Satori

Honeymoon invalidates any hate Lana gets

I don't get the hate people have for this album.  It completely changed how I perceive Lana and my respect for her as an artist.  Ultraviolence definitely did too but not to the same extent.

Her voice on Honeymoon is gorgeous.  Talk about knowing where your strengths are and going for it.  "Terrence Loves You" is a fucking masterpiece.  ahs1 The last part of "Honeymoon"... antm1    "God Knows I Tried".... brit0

There's not a single song with bad lyrics.  Even HBTB makes total sense without sound pretentious af like some of her contemporaries or brainless like others. 

And lawd the production on this album gives me life.  Somehow it's cohesive even though it goes from the jazzier, mellow numbers to the more moody, midtempo ones.  I could listen to "Art Deco" a million times over and every time the chorus crashing in is still bey3.  The luxuriant waves of "Music To Watch Boys To"... bey5.  The epic and sombre "Swan Song"... bey1

I can't help but scroll past the hate and shade Lana gets (even toward her earlier eras) and it's because of this album.  I know her other stuff is good too but to me this one will always be next level. aretha1

2 hours ago, GLORY said:

Yes ny1 

Honeymoon is clearly her most experimental but also weirdly is her most cohesive

Agreed.  I love its flow.  And to me an album that's cohesive is rarely too long.  It's the haphazard all-over-the-place ones that get "too long" if they have more than like 10 songs.  But every one on Honeymoon adds to the whole, in my opinion, but it's not so blended that the songs aren't distinguishable.  When I first listened to it it did seem to run together, but I very quickly fell for each song individually.  It's a luminous record.

1 hour ago, Tampon said:

It sucks ass half of it is filler and the rest mediocre at best, WRONG! jj4 

The fact is became a non event and forgotten so quickly and is hated by most speaks for itself!

K I get the filler comment because if the album as whole doesn't suit someone they're obviously going to think it drags, but you really think the album's best songs are mediocre? brit8

probably not her masterpiece but it's so, so good and I'm so happy so many people have been parading the same sentiment as of late because I've been praising this album since a little after its release

I always found it cool how there are two wildly different sounds on the album and yet they somehow manage to converge by the end of the tracklisting jj2

3 hours ago, GLORY said:

Yes ny1 

Honeymoon is clearly her most experimental but also weirdly is her most cohesive

Sis how is it her most experimental? The entire album is literally full of big cinematic ballads that more or less she's touched upon countless times....  it's not really that experimental or pushy.... 

BTD was and probably will remain her most experimental album in her discography.. it's the album that put her on the map because of her experimentation and sound and it's the album that has the most impact and variety. 

Doesn't mean Honeymoon is bad but it's definitely not her most experimental

Just now, fun. said:

Sis how is it her most experimental? The entire album is literally full of big cinematic ballads that more or less she's touched upon countless times....  it's not really that experimental or pushy.... 

BTD was and probably will remain her most experimental album in her discography.. it's the album that put her on the map because of her experimentation and sound and it's the album that has the most impact and variety. 

Doesn't mean Honeymoon is bad but it's definitely not her most experimental

High By the Beach isn't experimental? jj4 I also think songs such as MTWBT and Salvatore are quite experimental. Another thing Lana did differently on this album was really think about the order of the tracklist, and include an interlude to help the album flow better. I think this album was an experiment for her to see what works and what fans like so she can slay with her next album 

4 hours ago, fun. said:

Sis how is it her most experimental?

Not trying to interrupt but I'd say her voice makes this album very experimental.  I get your point re her penchant for slow-burners to begin with, but songs like TLY that take her from the normal low register brooding to the airy higher register are unusual.  But I think too, musically, that it goes from something like that to the muted triphop of Art Deco and others like it is another reason.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't get the hate people have for this album.  It completely changed how I perceive Lana and my respect for her as an artist.  Ultraviolence definitely did too but not to the same extent.  

It's a good album, but in my opinion was a downgrade from Ultraviolence

Yes   Honeymoon is clearly her most experimental but also weirdly is her most cohesive

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.