GLORY

Honestly....

Joanne has done exactly what I and a lot of us wanted it to do - filter out all the fans not here for Gaga experimenting with her music. I understand a lot of people were expecting a MASSIVE pop comeback and I can agree this is not that, but what it is is a fantastic album that is able to cohesively experiment with multiple genres of music and still sound great. I love how every song is so musically diverse.

If this is what she could do while just experimenting, I can't even imagine what the next album will be like when she has polished things up a bit. This album is great. As queen CupcakKe said, Perfect Illusion is NOT bad, it is just different. This remains the case for the entire album. I'm incredibly impressed with the album and am happy to see Gaga so proud of her music. alex1alex1 

I do agree that sometimes her voice is a bit dead7 but honestly I think with time she will improve. This album leaves me incredibly hopeful for the future. It may not be the best album released ever but it is still a great offering of tracks.

So many people have been saying that the album is SHIT because it is not EDM pop, to which all I can say is

DYkhs14.gif

"If this is what she could do while just experimenting, I can't even imagine what the next album will be like when she has polished things up a bit"

"It may not be the best album released ever but it is still a great offering of tracks."

ARTPOP flashback dead7

I understand your point, but I still think that if she released an album that delivered amazing country/rock/funk (whatever) then a lot of fans would also be happy despite it not being their favorite genre rav1 What we got was a bunch of pop songs that were dressed up in some decorations of other genres, I think a lot of people who aren't impressed just don't like it because the songs are somewhere between regular pop and other genres, but not really going any which way fully rih5 Just my take.

jj4 stop it with the "she's experimenting!!!1!" jj4 She could even sing heavy metal and I would support her AS LONG AS THE SONGS ARE GOOD jj4 songwriting-wise jj4

The whole album's songwriting is vague & lazy af fall8 

Just now, Earth Ripper said:

"If this is what she could do while just experimenting, I can't even imagine what the next album will be like when she has polished things up a bit"

"It may not be the best album released ever but it is still a great offering of tracks."

ARTPOP flashback dead7

I understand your point, but I still think that if she released an album that delivered amazing country/rock/funk (whatever) then a lot of fans would also be happy despite it not being their favorite genre rav1 What we got was a bunch of pop songs that were dressed up in some decorations of other genres, I think a lot of people who aren't impressed just don't like it because the songs are somewhere between regular pop and other genres, but not really going any which way fully rih5 Just my take.

this.

I'm all here for Gaga experimenting, but this album is just not cutting it for me. I actually am in love with Perfect Illusion, but for me there aren't any other songs on there that spark the same energy. 

It's the first album I'm not going to buy from Gaga and not because I don't like what sound she is doing, the songs just aren't that good. 

1 hour ago, Earth Ripper said:

I wonder what LMs' reponses would've been if she released something like FourFiveSeconds ny1 Remember when Gaga fans bashed it for being a basic, boring country track? bey5 Times/standards change quickly here.

OMG They did ? shock1 I loved that song honestly 

3 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

ARTPOP flashback dead7

Yes, ARTPOP flashback indeed, she delivered there and she delivered here too rav1 

I disagree. I think that people would hate it even more if it didn't have the underlying genre of pop throughout

2 minutes ago, #MusicNotTheBling said:

jj4 stop it with the "she's experimenting!!!1!" jj4 She could even sing heavy metal and I would support her AS LONG AS THE SONGS ARE GOOD jj4 songwriting-wise jj4

The whole album's songwriting is vague & lazy af fall8 

Okay, but she is experimenting rav2 She's also experimenting with songwriting I think, which I agree is not the strongpoint of the album.

2 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

I wonder what LMs' reponses would've been if she released something like FourFiveSeconds ny1 Remember when Gaga fans bashed it for being a basic, boring country track? bey5 Times/standards change quickly here.

WHATTTTT?????? FourFiveSeconds is amazing gaga13 I lowkey would've lived for Gaga singing that omg

2 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

...or people just don't like the final product, regardless of whether she was experimenting or not. carla1

Apparently you can only be a true stan these days if you literally eat up everything your fave does, whether you like it or not carla1

4 minutes ago, GLORY said:

Okay, but she is experimenting rav2 She's also experimenting with songwriting I think, which I agree is not the strongpoint of the album.

