Fadga claims she will be performing at 79 when her last 3 albums have flopped. Why????

4 minutes ago, Modern Ecstasy said:

1. Still weren't the love of TD singles

2. Katy scored like 6 hits in a row in 2010, thats no excuse

3. They did promote it for a while until she performed at the DNC, also they had already release press about it so the hype was there, not to mention Katy putting it all over her social media and literally skywriting #RISE in like every major city in the USlmfao1

I dont hate you because you're fat you're fat because i hate you

1. The album wasn't Teenage Dream, it was PRISM, with a different sound but bigger selling singles.

2. None of those singles (bar firework) sold as much as Roar & Dark horse

3. How can you hype a surprise release single?

you don't even go to this school

8 minutes ago, Venus as a Boy said:

1. The album wasn't Teenage Dream, it was PRISM, with a different sound but bigger selling singles.

2. None of those singles (bar firework) sold as much as Roar & Dark horse

3. How can you hype a surprise release single?

you don't even go to this school

1. whats so different about prismlmfao1

2. the album sold less and she achieved less hits. katy had what, like 7 singles sell over 4m during TD, that beats two 6m singles and a bunch of flops

3. I just told you

thats not the correct quote

9 minutes ago, Modern Ecstasy said:

1. whats so different about prismlmfao1

2. the album sold less and she achieved less hits. katy had what, like 7 singles sell over 4m during TD, that beats two 6m singles and a bunch of flops

3. I just told you

thats not the correct quote

1. What isn't so different about PRISM?

2. Katy had a DIAMOND single sell 13.5mil+, and a Lead single sell 10mil+. The biggest hits OF HER CAREER.

3. you didn't. How do you hype a surprise release single before it's release? You can't. 

Boo you whore 

2 hours ago, Venus as a Boy said:

1. What isn't so different about PRISM?

2. Katy had a DIAMOND single sell 13.5mil+, and a Lead single sell 10mil+. The biggest hits OF HER CAREER.

3. you didn't. How do you hype a surprise release single before it's release? You can't. 

Boo you whore 

1. lmfao1

2. I cba to look up WW sales. DH and Roar sold around 6m in the US, but TD had like 7 4m+ sellers. That's still more successful (the ALBUM also sold more than PISSM)

3. "They did promote it for a while until she performed at the DNC, also they had already release press about it so the hype was there, not to mention Katy putting it all over her social media and literally skywriting #RISE in like every major city in the USlmfao1" Hype doesn't have to be created before the release, it can happen at any time

Sorry, we only carry sizes 1, 3, and 5. You could try Sears!

4 minutes ago, Modern Ecstasy said:

1. lmfao1

2. I cba to look up WW sales. DH and Roar sold around 6m in the US, but TD had like 7 4m+ sellers. That's still more successful (the ALBUM also sold more than PISSM)

3. "They did promote it for a while until she performed at the DNC, also they had already release press about it so the hype was there, not to mention Katy putting it all over her social media and literally skywriting #RISE in like every major city in the USlmfao1" Hype doesn't have to be created before the release, it can happen at any time

Sorry, we only carry sizes 1, 3, and 5. You could try Sears!

1. Oh

2. My

3. God

4. Karen

5. You

6. Can't

7. Just

8. Ask

9. Someone

10. Why

11. They're

12. White

10 hours ago, Modern Ecstasy said:

Katy peaked in 2010-2012, Prism had three flops and opening week sales don't matter as much in the long run TD outsold it anyway (still love how y'all scoffed when we celebrated Joanne's first week but now it's so important because it fits your narrative). 

To say she's on the rise from TD when she's selling less albums, getting fewer hits (her last single was promoted by the Olympics and she still couldn't reach the top 10, and her cultural relevancy rn is nonexistent. Nothing about her career state is better than what it was in 2010.

Because Joanne's first week sales sucked, were lower than ARTPOP and you guys tried to pretend she was a competitive artist anyway because she had the second biggest female one even though she was tanking on streaming aretha1 That's very different from noting a consistent rise in first week sales throughout a career ayumi1

I get what you're saying but you're just overreacting and downplaying what Katy does have moo6 I mean you literally just pretended that her having the highest tour gross of her career didn't mean anything because "anyone could have a high gross with more dates" like what kind of bs is that ny4 You need demand to plan a big tour and fill arenas. Like why do I even need to explain that.

