Earth Ripper

Why the Hillary Leaks Matter! (summary)

For anyone interested in this presidential election, read this glorious article from Fair! lj1

And for the ones who won't do that, I highlighted what really matters about the recent Hillary leaks: lj1

. in a meeting with the building trades union she complained about environmental activists, saying they should "get a life" and she will continue to support fracking

. in a speech to Goldman Sachs she praised TPP while denying support for it in public

. Hillary expressed awareness, in front of bankers, that a no-fly zone in Syria (something she publicly supports) would kill lots of innocent Syrian civilians

. in a leaked e-mail Hillary acknowledges that Saudi Arabia and Qatar (two of the most important allies of the US, and from which the Clinton Foundation receives millions of dollars) are funding and supporting ISIS and other Islamic terrorist groups (something the US, and Clinton, have denied publicly many times)

. in front of bankers, she underscored how important it was to have a public and a private stance, because the common people aren't capable of handling what happens behind closed doors

. journalists (which the leaks prove Hillary is in close contact to - 96% of political donations made by journalists went to Clinton, and she has certain political understandings with journalists who will plant fake stories for her) are using the familiar "there's nothing new to see here" strategy, as if we all knew what is revealed, even though corporate media have been denying what "conspiracy theorists" and "ignorant millennial Bernie supoporters" have been saying all along

And no, I'm not a Trump supporter, but these things are important to talk about, because even if Hillary wins, these things should not be ignored and forgotten oprah13

Discuss oprah13

17 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

in front of bankers, she underscored how important it was to have a public and a private stance, because the common people aren't capable of handling what happens behind closed doors

That's always been the case though 

Hillary Clinton is basically one of the last old fashioned moderate democrats still in power - or in the public eye. And not these half-backed southern blue-dog democrats that the Republicans wiped out in 2010 - I'm talking the old fashioned 1960s, 1970s moderate democrats. Someone who in the eyes of millennials would look almost like a republican if they squinted.

I'm not at all shocked - anyone who can read, watch or who pays attention to her, her statements and speech and world events for the past 16 years knew that these things were true - it all also hinges on the idea that in 2016, you're not going to take a politician or a campaign at their word. 

Saudi Arabia and Qatar were/are funding ISIS (and Al-Qaeda too) in order to bring chaos to Iran. 

Chelsea Clinton worked for NBC for a time. 

Hillary Clinton got elected as the Senator from New York with the help of bankers. 

I'm not saying that any of this is bad - but this can't seriously shock anyone. 

9 minutes ago, Mom said:

I'm not saying that any of this is bad - but this can't seriously shock anyone. 

Well, if people are not shocked by the gun trade between the US and Saudi Arabia, apparently (according to you) knowing full well those weapons are going straight to ISIS, who are then attacking us as civilians, then maybe that's just something else to worry about eve1

If we're supposed to be shocked by the footage (made by a terrorist) of a child being pulled from the rubble in rebel occupied and coalition supported Syria, then why aren't we supposed to be shocked at the fact that these US backed rebels are methodically killing civilians by the hour in the government occupied Syria? dead4 Or the fact that the makers of that footage beheaded a Palestinian child in a refugee camp, something which was not even reported by Western media?

13 minutes ago, Jony said:

That's always been the case though 

And if we're not supposed to be shocked by Hillary using her supposed opposition against TPP in the primaries, while she's supporting it in private, then why should we expect anything good from her when she actually wins? brit0 Why don't we just admit defeat now instead of believing that this woman is gonna do anything good for American citizens or the world? gaga12 If that's always been the case, why are so many people buying what she publicly says to win the election, then? ayumi1

I'm not shocked that there's finally proof of Saudi Arabia funding ISIS, but I am shocked by how no one cares about what that means even if it finally comes to light with perfect proof fall7

5 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

Why don't we just admit defeat now instead of believing that this woman is gonna do anything good for American citizens or the world? gaga12

Well I didn't really believe that anyway xtina1 Just better than her opponent xtina1

Just now, Earth Ripper said:

Well, if people are not shocked by the gun trade between the US and Saudi Arabia, apparently (according to you) knowing full well those weapons are going straight to ISIS, who are then attacking us as civilians, then maybe that's just something else to worry about eve1

If we're supposed to be shocked by the footage (made by a terrorist) of a child being pulled from the rubble in rebel occupied and coalition supported Syria, then why aren't we supposed to be shocked at the fact that these US backed rebels are methodically killing civilians by the hour in the government occupied Syria? dead4 Or the fact that the makers of that footage beheaded a Palestinian child in a refugee camp, something which was not even reported by Western media?

