Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

2016 GRAMMYs: Season 4

186 posts in this topic

Posting for @Alesus

Rihanna is the last to arrive to the Grammys. The carpet is fully clear, as a large black hearse pulls up. Her attendants, dressed like valiant fairytale attendants, open the back and carry out a large clear glass coffin. In it, Rihanna lies her eyes closed. As the attendants walk the coffin down the carpet, the paparazzi takes pictures of the elegant entrance. Another attendant leaves a trail of white flower petals along the carpet as the coffin is carried down.

At on point, the attendants set up the coffin vertically so the photogs can get a full shot of Rihanna and her outfit. She is dressed in a fanatical white gown decorated with gold embellishments all over. Her eyes are still closed, and black tear stains mark bother her cheeks. Her hair is styled in tight black waves and her makeup is very light and natural looking. She is wearing black, eight inch Vetements boots, and her ears are adorned with crystal earpieces. After about a minute, her coffin is picked up again and carried into the venue. What an entrance to say the least!

SLvOVA0.png

RIHANNA OPENS THE SHOW

The entire arena is hushed as both the celebrities and fans wait patiently for the opening set. All the lights are turned off, and slowly a violin begins to play a somber melody. A few more string instruments join in, and slowly the large LED screen that covers the stage begins to rise until it is full positioned above the audience at a height they can look up to see. The melody has picked up in intensity, though still slowly in tempo, and is quite dramatic now. Another LED screen lies at the back of the stage, and slowly an image of a distant horizon over a large lake fades into view. As the screen grows in brightness, the layout of the stage is revealed and a large pool covers the entirety of it. The pool’s floor is adjustable and has right now been adjusted to allow for calf-high water. 

Rihanna steps out from behind the backstage and is the first to step into the corner of the pool. She begins to take slow steps in a diagonal direction across the pool and leads a procession of 14 dancers behind her, arranged in twos. They are all wearing black flowing tulle dresses and their hair is styled in big, goofy blowouts. Rihanna’s outfit is similar to the rest, but rather than being simple black tulle, her gown is decorated  with black crystals all over the black tulle. Her lips are a dark, dull maroon and her eye makeup is smoky and golden. Her ears are adorned with luxurious gold earpieces. She continues to lead the procession with long, athletic strides as the orchestra, which is positioned on praised platform to the right of the pool, continues to play. When she reaches the middle, she stands and faces the audience who are cheering loudly, but she keeps her face straight. The dancers circle around her, and one hooks a tether to her hidden harness behind her dress.

Suddenly, the intro to ‘Velvet Tears’ kicks in, though this version is different to original studio one. It’s an orchestra-driven rework, and the synths are replaced with an entire string melody. As the song’s intro begins, the tether hoists Rihanna into the air about 30 feet, where a raised platform stage is suspended. She lands on the stage and immediately launches into the performance. As she sings the first intro, four illuminated cubes, each with a dancer inside, is lowered from the venue’s ceiling and surrounded the suspended stage. Rihanna leads into the first verse, singing, “Diamonds are beautiful/So pure that love shines through/But what of the blood spilled/trying to retrieve it/is that so beautiful too?” Her voice fills the arena and a closeup of her face is shown on the LED screen that is in front of the stage.

As she sings the verse, she stands in front of a mic stand at the center of the raised stage. Below her, on the ground pool, the dancers, are writhing and dancing around in the water to contemporary dance choreography. They splash the matte black water around at each, covering each other in “velvet tears”. At the pre-chorus, they stand up and form a ring in the center with the backs to each other. They link their hands and raise them up, and once the chorus drops, they step forward and spin around and begin splashing themselves again. At the drop, the edges of the pool are engulfed in fire pyro and the stage Rihanna is on as well as the cubes, suddenly drop about six feet. Rihanna is left dangling by the tether as she sings the chorus somberly, “i cry these velvet tears/but no one sees the sorrow/i cry these velvet tears/because I may never see tomorrow/but they see only beauty (in my tears)/and marvel unknowingly (at my fears)/they look, but they never really see/what is going on inside me/so I cry.”

