who will go down as a legend - katy or gaga

answer this  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going down as a legend?

• Katy Perry
    • Lady Gaga

On 11/12/2016 at 2:08 PM, Infrared said:

because success determines if someone is a legend dead2 

only in post 2005 pop forums populated with young homosexuals is legendary status 100 percent correlated with #1 chart success 

On 11/12/2016 at 0:42 PM, christyalmeth said:

I'm not saying it as a sales point of view, I'm coming from artistry view

the sales point is valid but what I'm saying is:

TD had an impact on pop music, Katy isn't really releasing music that does or says anything

don't get me wrong I like her music, but usual legends and legendary albums ect. not only change the industry but how people think

it's like social commentary of the time and I just think Gaga does that better

maybe Katy isn't that kind of typical legend

Gaga just has more talent & awards, as you would expect a legend to have which proves their place 

when Katy releases music that says something, has impact, and gets awards for that, then I'll eat my words

but TD is her only album that I think is something worthy and helped define the 2010s

this isn't objective,, it's completely subjective

I just have different standards for legends I guess, but that doesn't mean I don't like or enjoy Katy's music or that Katy doesn't sell with record numbers

dead2

edit: also not you going off topic and mentioning Bey when this is about Gaga & Katy; mess

songs like Roar , Rise , and Firework do have meaning to them sis wyd ? the songs probably helped people overcome deprssions and stuff . Lets give Katy credit when its due . 

On 12.11.2016 at 7:42 PM, christyalmeth said:

I'm not saying it as a sales point of view, I'm coming from artistry view

the sales point is valid but what I'm saying is:

TD had an impact on pop music, Katy isn't really releasing music that does or says anything

don't get me wrong I like her music, but usual legends and legendary albums ect. not only change the industry but how people think

it's like social commentary of the time and I just think Gaga does that better

maybe Katy isn't that kind of typical legend

Gaga just has more talent & awards, as you would expect a legend to have which proves their place 

when Katy releases music that says something, has impact, and gets awards for that, then I'll eat my words

but TD is her only album that I think is something worthy and helped define the 2010s

this isn't objective,, it's completely subjective

I just have different standards for legends I guess, but that doesn't mean I don't like or enjoy Katy's music or that Katy doesn't sell with record numbers

dead2

edit: also not you going off topic and mentioning Bey when this is about Gaga & Katy; mess

But Gaga didn't change the industry / how people think 

On 13.11.2016 at 2:26 AM, Umbreon said:

Gaga kinda blew her chance with Joanne to reunite that momentum she had. She improved her reputation to the GP but that's it.

Katy has the most potential at the moment 

fucking no dead2 this is delusion

Neither, duh brit12

Gaga will always be a nostalgia act (remember the Poker Face days? me too!) who will have zero classic albums, three memorable hits, and the only kind of "narrative" of interest she'll have is that she started out as this crazy chick who commented on fame and society and then just became normal and who cares - not exactly the stuff of legends carla1 All of the stuff she became famous for has been done better by her peers who enjoy a ton more longevity, so that'll beat her out of the race on every imaginable level, except maybe fashion in a pop culture context demi1 But again, even there, she's systematically destroying her own legacy every day, so don't count on it.

Katy will never be taken seriously as an artist and will always be the child friendly pop star you can rely on for enjoyable hits, but whose albums, performances, interviews, tours,... will just vanish in a black hole of self-chosen amnesia aretha1 But she will have more memorable hits than Gags if that's something bey1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both of them have bigger careers and are already more of a legend than Xtina, that's all I know    

None tbh. I don't see any 'singer' from this millennium going down as a legend. They are all weak, safe, boring, have no star power, when you look at them you don't see a future legend.    

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.