Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

phugphag

Mariah stats to get u PRESSED!

And as I predicted a couple of posts ago, you start getting personal when you realize deep down that you are wrong and have no more sensible arguments to use +laughcry+

oh fuck off, you clearly hate Mariah. Having that hag fanning herself in your avatar, along with the mess and contraditions you been spewing in this thread are clear indicators. But then again, Fossildonna stans have been leaking blood from their asslips since Mariah emerged in 1990 ny7.gif' alt='ny6'> and I can fucking see why ny2 Now take a seat and TRY for a second to prove my stats wrong, with receipts, cos you fucking know your dumb ass cant ny7.gif' alt='ny6'>

Oh fucking please, you have posted NOTHING of relevance to this thread. Mariah could easily have made 1m a day if she was selling a few million per week boo. Easily.

Yeah you fucking deluded twat. You think AIWFC is not remembered? ny2 I cant at your fucking retarded ghetto mentality.

Yeah I take stats from other sites and I'm 'deluded'? ny2 I cant. Fucking know now why they say Hagdonna stans are so bitter @ Mariah. Pathetic predictable kweer is pathetic +shrug+ Stay paying $400 to see an aging hag relive her glory days ny2

When the fuck did I say AIWFCIY is not remembered? +laughcry++laughcry+ Now you are putting words in my mouth because you have nothing else to say? +laughcry++laughcry+

And I see that you're the one bitter at Madonna :tehe2: I haven't even mentioned her in a while but the fact that you brought her into this shows just how pressed you are at her. Stay mad Pipi, I ain't gonna say anything to change that :tehe2:

oh fuck off, you clearly hate Mariah. Having that hag fanning herself in your avatar, along with the mess and contraditions you been spewing in this thread are clear indicators. But then again, Fossildonna stans have been leaking blood from their asslips since Mariah emerged in 1990 ny7.gif' alt='ny6'> and I can fucking see why ny2 Now take a seat and TRY for a second to prove my stats wrong, with receipts, cos you fucking know your dumb ass cant ny7.gif' alt='ny6'>

I already provided receipts for the 5 million opening and it is pretty clear that those were first shipment numbers and not "sold first week" numbers. As for the money she was making, I still think they sound bullshit but I have no receipts so fine +shrug+

And I said at the beginning of the thread that I'm not the biggest fan of Mariah but I do admire everything she has done and I consider her the queen of R&B just because of her success and influence. It's such a shame that you only remember what you want and completely forget the other things I say.

And whenever I brought Madonna into this, I used some very friendly comparisons yet those comparisons were dropped a while ago so I don't know why you are bringing them up again... I mean, the logical explanation would be that you are the one that's pressed and not me :tehe2: tbh I have absolutely nothing to be pressed about

I already provided receipts for the 5 million opening and it is pretty clear that those were first shipment numbers and not "sold first week" numbers. As for the money she was making, I still think they sound bullshit but I have no receipts so fine +shrug+

And I said at the beginning of the thread that I'm not the biggest fan of Mariah but I do admire everything she has done and I consider her the queen of R&B just because of her success and influence. It's such a shame that you only remember what you want and completely forget the other things I say.

And whenever I brought Madonna into this, I used some very friendly comparisons yet those comparisons were dropped a while ago so I don't know why you are bringing them up again... I mean, the logical explanation would be that you are the one that's pressed and not me :tehe2: tbh I have absolutely nothing to be pressed about

Sony were paid by retailers for 5m in its first week. Only a fucking wretchedly PRESSED Hagdonna stan would argue 'omg they didnt sell them!' LMFAO take deep breaths moron.

Sony were paid by retailers for 5m in its first week. Only a fucking wretchedly PRESSED Hagdonna stan would argue 'omg they didnt sell them!' LMFAO take deep breaths moron.

lol you don't get it... that's like GaGa's BTW shipping 2 million copies in its first week in the US. Of course retailers paid for them and they can never be returned but does this mean BTW sold those 2 million copies in its first week?