The instrumental then skips over the second verse and chorus, and leads directly into bridge. The horizon visual behind the screen, slowly morphs into one of a horror stricken landscape, with all the water of the lake dried up. Rihanna is lowered onto the raised stage again, and she begins to sing the bridge. As she sings, explosions go off in the visuals behind her. The pool floor of the stage below ahs now been lowered, and the dancers in the illuminated cubes suddenly plummeted into the pool one by one, symbolizing the loss of talent due to not receiving help. As, Rihanna leads into the final chorus, the dancers that feel into the pool, resurface as still bodies with the eyes closed. The dancers who had been dancing below now pull out their lifeless bodies, leaving the pool empty. Alas, Rihanna sings the last word of the song, and stans at the edge of the stage with her back to the crowd, and her hands out. The music cuts off suddenly, and for about five seconds, the arena is filled with the sound of a beating heart. Then Rihanna falls back, and plummets straight into the pool. These words appear on the LED screen behind the stage: So I die, so I die. Will not live a lie. Now I die, but soon again I shall rise.”

After about ten seconds, the images switches to an aerial view of the black water pool. The water is still for a second…before suddenly Rihanna’s lifeless body rises to the top. The view of the pool is a zoomed out one, so slowly the camera zooms in until her face is fully in the frame. Her eyes are closed and she is still but a white flower is in her mouth. The camera remains tight on her still face for about seven seconds until…

…Her eyes twitch suddenly, and all the lights as well as the LEDs power out completely. The audience erupts into  applause, as the front LED covers the stage once more and the performance comes to a close.

SLvOVA0.png

ACN0IXm.jpg

Scott Gardner presented the first category tonight: Best Dance Recording

And the nominees for Best Dance Recording are....

Maxence- Me & The Mirror

Lily Allen- Bitter Memories

Britney Spears- Fingertips

Kelly Clarkson- Masquerade [Audio]

Lorde- Fire and Brimestone

And the winner is...........

SLvOVA0.png

ACN0IXm.jpg

And the winner for : Best Dance Recording is....

Maxence- Me & The Mirror

8IxtEM4.png

Congratulations! This is Maxence's first Grammy award. 

Me & The Mirror was released on June 26, 2o16. Since then, the single peaked at #2 selling over 3m copies worldwide and its video has over 330m views.

will this ever leave my reply box.

*Rita claps and cheers for her daddy Maxence*

OH MY GOD THANK YOU SO MUCH IO NEVER EXPECTED THIS JUSTICE FOR FINGERTIPS OKAY THANK YOU TO ELITE FOR BELIEVING IN ME WARNER FOR FUNDING ME MY PARENTS FOR MAKING MY FANS FOR SIUPPORTING ME DANJA FOR PRIDUCING THIS LOVE YALL BYE GCFHJUI

SLvOVA0.png

\cuRcFor.jpg

Britney Spears congratulated Maxence and presented the second category tonight: Best Dance/Electronic Album.

And the nominees for Best Dance/Electronic Album are....

Lorde- Reflection

Maxence- Night Air

Belinda- Rebirth

Kelly Clarkson- Masquerade

Emma Roberts- Golden Girl: The EP

And the winner is...........

•  

SLvOVA0.png

\cuRcFor.jpg

Britney Spears: And the winner for Best Dance/Electronic Album is....

Lorde- Reflection

Layer42.png

This is Lorde's first Grammy award tonight. As of today, Reflection sold over 7m copies worldwide and generated two #1 hits 'Inescapable' and 'Summer of '82'. The album is critically acclaimed with a total score of 75 on Metacritic.

"WOW! Wow, really didn't expect to win this. Didn't really expect to win any award. Uh... Don't really know what to say. Is Max in the crowd? Or is he still backstage crying. Oh, he's here! HI MAX! Wow, okay, uh... Thanks so much! really means a lot. I'll be backstage stuffing my mouth with h'ourdervs, good luck everyone!"