Mr. Mendes

Oops!... I Did It Again, Onyx Hotel, The Circus Starring Britney Spears: The Lost Tours

In 2000, Britney Spears embarked on her second (third if you count the Crazy2K tour as a separate tour) concert tour, and her first world wide tour, the Oops!... I Did It Again World Tour.  There were three TV special airings of the show. The first was a FOX special titled Britney Spears: There's No Place Like Home and featured a majority of the show from the Louisiana Superdome along with behind the scenes footage. The second broadcast was aired on Sky1 and was titled Britney Spears Live in Concert. This special featured the full show from the Wembley Arena in London, England. The third and final broadcast was on DirectTV from Rock in Rio , titled Britney Spears: Rock in Rio 2000. It featured the full show from the Rock in Rio Festival Grounds, also known as City of Rock. 

In 2004, Britney Spears embarked on her fourth (fifth if you count the Crazy2K tour as a separate tour) concert tour, the Onyx Hotel Tour. There were TV special airings of the show. The first was a special aired on ShowTime titled Britney Spears Live in Miami: The Onyx Hotel Tour. The special featured the entire show from the American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida. The second broadcast was from the Rock in Rio Lisboa festival. The broadcast was known as Britney Spears Rock in Rio Lisboa 2004. It featured the full show from the Parque da Bela Vista in Lisbon, Portugal. 

In 2008, Britney Spears embarked on her fifth (sixth if you count Crazy2K as a separate tour) concert tour, The Circus Starring Britney Spears. There were no television broadcasts of the show, however there was heavy speculation among media and fans that the show in Las Vegas was to be filmed in 3D for a theatrical release. Soon after, professional footage of the Copenhagen show leaked online. Perez Hilton then said a DVD was in production after a trailer of professional material appeared online. Despite this, no official release of the show, television or otherwise, appeared despite professional footage existing.

What these all have in common is that they came and went, becoming unavailable to fans unless they viewed it online or in a bootleg form. My question is...what happened? Why did these tours never get an official home video release? Especially Oops! and Onyx who already went through the production. Some footage of Onyx appeared in the Britney & Kevin: Chaotic DVD however nowhere close to the full show. What happened to these recordings when they left TV? What happened to the Circus footage?

I really hate they didn't release these on dvd. I love the Oops tour! I have bootleg copies of these tours though so I guess that works. lol They still need officially released though. It would make us Britney fans very happy!