There's been rumors that the United States has been arming ISIS since it's inception, not through a middle man like Saudi Arabia, but directly, through Libya, Turkey and Egypt and into Syria and Iraq. There's no conclusive evidence mind you, but when the consulate in Libya was burned to the ground, our conspiracy theorist friends hypothesized that Ambassador Stevens was killed to cover up the gun trade between our Government. According to this belief, our Government believes that ISIS could be used to topple this dictators that had ruled this region for years - and from the Military Stand Point, destroy the power of the Russians in that region of the world. 

But I'm getting  too far into my Glenn Beckian chalk-board rant dead7

As far as your second point, most people who know the situation in Syria know that ISIS has co-opted the rebellion against the Assad Regime. 

The Russians are not wrong - the US backing ISIS, but they're backing ISIS in the hopes that the "moderate" wing of the Syrian rebels will end up in power. 

5 minutes ago, Mom said:

most people who know the situation in Syria

Who the fuck's that though gaga12

I mean, I get what you and Jony are saying, but you guys are informed.. most people are not, and it's to them these leaks are pivotal dead4 What's the point of saying "I don't know how anyone can be shocked because I already knew all of this" when the majority of voters do not know? eve1 People should be shocked by the corporate media narrative about the US battling ISIS with quality allies Saudi Arabia and Qatar, and how horrendous details are being hidden that make the Western coalition look just as awful as terrorists oprah13 The fact that they are not is because of how the media is spinning the story of these leaks: eh, nothing new, even though it's important information, not about Hillary, but about the state of things in general ari1 I mean, you get why people aren't shocked by this, but you do get why they're shocked about what Trump said about some woman 10 years ago? bey5 I do too because people are easily played, but I also believe that people want to know if they're being played, and an issue like the Western coalition putting Western civilians in danger by supporting terrorist groups left and right is just such a subject that can turn the political tide imo brit1

Just now, Earth Ripper said:

Who the fuck's that though gaga12

I mean, I get what you and Jony are saying, but you guys are informed.. most people are not, and it's to them these leaks are pivotal dead4 What's the point of saying "I don't know how anyone can be shocked because I already knew all of this" when the majority of voters do not know? eve1 People should be shocked by the corporate media narrative about the US battling ISIS with quality allies Saudi Arabia and Qatar, and how horrendous details are being hidden that make the Western coalition look just as awful as terrorists oprah13 The fact that they are not is because of how the media is spinning the story of these leaks: eh, nothing new, even though it's important information, not about Hillary, but about the state of things in general ari1 I mean, you get why people aren't shocked by this, but you do get why they're shocked about what Trump said about some woman 10 years ago? bey5 I do too because people are easily played, but I also believe that people want to know if they're being played, and an issue like the Western coalition putting Western civilians in danger by supporting terrorist groups left and right is just such a subject that can turn the political tide imo brit1

The US has done this before, loads of times - but this time is different, if the Assad Regime continues with its Russian support, and the US Government wants to actively support and back ISIS and the "moderates",  it will eventually bring the Russian and American Militarizes into a point where they're in conflict. And if US and Russian troops and planes start firing on each other, it'll start the third world war. 

So no - I'm not shocked that this is happening, but pay attention - because if they keep fighting over Syria, it will end badly for us all. 

The real losers are the Syrian People, they either have to live under the Assad Regime, which isn't exactly a picnic, or they'll have to live under ISIS. 

2 minutes ago, Mom said:

The US has done this before, loads of times - but this time is different, if the Assad Regime continues with its Russian support, and the US Government wants to actively support and back ISIS and the "moderates",  it will eventually bring the Russian and American Militarizes into a point where they're in conflict. And if US and Russian troops and planes start firing on each other, it'll start the third world war. 

So no - I'm not shocked that this is happening, but pay attention - because if they keep fighting over Syria, it will end badly for us all. 

The real losers are the Syrian People, they either have to live under the Assad Regime, which isn't exactly a picnic, or they'll have to live under ISIS. 

