fab

Why do none of Katy's albums match Joanne's acclaim?

Because none of her albums are worthy of being over 60 so far aretha1

It's not Katy's fault that critics don't treat Gaga equally fairly demi1 The only thing she's got going for her is that slapped on "I'm a real artist! I'm a musician!" shtick she's been pulling since day one. It automatically creates the impression that you need to take her work seriously which will lead to a very different pop review than for a Katy album who has the image of being a goofball who can't really sing bey1

@Jjang can you find that study again that showed how artists like Gaga are automatically rated higher in terms of quality because they have the reputation of being avant-garde? ayumi1

Besides, Katy's critical reception has been rising with every single album ny9 So has her tour gross bey1 And she managed to get the best selling single of her career in her last era ny6

Meanwhile Gaga is just declining, declining, declining in literally every dimension. Even her jazz album didn't get overall critical praise for being a thrown together unnecessary mess bey2 And even if this album gets better reviews than ARTPOP or BTW her peak from 2009 will still deligitimize these threads 'cause she is nowhere near being the example of a pop artist who is at the top of most levels bey4

6 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

It's not Katy's fault that critics don't treat Gaga equally fairly demi1 The only thing she's got going for her is that slapped on "I'm a real artist! I'm a musician!" shtick she's been pulling since day one. It automatically creates the impression that you need to take her work seriously which will lead to a very different pop review than for a Katy album who has the image of being a goofball who can't really sing bey1

@Jjang can you find that study again that showed how artists like Gaga are automatically rated higher in terms of quality because they have the reputation of being avant-garde? ayumi1

https://priceonomics.com/the-lady-gaga-effect-why-it-helps-to-be-eccentric/

aura1

7 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

the fucking reach lmfao1lmfao1lmfao1lmfao1 

4 minutes ago, fab said:

the fucking reach lmfao1lmfao1lmfao1lmfao1 

Why? I just said Katy's albums are average, do you really think something like Joanne is that much better than Teenage Dream? ny6 Think again. You'd be making this exact same thread if Gaga released TD instead and she'd be getting an undeservedly higher score compared to Katy releasing the average throwaway Joanne ny12 The bias is real. Realize what you're listening to.

Also, read this: https://priceonomics.com/the-lady-gaga-effect-why-it-helps-to-be-eccentric/

1 minute ago, Earth Ripper said:

Why? I just said Katy's albums are average, do you really think something like Joanne is that much better than Teenage Dream? ny6 Think again. You'd be making this exact same thread if Gaga released TD instead and she'd be getting an undeservedly higher score compared to Katy releasing the average throwaway Joanne ny12

Also, read this: https://priceonomics.com/the-lady-gaga-effect-why-it-helps-to-be-eccentric/

yes katy2  

5 minutes ago, fab said:

yes katy2 

Why is that exactly? brit15TD has plenty of pop rock songs, it has the more electronic ones like Circle the Drain and E.T. (parallelling JW and DIC), it has the ballads (Not Like the Movies is totally on par with the Joanne ones), from a songwriting perspective all those songs are on the exact same radio friendly average level brit14

If you, right now, listened to the albums of the chick in my avatar, Angel Olsen (80+ on Metacritic) you should realize that both Katy and Gaga belong in the exact same category: average, guilty pleasure pop clap1 Except Katy doesn't have to run away from her earlier flops and just keeps steadily evolving her craft without trying to deceive anyone pouring a fake ass country-ish (but not even really) vibe on songs that are just as average and underwritten as her last album rav1

And no, this isn't me being a music elitist but I can't stand pop elitists who think Gaga vastly outshines other chicks because she, unfairly, plays the "artist" / "real singer" card bey2

6 minutes ago, QUINN said:

H75Q1Xzh.jpg

Poor Prism, tho!

sis this thread is not about sales but talent and acclaim oprah11  i know these words don't exist in katycat vocabulary but i hope u can understand oprah11 

1 minute ago, fab said:

sis this thread is not about sales but talent and acclaim oprah11  i know these words don't exist in katycat vocabulary but i hope u can understand oprah11 

Sorry, can you use smaller words for me?

34 minutes ago, fab said:

not even her most acclaimed album Prism comes close to critics opinions on Joanne. Why? interesting1 

e5KyrA5.png agDXv6h.png

I mean, lets not get hasty, Chicago tribune and Spin just gave it lackluster reviews that are yet to be added in eve1

Also, I have to laugh at this battle over the low 60's metacritic score fall8

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought monsters didn't care about critics few days ago?  

Besides, Katy's critical reception has been rising with every single album So has her tour gross And she managed to get the best selling single of her career in her last era Meanwhile Gaga is j

/thread  

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.