1. 1. Who's going down as a legend?

• Katy Perry
    • Lady Gaga

I think they both will be icons

Gags had her window, Katy in comparison never had a chance

Katy has cute singles and TD is her only saving grace

Gaga couldn't capitalize on her success window and now she's a downward sprial

carla1

I like both of these artists, but to call either one of them legends is just far too soon and not enough accomplishment

maybe Gags will pull thru bc she has talent, but I think ARTPOP & Joanne re4ally stained her legacy and ranking among the GP

their stans will argue you this every hour of the day, but by legend standards they hardly come close

confused1 

4 minutes ago, christyalmeth said:

I think they both will be icons

Gags had her window, Katy in comparison never had a chance

Katy has cute singles and TD is her only saving grace

Gaga couldn't capitalize on her success window and now she's a downward sprial

carla1

I like both of these artists, but to call either one of them legends is just far too soon and not enough accomplishment

maybe Gags will pull thru bc she has talent, but I think ARTPOP & Joanne re4ally stained her legacy and ranking among the GP

their stans will argue you this every hour of the day, but by legend standards they hardly come close

confused1 

how tf is TD her only saving grace? lmfao1 bitch PRISM outsold your fave's "REVOLUTIONARY" album and its two singles overshadow beyonce's career since 2008

31 minutes ago, Benji said:

how tf is TD her only saving grace? lmfao1 bitch PRISM outsold your fave's "REVOLUTIONARY" album and its two singles overshadow beyonce's career since 2008

I'm not saying it as a sales point of view, I'm coming from artistry view

the sales point is valid but what I'm saying is:

TD had an impact on pop music, Katy isn't really releasing music that does or says anything

don't get me wrong I like her music, but usual legends and legendary albums ect. not only change the industry but how people think

it's like social commentary of the time and I just think Gaga does that better

maybe Katy isn't that kind of typical legend

Gaga just has more talent & awards, as you would expect a legend to have which proves their place 

when Katy releases music that says something, has impact, and gets awards for that, then I'll eat my words

but TD is her only album that I think is something worthy and helped define the 2010s

this isn't objective,, it's completely subjective

I just have different standards for legends I guess, but that doesn't mean I don't like or enjoy Katy's music or that Katy doesn't sell with record numbers

dead2

edit: also not you going off topic and mentioning Bey when this is about Gaga & Katy; mess

2 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

I think Gaga will be/is legendary. Katy will be iconic for her chart success.

I'm hardly a Katy fan, but her chart success is pretty amazing, but she she hasn't done anything legendary (in my opinion) while Gaga has.

This is lowkey true, and this is not delusion. 

The most iconic thing Katy did perhaps may be the California Girls bra, her pink hair and her Super bowl performance lj1 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both of them have bigger careers and are already more of a legend than Xtina, that's all I know    

None tbh. I don't see any 'singer' from this millennium going down as a legend. They are all weak, safe, boring, have no star power, when you look at them you don't see a future legend.    

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.