Agreed with all of this, but it doesn't really answer my point which is that it's great you all know these things, but to contribute to the "nothing to see here" wave of corporate media, that has been covering up these dangerous covert operations for decades, by misusing the fact that you happen to be informed unlike the majority of people, is only going to make people not pay attention to what's happening in Syria and beyond, which only increases the likelihood of a scenario like WW III jj1 So maybe next time you enter a discussion zone about these leaks, contribute to people's level of information instead of dismissing the content as unremarkable.

5 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

Agreed with all of this, but it doesn't really answer my point which is that it's great you all know these things, but to contribute to the "nothing to see here" wave of corporate media, that has been covering up these dangerous covert operations for decades, by misusing the fact that you happen to be informed unlike the majority of people, is only going to make people not pay attention to what's happening in Syria and beyond, which only increases the likelihood of a scenario like WW III jj1 So maybe next time you enter a discussion zone about these leaks, contribute to people's level of information instead of dismissing the content as unremarkable.

We got off on a tangent, so let me get back on to the point jj1

These leaks don't matter, you wanna know why? 

Because as has been leaked 96% of the Media back Clinton, and as such, they're not going to make this an issue, they won't rail about it on the 24 hour a day news cycle- Trump might try too - and he might back an issue, but it won't work. He's too busy trying to fend off stories of his sexual assaults. 

They matter, but they don't matter, because the media is determined to make her President, and they won't risk things like this getting in the way. 

1 minute ago, Mom said:

They matter, but they don't matter, because the media is determined to make her President, and they won't risk things like this getting in the way. 

And you're ok with that? ari1 In this day and age where we can all use an immense online platform to spread information that is kept hidden from us, with several incredible media outlets (like MediaLens, Fair,...) that actively question and expose mainstream media narratives, you suggest we should just accept these games and allow people to play with our lives? lj1

I mean, I get what you're saying.. and I want Hillary to win at this point, but that doesn't mean the scrutiny and the distrust should end after her win anna1 To the contrary, she needs to be called out for these things and made to answer for them aretha1 I'd like to hear her explain why she and the US have been denying that Qatar and Saudi Arabia are supporting ISIS dead7 We don't just have to play to the tune of the media, and I think if more people became aware of that (through the wider dissemination of accurate information), we could actually take a stand against these political games instead of saying "hey, if this is how the media wants it, that's what it will be" nicki4

14 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

And you're ok with that? ari1 In this day and age where we can all use an immense online platform to spread information that is kept hidden from us, with several incredible media outlets (like MediaLens, Fair,...) that actively question and expose mainstream media narratives, you suggest we should just accept these games and allow people to play with our lives? lj1

I mean, I get what you're saying.. and I want Hillary to win at this point, but that doesn't mean the scrutiny and the distrust should end after her win anna1 To the contrary, she needs to be called out for these things and made to answer for them aretha1 I'd like to hear her explain why she and the US have been denying that Qatar and Saudi Arabia are supporting ISIS dead7 We don't just have to play to the tune of the media, and I think if more people became aware of that (through the wider dissemination of accurate information), we could actually take a stand against these political games instead of saying "hey, if this is how the media wants it, that's what it will be" nicki4

No - I'm not, but I'm not naive.

People, not just Americans, have always played to the tune of the Media, and most people are content to be stupid, or sheep and be herded along by some politician. As far as the Internet goes, that's just simply another form of Media, if you write it in a certain way, it's just as effective as traditional media. When Hillary Clinton said that common people aren't capable of making these choices, she wasn't exactly wrong. People would rather eat, and watch Kim Kardashian party at a Nightclub on E than have to deal with the scary realities of their government backing terrorist groups and starting wars in the Middle East, I don't want this to happen, but it's just the reality. 

It's sad and very depressing, but it's the world we live in - the media has been scripting her Presidency for years, and they, even the media on the internet, will do everything in their power to make sure that a little something like arming terrorist groups and cutting off your nose to spite your face won't derail it. They'll tell ordinary Americans, the ones who can really hold whoever is in charge accountable, that everything is fine - and they'll believe them, because that's how most of them are. 

I understand totally what you're saying - but it's not happening - it's just a sad fact of this world, where people give up political efficacy for drama and pets on the head. 

4 minutes ago, Mom said:

No - I'm not, but I'm not naive.

I get what you're saying and I guess it's a part of me too but then there's another part of me that thinks there's a different possibility brit12 People don't choose for that lifestyle, that's what they grow into based on societal cues. I think we can all grow out of it when new cues burst through that shell. But anyway, that's more off-topic, but just wanted to say that I understand your point, but still don't think it ends there cry9