Jump to content
FOTP

Are you a feminist?

Are you  

52 members have voted

  1. 1. a feminist?



Recommended Posts

Benji    16,429
6 minutes ago, Perfect Intrusion said:

I'm homophobic? Since when?

and im racist, sexist, homophobic, a bigot because im white?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DogsNotDead    4,779
1 minute ago, Benji said:

and im racist, sexist, homophobic, a bigot because im white?

If we both identify the untrue aspects in these generalizations, then why feed into it?

We know better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Benji    16,429
6 minutes ago, Perfect Intrusion said:

If we both identify the untrue aspects in these generalizations, then why feed into it?

We know better.

then why generalize about the white community only? im just saying demonizing whites for all the discrimination is pretty popular in the internet... if we're going to generalize dont glorify black ppl bc they tend to be as narrow minded or worst than whites so im onl bringing facts. im not calling anyone a homophobe, just bringing out the likelihood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DogsNotDead    4,779
2 minutes ago, Benji said:

then why generalize about the white community only? im just saying demonizing whites for all the discrimination is pretty popular in the internet... if we're going to generalize dont glorify black ppl bc they tend to be as narrow minded or worst than whites so im onl bringing facts. im not calling anyone a homophobe, just bringing out the likelihood

I do agree it seems like a thing to hate white people, sometimes to individuals who've done nothing to them in the first place.

I also notice that this trend seems to go both ways, and isn't doing anything but tearing each other apart.

I don't agree that blacks are worse than whites, as both communities have their equal share in fucked up shit.

There is no nationwide-likelihood based off of potentially personal experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Simón.    17,848
On 28.11.2016 at 3:32 AM, Chris Morlock said:

whoever doesnt is most likely a privileged white christian male. tina1

Yes cause countries like Saudi Arabia are ruled by white christian male. 

First thing to acknowledge, everyone despite their religion or skin color can be sexist. 

To give you an example of a non-Western place is North Africa. North Africa was colonized by the Arabs. Originally inhabitants were the Imazighen where woman had a lot to say. (They even had a Queen who fought the Arabs back then) But they lost. They also tattooed their face as a culture which is now seen as something negative because it's unislamic after North Africa got islamized. So what I want to say is that not only Western countries suffer from sexism, but also non-western place, sometimes even more (e.g forced burqa in Saudi Arabia)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris Morlock    31,525
1 hour ago, Justin Bieber said:

Yes cause countries like Saudi Arabia are ruled by white christian male. 

First thing to acknowledge, everyone despite their religion or skin color can be sexist. 

To give you an example of a non-Western place is North Africa. North Africa was colonized by the Arabs. Originally inhabitants were the Imazighen where woman had a lot to say. (They even had a Queen who fought the Arabs back then) But they lost. They also tattooed their face as a culture which is now seen as something negative because it's unislamic after North Africa got islamized. So what I want to say is that not only Western countries suffer from sexism, but also non-western place, sometimes even more (e.g forced burqa in Saudi Arabia)

i knew that aura1

but i was speaking in the us (and a few in europe)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Simón.    17,848
Just now, Chris Morlock said:

i knew that aura1

but i was speaking in the us (and a few in europe)

Well, yeah sexism exists in always every modern culture, sadly! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earth Ripper    4,185

There are so many different ideologies within the umbrella term "feminism" this is way too vague to be able to answer correctly rih1 I'm assuming most people who say yes are just saying they support equal rights or whatever, but that's only one very obvious and, frankly, quite boring dimension of feminism. The hotter topics are about abortion etc. Anyway, I voted no because I don't like how "feminism" has become adopted by the cultural status quo as just another opinion to have, which disarms it of any actually revolutionary force oprah12 I hate to align myself with that kind of reputation because it actually moves people away from necessary discussions, and it just becomes nothing more than a tool to spot the non-feminists who are then automatically monsters or ignorants, regardless of gender, who lack basic rational insight (as if there's anything feminist about that assertion) to feed a misplaced sense of superiority aretha1

I say let's not push any more labels or preferred rules on people, and let's actually explore paths to equality that aren't just theoretical devices so we can feel like we're educated civilians rih14 I can't help but smirk at every self-proclaimed feminist who will then have a dramatic anti-feminist (again: talking about generals and not specifics but that's how you opened this thread so you can't blame me for it now) stance on the actual important subjects within that context ari1 I'm sure most educated white annoying brats will say they're feminist, but how many of them would genuinely think a woman was "dirty" or "unfeminine" if she didn't shave her legs and/or armpits? How many of them would actually decide to take issue with appearance norms for both sexes? I feel like most "feminists" just want to say they're feminist and then just keep reinforcing the same anti-feminist status quo they're already used to (and too lazy to seriously question) anyway, no, let's focus on Muslim women on the street instead of that giant billboard that shows a photoshopped unrealistically skinny child with no clothes on, it's Islam that's ruining our "values!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manson    6,931

Yes. I think most feminists don't actually know what actual feminism and sexism are and lack critical thinking on the matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sydney    1,612

No, but I'm not anti-feminist.

The feminist movement has became a misorganised shit show and a lot of feminist concerns are total non-issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manson    6,931
3 hours ago, Tiny Little Bows said:

I'm so glad that this poll is public.

Those 8 probably don't realise that just because their's the misconception around feminists that it doesn't actually change the definition of what a feminist is jj4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eleven.    31,773
On 28-11-2016 at 4:10 AM, Tiny Little Bows said:

I said "this forum", not "The Last Of Us" but...

Image result for cinderella slipper gif

lmfao1lmfao1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lust    10,260
On 1/2/2017 at 10:38 PM, Sheezus said:

Those 8 probably don't realise that just because their's the misconception around feminists that it doesn't actually change the definition of what a feminist is jj4

what's your point? there's many definitions of words you wouldn't want to identify as that sound great in technicality 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manson    6,931
2 hours ago, Tampon said:

what's your point? there's many definitions of words you wouldn't want to identify as that sound great in technicality 

People misidentify feminists negatively, making others not want to call themselves feminists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×