Entea

Hilary Duff apologizes for 'racist' halloween costumes

2 minutes ago, Semeria said:

Sushi isn't appropriation, that's actually one of the many ways of sharing cultures in America rip3

Besides why couldn't he have fun in a costume that has nothing to do with cheaply poking fun at someone's heritage moo5

Thank you for being another sane person fall2 

1 minute ago, KILLS said:

YOU CAN'T BE "RACIST AGAINST WHITE PEOPLE" dead4

What the actual fuck are these comments you guys? I've never truly been disappointed with anyone on here until now ew1 

I wasn't being serious but these americans are so sensitive dead2

You're forgetting that children will be wearing the same costumes, are you saying that their thinking about if it will come across as rascist? dead2

5 minutes ago, KILLS said:

YOU CAN'T BE "RACIST AGAINST WHITE PEOPLE" dead4

What the actual fuck are these comments you guys? I've never truly been disappointed with anyone on here until now ew1 

racism is racism tho rip2  plus nobody is complaining here about racism towards white ppl,  this is only an american issue, noboy in the rest of the world believes or feel offended by that crap outside of Tumblr kids who think they are better than the rest of the world for calling out ppl rip2

5 minutes ago, Sheezus said:

Non of it is racist ew2

I used to believe this shit about 'cultural appropriation' shit until I realised it made no sense ew2

People saying it's just as bad as blackface is fucking stupid ew1

- end transmission -

clap3

4 minutes ago, Semeria said:

Sushi isn't appropriation, that's actually one of the many ways of sharing cultures in America

Besides why couldn't he have fun in a costume that has nothing to do with cheaply poking fun at someone's heritage

3 minutes ago, KILLS said:

A sushi restaurant isn't cultural appropriation

I'll be the first to say that plenty of people label something culturally appropriate when it's not, but to completely erase it when something IS racist, is not only arrogant, but racist in itself.

some people even get mad about that and call it that way tho rip2

2 minutes ago, Sheezus said:

You can be racist to white people tea1

Seriously. definitions aren't too hard to understand, for example you can't do blackface with white paint on your face dressing up as a white person, as that's not the definition, of course you can be racist toward every race. jj4 

Just now, Entea said:

I wasn't being serious but these americans are so sensitive dead2

You're forgetting that children will be wearing the same costumes, are you saying that their thinking about if it will come across as rascist? dead2

No, of course not! Kids aren't educated enough to know this shit - I mean, half of y'all are yet to even understand - but their parents or older siblings should know better.

I'm not trying to label y'all as racist, I just don't understand why you can't listen to what is being said without attacking everything and anything that you don't understand.

1 minute ago, Tampon said:

Seriously. definitions aren't too hard to understand, for example you can't do blackface with white paint on your face dressing up as a white person, as that's not the definition, of course you can be racist toward every race. jj4 

Racism towards white people doesn't exist because they have been not historically been discriminated against. Racism is not merely about attacking someone for their race, you have to consider the exact history that is associated with that attack. 

1 minute ago, KILLS said:

I'm not trying to label y'all as racist, I just don't understand why you can't listen to what is being said without attacking everything and anything that you don't understand.

because it's only an America thing, granted i know your country have a lot of issues with discrimination & racism, but the culture apporpiation thing sometimes is way too much, neither he or she wasnt doing a bad thing with the costumes or disrespecting the culture doing something nasty/creepy, they just choosed that costume instead of a something slutty or creepy

Just now, KILLS said:

Racism towards white people doesn't exist because they have been not historically been discriminated against. Racism is not merely about attacking someone for their race, you have to consider the exact history that is associated with that attack. 

dictionary says no

9 minutes ago, KILLS said:

No, of course not! Kids aren't educated enough to know this shit - I mean, half of y'all are yet to even understand - but their parents or older siblings should know better.

It looks like there will be no halloween as people might get offensive dead2

Halloween wasn't introduced for a weapon of racism but it lools like Americans have turned it that way. Yes I can understand why some outfits can upset people but most are not intensional and are just to 'scare people'. Correct me if im wrong but that sums up what halloween is about.

Just now, Sheezus said:

When someone brings up that white people had black slaves... so... bad... duh.. ayumi1

Who do you think sold off a lot black slaves to white people? nat1

Who generally owned the most slaves percentage wise? nat1

Free black people nat2

Interesting isn't it bey2

This is absolutely not relevant to the discussion here in any way.... jj4 

38 minutes ago, KILLS said:

Pilgrim culture

Tf is pilgrim culture? jj4 They were just religious Europeans that wanted to leave their country and invaded the Americas jj4 How does one "appropriate" a fucking pilgrim jj4 

4 minutes ago, Peter Cat said:

because it's seen as cultural appropriation 

that's some bullshit invented in tumblr tho eve1

Someone wears a kimono*

*The rest of the world:  oh shit, that's cool , where u get that? what that thing means? how do u use it? what does that mean?

*AMERICA;  bitch!! FUCKING RACIST!! That's culture appropiation ass*, i hope u burn in hell

see... that's the difference on how the rest of the world see that thing orangu1

There is nothing racist or discriminatory about wearing a kimono honestly.

What Donald Trump does is racist. Saying things like "all Mexicans are rapists". That's racism by definition. Racial discrimination is what a lot of POC face in white-dominated countries. Being discriminated for being part of a race. Racial discrimination stems from racism. Racism is the labeling of a group of ppl as a "race" and associating certain characteristics/traits/stereotypes with their appearance/heritage.

How is wearing a kimono racist or racially discriminating if it's done to show appreciation for Japanese culture?

What's actually racist and discriminatory is people like Dylan Marron trying to dictate what white people should be allowed to do or not and starting his video off by saying "hey, white people" as if they were a homogeneous group that all match the people he criticizes. Literally racist by definition.

Posted from my iPhone using the FOTP app

3 minutes ago, Sheezus said:

When someone brings up that white people had black slaves... so... bad... duh.. ayumi1

Who do you think sold off a lot black slaves to white people? nat1

Who generally owned the most slaves percentage wise? nat1

Free black people nat2

Interesting isn't it bey2

Oh boy you're really gonna try to justify slavery now .... ... jj4