageism is stronger now 

Answer : you can't prove that. There is literally only one incident which you can rely on but that is not enough to back up such a big statement. I'm talking about BBC radio controversy, which by the way, we have misunderstood the situation : she wasn't completely banned from BBC radio, she was only moved from Radio 1 to Radio 2, which is actually the biggest station in the UK (bigger than radio 1) and is targeted towards a more adult audience, while 1 is targeted more towards teenagers.

12 minutes ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

You're manipulating everything.

I mean are you gonna act now like there were only 3 videos on YouTube in 2008? Just like there are videos between 600m and 900m now, there were videos between 60m and 90 then.

Oh i'm sorry, was LFL released right after HU? Because you really act like it was, you really act like it suddenly happened.

No it's not.

You are saying that LFL wasn't hit because people didn't like it (?) or she failed to bring something new, failed to click with audience, something like that.

But why didn't it have the same treatment as HU if during both times she was battling ageism? that is my fucking point, I'm asking you.

1) streaming took over 

Answer : if streaming was relevant in 2005 then Hung Up would be in the top 3 of most streamed songs of the year. So it doesn't change any of our discussion's dynamics.

Answer : you can't prove that. There is literally only one incident which you can rely on but that is not enough to back up such a big statement. I'm talking about BBC radio controversy, which by the way, we have misunderstood the situation : she wasn't completely banned from BBC radio, she was only moved from Radio 1 to Radio 2, which is actually the biggest station in the UK (bigger than radio 1) and is targeted towards a more adult audience, while 1 is targeted more towards teenagers.

YOU TWO NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP, ALREADY!!!! OMFG ARE YOU TWO OUT OF YOUR GOD DAMN MIND? STOP IT! 21 PAGES AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T SETTLED YOUR SHIT? 

6 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

YOU TWO NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP, ALREADY!!!! OMFG ARE YOU TWO OUT OF YOUR GOD DAMN MIND? STOP IT! 21 PAGES AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T SETTLED YOUR SHIT? 

There is nothing to settle, he just doesn't want to admit that people didnt like / care for L4L and that bugs me. Aren't we supposed to represent the non delusional fan base that doesn't make pity excuses for our fave like Gaga fans do? I find it shocking that you're more interested in stopping us from having a debate than telling Sebastian to get real for a moment. 

Just now, Jjang said:

There is nothing to settle, he just doesn't want to admit that people didnt like / care for L4L and that bugs me. Aren't we supposed to represent the non delusional fan base that doesn't make pity excuses for our fave like Gaga fans do? I find it shocking that you're more interested in stopping us from having a debate than telling Sebastian to get real for a moment. 

DUDE. Just fucking stop it. You can't prove your point and he has no receipts to prove his.

You two need to just accept that the song flopped and none of us can exactly say why. You are just as ignorant as him when you say no one cared about it, which is a straight up lie. Still, he can't prove that ageism alone was the reason it flopped.

10 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

DUDE. Just fucking stop it. You can't prove your point and he has no receipts to prove his.

You two need to just accept that the song flopped and none of us can exactly say why. You are just as ignorant as him when you say no one cared about it, which is a straight up lie. Still, he can't prove that ageism alone was the reason it flopped.

Quote where I said 0 amount of people cared for the song, then you can call me ignorant. In the context of our discussion, saying that people didn't care about it is the same as saying there wasn't enough general interest to build commercial success.

That's the thing : im NOT denying ageism (repeated that 27 times already), what I AM disagreeing with is the sentiment that Madonna can't get a hit as a direct result of ageism. Meaning I believe that despite ageism (again : see how im not denying it), she CAN get a hit and im using past examples to prove that. That is fucking all.

Sebastian, on the other hand, is refusing to accept people not liking the song as a possibility and claims that ageism is the sole and only reason for her lack of commercial success. So dont you dare call me ignorant aretha1

32 minutes ago, Jjang said:

1) streaming took over 

No. You are asking ridiculous question that has countless answers.

1) Once again big fat no. You are acting like streaming is the only thing that has happened in the last 10 years. You are acting like music industry remained the same, it's not like whole new generation of artists came in between and this time Madonna failed to remain relevant because if people have to choose between 60 years old pop artist and 30 years old pop artist today, they are sure not going to pick 'old one'.

Your answer: fiction. You are using HU as already proven smash hit from 10 years ago. If HU was released in 2015 and had same radio support LFL had do you think that it would've been hit?

2) Ageism IS stronger now. One incident? How about only 2 hits by artists who are over 40 this whole decade? How about all her peers struggling on radios?

Her new music was banned. And no she wasn't just moved since she was also played on BBC2 in the past. BBC2 is more targeted towards adults but BBC1 target is the target of popular music that is on top of the charts. And that was always her target. People who listen BBC2 are not her target.

LFL is not the type of song that BBC2 usually plays, that's why it never went to A-list or top 50 radio chart overall despite it being on biggest radio station.

Quote where I said 0 amount of people cared for the song, then you call me ignorant. In the context of our discussion, saying that people didn't care about it is the same as saying there wasn't enough general interest to build commercial success.

That's the thing : im NOT denying ageism (repeated that 27 times already), what I AM disagreeing with is the sentiment that Madonna can't get a hit as a direct result of ageism. Meaning I believe that despite ageism (again : see how im not denying it), she CAN get a hit and im using past examples to prove that. That is fucking all.

Sebastian, on the other hand, is refusing to accept people not liking the song as a possibility and claims that ageism is the sole and only reason for her lack of commercial success. So dont you dare call me ignorant aretha1

I'm not gonna read this essay. Please take my advice and just leave it. You are just as much in the wrong as he is, both of you are biased in regards of the song.

If you guys won't stop embarrassing our section like this in BG I will single-handedly take this fight to another place (I hope you know where) and read you guys Tyra Banks-style. We do not need this kind of animosity and all of us have had it with your bullshit! It's been 4 days of essays on why L4L flopped. ENOUGH!

Posted from my iPhone using the FOTP app
  • Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I mean Ayo is better than anything Madonna ever did since Hung Up so don't feel sorry for us. 

I mean if we're picking only one song as receipts than Ghosttown alone is better than gaga's existence because i say so   see, it works both ways  

I hate it when people be making these threads like they know what we want     and act like we are forcing ourselves to like the music. Why can't we just enjoy it without it being considered

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.