Rainbow (according to my own calculations) sold around a million copies in its first week but stayed steady since it was released in the holiday season and therefore sold those 5 million within the first month or two.

A better way to rephrase that receipt of yours would be "Rainbow shipped 5 million copies in its first week alone" not SOLD.

I realize that SOLD can be either attributed to retailers or customers but in the business industry, sold means sold to customers and shipped means sold to retailers. Just saying +shrug+

And calm down Pipi, why so mad about Madonna? :P

Oh fucking please, you have posted NOTHING of relevance to this thread.

how have I posted nothing of relevance? I pointed out a contradiction of yours that was MADE in this thread (therefore, how could it not be relevant to this thread?) and called out one of your bullshit stats. whether you found them on Mariah Daily is beside the point, because in order to post them, you'd actually have to believe them in the first place.

Mariah could easily have made 1m a day if she was selling a few million per week boo. Easily.

one million dollars a day? no one would argue that. but I didn't state, '$1,000,000,' I stated, '$1,036,800,000.' since you're evidently unable to read numbers, I'll help you out by putting the following into words for you:

you're trying to tell us that Mariah was making over a billion dollars a day in the fourth quarter of 1998. that would mean that she made $94,348,800,000 in the space of three months, thus making her the wealthiest person on the planet.

it doesn't took a genius to realize how utterly ridiculous that is.

but I never took you for a genius in the first place.

are people really arguing that she could have made 1m per day in late 1998?

The #1s album sold 11 million in less than 2 months. Since she wrote and produced as well as recorded all those songs, she would have easily been making 20% of all revenue. Albums were retailing much higher back then. Even if she only made $3 per album she still would have made over 30 million in less than two months, and that would not be including any other earnings from her other albums (Merry Xmas was also selling well), singles, public appearances and advances from her label which would also have been in the millions. Haters failing hard right here. ny7.gif' alt='ny6'>

are people really arguing that she could have made 1m per day in late 1998?

The #1s album sold 11 million in less than 2 months. Since she wrote and produced as well as recorded all those songs, she would have easily been making 20% of all revenue. Albums were retailing much higher back then. Even if she only made $3 per album she still would have made over 30 million in less than two months, and that would not be including any other earnings from her other albums (Merry Xmas was also selling well), singles, public appearances and advances from her label which would also have been in the millions. Haters failing hard right here. ny7.gif' alt='ny6'>

I suggest you go back and read exfactor's post because you just made a fool out of yourself fall1

Pipi, Mariah has an endless repertoire of accomplishments, and you chose the most random-ass ones...

And while Mariah will never have a signature hit as omnipresent as Titanic's theme, she's had more hits overall (which certainly showcase much bigger diversity than Dion's) and she's sold more singles than Dion so there you go. And yes I'm aware that Celine has sold more records overall than Mariah and I respect that, she's a talented performer, but in terms of artistry Celine's mostly stuck to the same playing field while Mariah completely changed her genre around just 7 years into her career, to a genre that's traditionally brought in less album sales than the adult contemporary crowd Dion remained appealing to. So for Mariah to remain just ~15m albums behind is an impressive feat.

Also, any more personal insults from anyone will receive a warning/infraction.

Pipi, Mariah has an endless repertoire of accomplishments, and you chose the most random-ass ones...

And while Mariah will never have a signature hit as omnipresent as Titanic's theme, she's had more hits overall (which certainly showcase much bigger diversity than Dion's) and she's sold more singles than Dion so there you go. And yes I'm aware that Celine has sold more records overall than Mariah and I respect that, she's a talented performer, but in terms of artistry Celine's mostly stuck to the same playing field while Mariah completely changed her genre around just 7 years into her career, to a genre that's traditionally brought in less album sales than the adult contemporary crowd Dion remained appealing to. So for Mariah to remain just ~15m albums behind is an impressive feat.

Also, any more personal insults from anyone will receive a warning/infraction.

+1

You are full of wisdom tbh, I agree with absolutely everything you've said in this one short post oprah1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.