Honey rav2 Songwriting is not something you experiment with, either you got it or no rav2 You experiment with your sound/production rav2 She was just lazy/uninspired & that's it jj4

2 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

...or people just don't like the final product, regardless of whether she was experimenting or not. carla1

Okay awesome, I 100000% understand what you mean, but what I'm saying is that she seems incredibly happy with the final result and will probably continue experimenting with a sound similar to this album, so prepare to be disappointed again

The album as a whole is beneath what Gaga is capable of. It doesn't show me that Gaga grew as an artist, but rather that she declined and abandoned her niche. rav1 There are some great songs on it and I like half the album, but the other half is just embarassing rav1 We did not wait 3 years for this sis. rav1 That being said....... I'm somehow satisfied with it idk. oprah6

1 minute ago, Desnudate said:

Apparently you can only be a true stan these days if you literally eat up everything your fave does, whether you like it or not carla1

No this is a million percent incorrect and false. It pisses me off so fucking much when people act like this, and I didn't mean to come across in that way AT ALL!! I'm so sorry if I did come across as someone who's like that because I'm a believer in the fact that you can literally love one song from an artist and still be a fan. 

Just now, #MusicNotTheBling said:

Honey rav2 Songwriting is not something you experiment with, either you got it or no rav2 You experiment with your sound/production rav2 She was just lazy/uninspired & that's it jj4

Okay rav2 

Fair enough

2 minutes ago, LG6 Pls Be Good said:

The album as a whole is beneath what Gaga is capable of. It doesn't show me that Gaga grew as an artist, but rather that she declined and that she abandoned her niche. rav1 There are some great songs on it and I like half the album, but the other half is just embarassing rav1 We did not wait 3 years for this sis. rav1 That being said....... I'm somehow satisfied with it idk. oprah6

hmm yes I agree that she probably is capable of music better than this, as she is definitely an incredible music but that being said I still thoroughly enjoy all the tracks on this album? I respect your opinion tho ofc

Just wondering, which songs do you like and which ones do you not like?

I agree. I said this in the other thread, but despite being different to her previous work it's very much Gaga. I have always been one of her supporters in experimenting sonically and I'm very satisfied with Joanne. I hope she experiments even more because she has it in her. Gaga is not just someone you can put in a box.

I am also very pleased with her vocals. I know you guys think she's shouting throughout the album, but I think this kind of style of singing suits her very nice. I love the raspiness in her voice. They weren't lying when they said her voice sounds husky. 

Also, something I've noticed. Maybe it's just me, but looking back on ARTPOP, Joanne feels so much mature. I don't know why, maybe because ARTPOP had crazy fashion and "out there" music, but it feels like a "baby" compared to Joanne. And if I compare it to BTW, it seems less "in your face". It's weird because Diamond Heart opens the album. BTW felt like punch after punch after punch. Joanne feels more relaxed. It has a nice balance of fast, mid-tempo and slow songs. I guess it also has to do with the fact that Gaga seems much more relaxed this era and is really making it all about the music. I probably didn't explain that well, but I hope you guys know what I'm trying to say. 

She gave us a fantastic album. I do think she's aiming for critical acclaim with Joanne. She did some radio promo and has other promo lined up, but I just don't think she'll get herself worked up over chart success. I genuinely think she's not in that mindset. Yeah, she'll promote, but it's like she's saying "hey my album is out, but I won't be in your face about it" without all the extra stuff. 

2 minutes ago, GLORY said:

No this is a million percent incorrect and false. It pisses me off so fucking much when people act like this, and I didn't mean to come across in that way AT ALL!! I'm so sorry if I did come across as someone who's like that because I'm a believer in the fact that you can literally love one song from an artist and still be a fan.  

right jj4 it did sound like u were like that tho fall8 glad that u have talent clap3

So we could all agree on:

Gaga tried experimenting

The sound is ok, but she was lazy af songwriting-wise

We can hope this era lasts till Superbowl and we get her actual comeback by 2018 clap3 she was just testing a new sound and that's it clap3 we just need to recover ARTPOP/The Fame Monster/BTW Songwritingaga and we got a perfect album! clap3

Just now, GLORY said:

hmm yes I agree that she probably is capable of music better than this, as she is definitely an incredible music but that being said I still thoroughly enjoy all the tracks on this album? I respect your opinion tho ofc

Just wondering, which songs do you like and which ones do you not like?

I like Joanne, DIC, DH, Ayo, John Wayne, Sinner's Prayer.

I don't like the rest