Redporus

Nostalgia Thread: Bad Romance

Did you hear the song/see the video first?

I actually saw the video first and omg that morning while watching MTV changed my life! I was blown away scream1 Literally my reaction while watching. My teen life was never the same cry5 

So where were you upon seeing this video for the first time?

I was at home about to head to school, was almost late too ny6 

At what point in your life did you discover this gem??

In my high school/teen years cry6  #Timeofmylife

How was your view of Gaga after viewing this video?

I was slayed literally I was delivered from my sins upon receiver this salvation cry7 

Hmm let's see. I remember first downloading a demo from some sketchy site. At the time I wasn't really a huge follower of Gaga, but I did ocassionally check on her. At first I didn't even know it was the lead single of her second album. I thought it was weird but good weird. The "rah-rahs" stood out immediately. I don't remember when I first saw the video and have no idea if I found it interesting or not. 

It was actually after Bad Romance that I became quite a fan. I didn't follow her throughout the Fame era, I just enjoyed her music and I wasn't even involved in pop music forums back in the day. I just thought she was really cool. 

Did you hear the song/see the video first?

I had listened to a messy sounding demo and then to the released song. I remember her tweeting "this leak makes my ears bleed, please wait for the official release" or something, which prompted me to search for the leak rip4 Had no idea pop forums existed back then eve1

So where were you upon seeing this video for the first time?

Home I guess

At what point in your life did you discover this gem??

I was 14 jj1 Not much going on

How was your view of Gaga after viewing this video?

I actually low-key disliked the contrast from the fame era, looks wise lmfao2 Which continued throughout the whole era until I got used to it rip4 The worst was when I saw the video phone mv and I was like wow y u look like dat

I heard the song for the first time on my bike to school the day it came out brit2 I had become a Gaga fan quite late, during the Paparazzi era, so for me it was the first single release I witnessed in real time. Hadn't heard the demo either bey1 It was a revelation for me omg, I was so blown away by those heavy synths and that surprising rawness in her vocals that was so different from The Fame studio wise. I was perfectly satisfied and became convinced that she really knew what she was doing and was gonna serve us a very long, interesting and game-changing career brit1

I adored the video too. In short I was really impressed by how well she carried out the shift in style musically and visually for that single release interesting1 And I was happy that people embraced it. But in her interviews I saw a decline from the delicious, provocative art pop persona, and that observation only got worse over time. So for me that single release era is like both the climax of my fandom and the start of my doubts julia1