Hillary sinking in polls

1 minute ago, LanaxGaga said:

Mind to explain why Florida is important? oprah12 (I'm not american and i struggle to understand their presidential election process laughcry1)

Sure. The US has an electoral vote system, and you need the majority of electoral votes (270) to win. Florida has 29.

21 minutes ago, LanaxGaga said:

Mind to explain why Florida is important? oprah12 (I'm not american and i struggle to understand their presidential election process laughcry1)

The biggest states in terms of electoral votes are California (55), New York (31), Texas (34), Pennsylvania (21), Illinois (20), and Florida (29). If either candidate wins all of these states, he or she has got the jackpot. But what makes Florida a more important state than those aforementioned, is that it's a winner-take-all state. In summary, if Clinton wins Florida, all of the 29 electoral votes will go to her, and vice-versa.

20 minutes ago, Jake said:

Sure. The US has an electoral vote system, and you need the majority of electoral votes (270) to win. Florida has 29.

1 minute ago, Halcyon said:

The biggest states in terms of electoral votes are California (55), New York (31), Texas (34), Pennsylvania (21), Illinois (20), and Florida (29). If either candidate wins all of these states, he or she has got the jackpot. But what makes Florida a more important state than those aforementioned, is that it's a winner-take-all state. In summary, if Clinton wins Florida, all of the 29 electoral votes will go to her, and vice-versa.

Thanks guys clap3

7 minutes ago, LanaxGaga said:

Thanks guys clap3

To add on to what @Halcyon said, some states are strictly Republican or Democratic, such as California and Texas. Those two are Democratic and Republican respectively, but Florida is special. It doesn't have a side it will always go to; it's a toss up every election. So, both parties campaign HARD there.

It's all Russia and the FBI's fault and the fact that she's a woman!

....OR maybe the decades of corruption, lying, cheating, warmongering, hunger for power, shady deals, lack of leadership,  cozying with elitists at the expense of the working class, rigging of the primaries and so many other SUBSTANTIVE, factual reasons she's a terrible candidate are to blame. I mean, Trump is an incompetent, bigoted monster and she's bareeeely able to hang on despite all her money and media favoring  and him continuing to shoot himself in the foot. 

I still prefer that Trump loses of course, but this is her and her team's fault. There's a reason she's literally the most disliked and untrusted democratic candidate EVER. 

If a real progressive female without all those skeletons in her closet were running, like Elizabeth Warren, she'd be SHITTING all over Trump.

2 hours ago, HeatSeeker said:

....OR maybe the decades of corruption, lying, cheating, warmongering, hunger for power, shady deals, lack of leadership,  cozying with elitists at the expense of the working class, rigging of the primaries and so many other SUBSTANTIVE, factual reasons she's a terrible candidate are to blame. I mean, Trump is an incompetent, bigoted monster and she's bareeeely able to hang on despite all her money and media favoring  and him continuing to shoot himself in the foot. 

I still prefer that Trump loses of course, but this is her and her team's fault. There's a reason she's literally the most disliked and untrusted democratic candidate EVER. 

If a real progressive female without all those skeletons in her closet were running, like Elizabeth Warren, she'd be SHITTING all over Trump.

zzz1 

2 hours ago, HeatSeeker said:

clap3

3 hours ago, HeatSeeker said:

Finally some actual tea legend1

14 minutes ago, Cady Heron said:

The majority thought here in the UK that brexit would never happen and everyone would vote remain, it was a huge shock when it went against the polls and everyone voted out... hope the same doesn't happen with Trump, it's looking likely. awk1

That was such a holy shit moment... and I swear a lot of the people who were for it and campaigning for it didn't think they would actually win and seemed a bit shellshocked too

1 hour ago, HeatSeeker said:

Trump being worse doesn't mean we should ignore Hillary's startling, dangerous shortcomings.  Unfortunately for you, people are beginning to wake up (hence her struggling to win against a clown right now).

People are beginning to "wake up"? lmfao1

Hillary has been the target of these far right and now far left attacks for the past thirty years  and unfortunately for you, she's still going stronger than ever. 

Sorry 'bout it sass1 

12 minutes ago, Hot as Ice said:

That was such a holy shit moment... and I swear a lot of the people who were for it and campaigning for it didn't think they would actually win and seemed a bit shellshocked too

Exactly! I hope the same thing doesn't happen with Trump, it just shows that these things do happen. Hilary winning is NOT a sure thing, unfortunately. 

Is Hillary a flawed candidate? YES. Is Hillary a flawed human being? YES. Can any of you find someone who isn't? NO.

Y'all can attempt to utilize these Trump talking points all you want, but all you're doing is enabling him. Attempting to justify Trump's rise by claiming that it's a result of voters "waking up" to Hillary's "corruption" is intellectually dishonest and downright absurd. Trump is doing so well because he has capitalized off of and exploited the hopes and fears of racist, bigoted, misogynistic, xenophobic, homophobic deplorables and the handful of Republicans who are just supporting him because he's their nominee. Trump isn't just a "clown" (as you've referred to him as); he's the most dangerous person to ever run for President of the United States (according to many, including your boy Bernie Sanders who has endorsed, campaigned and will vote for Hillary Clinton on Tuesday). These attempts to belittle the threat he actually is to democracy and freedom as we know it by calling him a "clown" or any other seemingly harmless jest is precisely the reason why he's the Republican Nominee for President of the United States today. 

Hillary isn't perfect, but when you look at her stance of the issues, I am confident 110% that she will protect and further the accomplishments of both President Obama and Senator Sanders. That's why she recruited Bernie for her college affordability initiatives, that's why both Bernie and Barack are hitting the campaign trail for her, because they know that she is the ONLY candidate that will protect and defend the progress that we have made.

But if you want marriage equality overturned, if you want women to face "some kind of punishment" for being in charge of their reproductive health rights, if you want a wall between Mexico and the United States built, if you want Muslims to be deported/made to wear special identification to mark their religion, if you want Latino-Americans to be deported, if you want straight conversion therapy camps for LGBTQ+ Americans, if you want the wealthy to receive tax breaks and face the same kind of failed, trickle-down economics of the Bush eras, if you want us to "bomb the shit" out of ISIS, if you want a commander in chief who thinks he knows more than the generals do, if you want a president who thinks its okay to mock a disabled reporter, or claim that blacks are uneducated, without jobs, living in "the ghettos", if you want a president that fat shames women and openly brags about sexually assaulting them, keep going after Hillary. Because at this point, you're just supporting Donald Trump's narrative.

Idk about you, but I'm going to continue my work to help elect a woman who will fight for other women and children and families, as she's done her entire adult career. I'm going to help elect someone who understands the work we need to do to end institutional and systemic racism and reform our flawed and biased criminal justice system. I'm going to help elect someone who will fight for the middle class, and not just the 1%. I'm going to help elect someone who will protect Planned Parenthood and fight for female reproductive rights. I'm going to help elect someone who will help me, as an African-American gay male, knock down some of the barriers that I face in my life. I'm going to help elect Hillary Clinton because, as I've seen for the past 14 months while working on her campaign, she is a proven leader and is easily the most qualified candidate to ever run for President of the United States.

You can check out https://www.hillaryclinton.com/ for events near you, opportunities to volunteer and to make a donation. Y'all can look backwards and focus on false innuendo, debunked conspiracy theories and thirty years of character assassination, but I'm going to look forward to a decisive victory on November 8th.

Have a good one! rav1