Entea

Hilary Duff apologizes for 'racist' halloween costumes

Just now, Sheezus said:

When someone brings up that white people had black slaves... so... bad... duh.. ayumi1

Who do you think sold off a lot black slaves to white people? nat1

Who generally owned the most slaves percentage wise? nat1

Free black people nat2

Interesting isn't it bey2

Slavery isn't really the problem, that was more of a Spanish thing anyway. It was the following years of making not just blacks but literally everyone feel like shit in America. They were lynching natives, Mexicans, and Asians just as much as blacks. But if you were educated, you'd know that.

How tf did he not know it'd be offensive jj4 Fucking red paint too jj4 I usually can't stand SJWs when they try to turn every little thing into cultural appropriation, but in this case it's fucking blatant that it's offensive jj4 

3 minutes ago, Americunt said:

This is absolutely not relevant to the discussion here in any way.... jj4 

I was referring to someone who talked about white people being oppressors in history, as if it was something so black and white.

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Oh boy you're really gonna try to justify slavery now .... ... jj4 

How? Tell me where I justified slavery.

Pulling a Lana:

If the present will be the past in the future and people are slowly starting to drag, oppress and discriminate white people, doesn't that mean that they will have been discriminated in the future? Would racism towards white people exist by then? [emoji848]

Just now, frankgutz said:

that's some bullshit invented in tumblr tho eve1

Someone wears a kimono*

*The rest of the world:  h shit, that's cook , where u get that? what that thing means? how do u use it? what does that mean?

*AMERICA;  bitch!! FUCKING RACIST!! That's culture appropiation ass*, i hope u burn in hell

see... that's the difference on how the rest of the world see that thing orangu1

no,that's wrong.Cultural Appropiation comes from Social Studies but I guess they say this because some people mock other cultures see with Latins (especially Mexicans),black culture (even race,see the blackface) and so on,Japanese actually are really open about it instead,they appreciate If you embrace their culture,I guess wearing clothes is all about cultural differences,you know what I mean ? 

5 minutes ago, Semeria said:

Slavery isn't really the problem, that was more of a Spanish thing anyway. It was the following years of making not just blacks but literally everyone feel like shit in America. They were lynching natives, Mexicans, and Asians just as much as blacks. But if you were educated, you'd know that.

This has nothing to do with the point I made. I was pointing out a fact. You had no way of knowing that I didn't know about other immigrants struggles in North America. Maybe actually read what I said. hottie1

Still white, just saying, also slavery is basically and everyone thing, but if you were educated you would know that hottie1

3 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

There is nothing racist or discriminatory about wearing a kimono honestly.

This isn't about a Kimono, though....? There's a difference between different styles of native dress and their cultural significance. Anyone can wear a kimono and not offend anyone, because there's nothing culturally significant about it. It's just something that Japanese people created and shared with the world.

Native Americans have culturally significant clothing that's specifically meant for ritual purposes. Wearing a headdress like he's doing is not okay. It'd be like wearing a priest's vestments when you're not a priest, but arguably even more offensive as he's neither from the tribe nor knows anything about their religious traditions.

2 minutes ago, Sheezus said:

I was referring to someone who talked about white people being oppressors in history, as if it was something so black and white.

Jim Crow laws did exist and affected anyone who wasn't white. Using a statistic like that really does boil down to massaging the truth about slavery. Sure, black people owned other black slaves, but societally, Social Darwninism was in full swing. Don't whitewash history; slavery was fucking horrible and attitudes towards non-white people were not great up until very recently.

5 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

So apparently I can't paint my face nowadays cause it's going to be a cultural appropriation? jj4

Or just because I am white I can't wear dreadlocks? jj4

2016 needs to end ASAP jj4

basically

3 minutes ago, Peter Cat said:

no,that's wrong.Cultural Appropiation comes from Social Studies but I guess they say this because some people mock other cultures see with Latins (especially Mexicans),black culture (even race,see the blackface) and so on,Japanese actually are really open about it instead,they appreciate If you embrace their culture,I guess wearing clothes is all about cultural differences,you know what I mean ? 

im mexican, and even we make fun of ourselfs, not a big deal tbh jj4 

1 minute ago, Fearless said:

Cultural appropriation is the notion of taking something from a specific culture, erasing its context and diluting it's meaning until the meaning and significance has totally changed. For example,  the swastika being appropriated by the Nazi party. I don't think the cultural significance of the kimono or bindi is gonna be erased anytime soon

oh, that's interesting, so i guess they did nothing wrong after all, thanks for the info

1 minute ago, Fearless said:

Cultural appropriation is the notion of taking something from a specific culture, erasing its context and diluting it's meaning until the meaning and significance has totally changed. For example,  the swastika being appropriated by the Nazi party. I don't think the cultural significance of the kimono or bindi is gonna be erased anytime soon

This. but I guess some cultures are more open than others when it comes to borrow things,you know what I mean ?

To be honest we probably wouldn't be dealing with this had George Zimmerman gone to jail for shooting Treyvon Martin.

The fact that this one case propelled an entire movement in the US especially among young Americans. It's so weird looking at past events and realizing how much impact they had. Back then you wouldn't believe that case would be seen as one of the most important historical events in the future.

Posted from my iPhone using the FOTP app

1 minute ago, Americunt said:

Jim Crow laws did exist and affected anyone who wasn't white. Using a statistic like that really does boil down to massaging the truth about slavery. Sure, black people owned other black slaves, but societally, Social Darwninism was in full swing. Don't whitewash history; slavery was fucking horrible and attitudes towards non-white people were not great up until very recently.

I wasn't trying to justify or defend what white people did, I was putting it in perspective. I know and understand fully well white people's wrong doings in history against other races and that collectively they have the worst history of being oppressive. Also I understand how it has effected people today and how those wrong doings are still relevant.

Thanks for that bit of info, I didn't know that.