Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

2016 GRAMMYs: Season 4

186 posts in this topic

Max might have won a Grammy, but he sure lost all concept of Grammar & sense!

•  

SLvOVA0.png

\cuRcFor.jpg

Britney Spears: Before we move on to our next performer, The GRAMMYs have a little surprise for you. She's a worldwide superstar, performed at the Super Bowl two years ago but now...she's back. And big time. Debuting this week with a #1 single, GRAMMYs and I are proud to give you a sneak peak to what's to come.

Lanatics, in 10...

SLvOVA0.png

MARIAH CAREY AND CELINE DION STUNS WITH ACROSS THE HALLWAY REMIX

5fcHYmR.png

The performance begins with whispers of people being heard within the background as the stage was pitch black. The whispers gradually becomes louder and louder before the screen on stage lights up to show a foggy stage. Mariah Carey's silhouette/shadow was seen to be in the background. However, she was chained up with shackles on both her hands and her legs as she sat on what seems like a golden throne. We could clearly hear the sound of the shackles shaking as a monologue that's told by Mariah Carey began to play within the background, saying: "It took me a long time to get here. I am on top of the world. I see the beauty of fame, and how it has changed my life." As the monologue plays within the background, the screen on the stage showed a video of a female figure, presumed to be Mariah, walking towards the golden throne that's similar to the one on stage. "But is this really what I really want?", the monologue says as a thunderstorm as the lights on stage abruptly dims out "As I begin to venture into the dark side, I slowly began to get drawn into it myself. Time after time, curiosity gets the best of me. Why do I bother to even know what these people are saying behind my back? Why do I care so much?.....," the monologue featuring Mariah's voice on it echoes and drifts off for a moment.

LzcrCRP.png
RX1o7yK.png

The intro of the song begins to play as the lights brightens up, to show a huge holographic castle (D) behind Mariah as she continues to sit within her throne, before she began to sing the first verse and prechorus of the song. As she reaches the first chorus of the song, two man appeared, as they grabbed a hammer and broke the shackles that had trapped Mariah. She walked until the edge of the stage, before doing eye contact with the camera as the camera move around her to show Mariah in a 360 degree angle. During the second verse and prechorus of the song, the lights begin to flicker between dark and light, to represent Mariah's uncertainty and feeling of curiosity to want to give in.  Soon after the chorus, Mariah Carey walks back to the golden throne, in a very slow, chameleon-esque manner… as if she’s trying to be slick. As soon as she sits on the throne the sound of shattering glass emerges as fog intensifies and the lights dim. Sounds of echo’ing, seductive breathing is played via playback as the audience is entranced.

dfm94c9.png

The silhouette of another woman is shown with a spotlight, as blue and red lights begin to invade the stage, shining incredibly bright, with the sound of police sirens blaring the stage and venue. “I HEAR YOU MIMI, I’LL TELL ‘EM!” as everything comes to a dramatic stop in terms of the music and sound. The sound of smoke exhaustingly puffing takes over with the dramatic pause, as the smoke clears and the lights emerge to reveal the mystery woman — it’s Céline Dion. She begins to strut as she’s perched next to Mariah on her throne, up into the front of the stage as the sound of clunking high heels and the remixed beat comes in. “If these walls could talk, you’d attempt to be persuasive / And ignore the fact that, you’re being invasive / Cut me a check, and I’ll provide some entertainment / But my fee, doesn’t come with beneficial patience” — Céline spits almost aggressively, with a lot of swag as Mariah comfortably sits on her throne bopping and belts out an “I’mma need a little more for that,” as an incredible ad-lib.

S5DWnVQ.png

Céline struts left of the stage, right of the stage, and stays center. She’s wearing a very fierce dress that almost matches Mariah’s color scheme, as Céline’s look is a little slimmer and rugged, while Mariah’s is more extravagant and lush. (X) Céline’s energy is POPPING as she’s all over the place, making references to Phantom Of The Opera, Christmas Reindeer, previous collaborations with Mariah Carey and more. At one point Céline literally spits saliva at she goes HARD saying “I’m on that Veronica Shining, you’re just Nancy Drew / Still perched up at Toys-R-Us, stuck playing Guess Who?” as Mariah laughs in the background and continues to glow, enjoying Céline’s company. Céline backs up into the center stage smoothly as Mariah gets up and meets Céline halfway, as Céline places her arms out as if she’s tryna calm her instigator down saying with a very sassy tone, “So if you wanna meet me up, in my hallway / Well first you gon’ have to get, through the doorway”.

YCVJn3C.png

After Céline finishes her verse from the remix, the both of them kick the golden throne down, before the fog begins to overwhelm the entire stage as red and white lights begin to flicker within the background. The holographic castle slowly vanishes into the background as the fog consumes the entire stage. Both Mariah and Céline was covered slightly by the fog as they moved around the stage vigorously and was filled with energy. Mariah then walked alone as the outro of the song slowly plays out, leaving the main stage and reaching another platform stage that's near the audience. A dark electro-beat was heard within the background slightly as Mariah sat down upon the foggy stage. The monologue was heard once again. "It's time for me to venture into the night. Where I'll enjoy and find comfort within the darkness of this light", as Mariah sings lightly and softly. Dim blue lights shone upon Mariah to showcase a "glass" effect, as if she was made of glass, before the performance ends.

Soon after the stunning and phenomenal performance by Mariah and Celine, the album cover for Arcane shows brightly on screen of the stage within the background.

2yk894g.png

AUDIO STREAM OF THE REMIX

SLvOVA0.png

Kr4aIac.jpg

Zendaya and Rita Ora presented the third category tonight: Best R&B Song

And the nominees for Best R&B Song are....

Rihanna- Velvet Tears

Christina Milian- Secrets (Feat. Jeremih)

Harry Styles- My Hands

Mariah Carey- Shadows

Beyonce- Hard Cash

And the winner is...........

SLvOVA0.png

Kr4aIac.jpg

Zendaya and Rita Ora: And the winner for Best R&B Song is....

Christina Milian- Secrets (Feat. Jeremih)

QodasBv.png

Congratulations Christina! This is Christina's first Grammy award. 'Secrets (Feat. Jeremih)' is the second single off the #1 album 'Quote Me On It'. The single peaked at #4 and has already sold 1.5m copies worldwide!

[Christina accepts award]
Wow... I'm, absolutely in shock right now. Coming here tonight, I was just excited to be in the presence of such phenomenal artists, and was just humbled to be able to perform my own music as well. Winning was something I had never even thought of, and I'm just- WOW. Thank you so much to Jeremih firstly, for getting on this song with me. Without him, there wouldn't be the amazing chemistry that you guys love so much on the track. We just dropped the music video for it, so check it out if you haven't! Also shoutout to my team for believing in me and fighting for me and my vision 100% of the time. This single, and new album, is truly my best work and so for it to win a GRAMMY is just surreal. I just want to thank the fans finally, and most importantly, as well as God. Without y'all this wouldn't be possible. Keep working hard and focus on achieving your dreams - you put your mind to it enough and things will happen! Thank you; enjoy the rest of the night!