Vesper

What will happen with Brexit and Trump?

"But at the time people don’t realise they’re embarking on a route that will lead to a destruction period. They think they’re right, they’re cheered on by jeering angry mobs, their critics are mocked. This cycle, the one we saw for example from the Treaty of Versaille, to the rise of Hitler, to the Second World War, appears to be happening again."

https://medium.com/@theonlytoby/history-tells-us-what-will-happen-next-with-brexit-trump-a3fefd154714#.blqc4ze5r

a great think piece that takes a hypothetical look at the future of our world based on the tragic events that occurred in the past year. brit2 read it girls. 

I don't know why but these kind of events remind me of what happened before the main World Wars um1 they're different of course but there's something it doesn't feel right about this you know what I mean ? um1 

They are always preceded by a crisis. It's a pattern that is visible throughout history even in the Roman Empire.

Crisis - Revolution - War / Peace - Crisis - Revolution - War / Peace

Iraq War
Economical Crisis + Social Crisis + ISIS
Revolution (BLM vs. white supremacy)

-> a leader appears who promises to solve all the problems by blaming it on a certain group of ppl. (TRUMP)

WW1
Treaty of Versailles + Poverty/Unemployment + Economic Crisis
Revolution (Nationalists, anti-Democratic)

-> a leader appears who promises to solve all the problems by blaming it on a certain group of ppl. (HITLER)
36 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

They are always preceded by a crisis. It's a pattern that is visible throughout history even in the Roman Empire.

Iraq War

-> a leader appears who promises to solve all the problems by blaming it on a certain group of ppl. (TRUMP)

WW1

-> a leader appears who promises to solve all the problems by blaming it on a certain group of ppl. (HITLER)

yeah, that's what it sounds like and yes I agree with what you say, it's creepy but true

On 11/9/2016 at 4:51 PM, Madonna said:

Iraq War

WW1

OH WOW

My mind.