#69 Shout Out To My Ex

#78 Perfect Illusion

Spoiler

@Tasso thanks for the chart sia3 

3 hours ago, LanaxGaga said:

Nnnnn these are kinda weakorangu1

MR was #1 for like a day, so i expected a Top 40 position with it

We need the audience to stream the album.gif

Nah, it sold around 50k, had less than 3.3m streams and 0 radio. In comparison PI sold 100k, had like 8m streams and a radio deal, but debuted at #15. iTunes charts on their own don't translate to chart success nowadays.

10 minutes ago, John Wayne said:

nice... but, yeah, still low dead4

like, MR was slaying kworb for several days... and.... 57 dead4

MR has really good digital sales right now, but it still has 0 radio support and it's still getting minimal streams across all platforms. As opposed to "Closer" and "Starboy" which are currently MASSIVE with digital sales, radio airplay, and streaming combined. It's really no shock that MR isn't top 40 yet lol. dead4

Just now, Alejandreaux said:

MR has really good digital sales right now, but it still has 0 radio support and it's still getting minimal streams across all platforms. As opposed to "Closer" and "Starboy" which are currently MASSIVE with digital sales, radio airplay, and streaming combined. It's really no shock that MR isn't top 40 yet lol. dead4

i'm sick of streaming dead4 make it stop already dead4

I told you that iTunes positions are not a good indicator for a high position on the BB charts.

Why does no one ever listen to me? um2 I also think that looking at the chart position now, A-YO could have stayed the second single. It would surely get more radio support than MR.

Posted from my iPhone using the FOTP app

i'm sick of streaming dead4 make it stop already dead4

Streaming is the best indicator of what's popular with the GP. You can't manipulate streaming but you can manipulate airplay and radio A LOT. Streaming >>>> radio

This is exactly why Gaga needs a good bop like DIC, John Wayne or A-YO as single. Ballads are always very risky single choices unless they are some kind of power ballads like Hello or have a catchy melody like Someone Like You.

29 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

I told you that iTunes positions are not a good indicator for a high position on the BB charts.

Why does no one ever listen to me? um2 I also think that looking at the chart position now, A-YO could have stayed the second single. It would surely get more radio support than MR.

No one ever listens to you because your posts are full of bullshit. you're always so quick to count out/underestimate everything gaga does. I bet you didnt expect that 200k opening ;) just like you don't expect MR to do well eve1 why would anyone listen to a guy who's ignorant and pretentious enough to say some bullshit like "gaga will NEVER have a hit ballad." trash1 

OF COURSE itunes positions are not a good indicator of hot 100 positions because that chart is based on SALES, STREAMING AND AIRPLAY. MR has literally 0 airplay and streaming. The fact that it was so damn high (#1) on itunes after 2 promo spots is a PERFECT indicator that the GP is here for the song. Promotion is NOT effective if people don't like the material. Like, if it was so easy for a song to go to #1 on Itunes after promo, then every song performed on big shows would hit the #1 spot afterwards and that CERTAINLY isn't the case. MR went to #1 on itunes because of a VIRAL performance. It was OBVIOUS that the song wasnt gonna remain at the top spot for long because IT HAS NO AIRPLAY brit4 or a music video to help with streaming brit4 

it's being sent to radios on the 8th and it will comeback in a few weeks. 

oh and btw, MR only topped the itunes charts for the last 3 tracking days of the week, so it's not like it got a full week to shine. (on sales) 

31 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

Streaming is the best indicator of what's popular with the GP. You can't manipulate streaming but you can manipulate airplay and radio A LOT. Streaming >>>> radio

This is exactly why Gaga needs a good bop like DIC, John Wayne or A-YO as single. Ballads are always very risky single choices unless they are some kind of power ballads like Hello or have a catchy melody like Someone Like You.

Gaga isn't aiming to click with the Spotify audience this time around cause her album is actually selling and has POTENTIAL to sell. Spotify people don't buy albums. Why do you think Dangerous Woman hasn't even hit 270k in pure sales 6 months after its release DESPITE having 3 mega hits on streaming? eve1

like, I understand that Spotify/streaming is a big deal, but Gaga is past the hit single phase in her career and the opening numbers for Joanne prove that.  The fact that she was able to hit 170k in HARD sales with a mega flop single that spent one week in the top 40... dead2 and the fact that her 2nd week sales are only looking to drop 67% when all of her past albums have done 80%+ drops proves that it's not only her fanbase who are supporting her this time around sass1 

MR is the RIGHT choice for right now. It's about to be Winter and this song will sell the album. It probably won't be a huge hit song, but it's gonna push the album to GOLD and over the sales of the "it girls" of present day like Ariana and Selena who can't even scan 500k copies in hard sales despite being massive streaming forces.