Compared to Gaga, she is on the rise.

On 12/8/2016 at 4:23 PM, Earth Ripper said:

Whatever omg you always have to choose to zoom in on these dumb meaningless details 'cause you can't take the general point sass5 My point was that compared to her peers it is questionable to assume that Gaga will be around in even 10 years as a competitive force. I don't care about how well she did in 2009, I want to see proof of her competitive success now. Most of the people who were counted as her competition back in 2008 can all show very quick and easily convincing receipts of their relevancy, she's the only one besides Kesha who's has a dramatic decline story aretha1 How are you gonna fucking deny that.

Found Gaga's chart

Arrow-Down-on-Chart.jpg

On 12/8/2016 at 4:23 PM, Earth Ripper said:

Whatever omg you always have to choose to zoom in on these dumb meaningless details 'cause you can't take the general point sass5 My point was that compared to her peers it is questionable to assume that Gaga will be around in even 10 years as a competitive force. I don't care about how well she did in 2009, I want to see proof of her competitive success now. Most of the people who were counted as her competition back in 2008 can all show very quick and easily convincing receipts of their relevancy, she's the only one besides Kesha who's has a dramatic decline story aretha1 How are you gonna fucking deny that.

I know im 2 days late to the argument, but i just had to put my 2 cents into it jj2 

like i get what you're saying, and i get that Gaga is not as relevant in music as she was in 2010, but im just not understanding the argument that she's not at least SOMEWHAT of a competitive force still.. like wtf

Xo8f4Hby1QUUw.gif

if the competition is who managed to make it into the Super Bowl Halftime Show in 2017, who would you say was the winner? Only ONE artist made it to literally the most relevant and important stage in music (twice in a row btw), but y'all are tryna tell me she's "no longer competing"

Xo8f4Hby1QUUw.gif

If the competition is who, out of every female artist who released in 2016, can sell the most copies with their album in the first week, who is slaying that competition? Beyoncé and then who? Rihanna? Sia? Ariana?..... But youre telling me she's not a force in music anymore, like even a little bit...

Xo8f4Hby1QUUw.gif

not to mention everyone ignoring the fact that Million Reasons has been in the top 10 on iTunes consistently, and she's had one of the highest charting songs on iTunes by a female artist for about a week now (even with no video and no radio airplay), or that Joanne was the longest running #1 album on iTunes WORLDWIDE for a female artist this year (more days at #1 than Beyoncé, Rihanna, Britney, etc)... but then you say she has absolutely no competitive success

Xo8f4Hby1QUUw.gif

clearly Gaga is nowhere near her peak of being everywhere at once and having consistent hit singles like she did 5 years ago, and I'd never try to argue that with anyone. but y'all are constantly trying to perpetuate this claim that she is 100000% over and not doing SHIT anymore in music, but the receipts will actually show you  that it's not the case. yes she's flopping in streaming and having a current smash on the charts (for now) but imo she's doing perfectly fine for an artist who doesn't seem to care about having cheap, easy, trendy singles in the charts 24/7. she's managed to maintain a balance of being a relavant and respected performer while still being in her own lane and doing whatever tf she wants to do in music whether it's "trendy" or not....

tl;dr 

we get that she's not on 2010 level but she clearly ain't over though 

Xo8f4Hby1QUUw.gif

11 hours ago, Modern Ecstasy said:

IT WAS THE SECOND HIGHEST FEMALE DEBUT OF 2016 BEHIND ONLY BEYONCElmfao1lmfao1lmfao1lmfao1rip2

Who cares though, that doesn't erase the fact that her opening weeks (and total album sales) are getting lower and lower consistently, as well as her singles success, as well as her streaming numbers, as well as her tour gross, and as well as her popularity on social media sass5

Like, are you guys that thick? Labels plan releases based on competition. That's why Gaga waited forever to release this thing so she wouldn't have Bey breathing down her neck, and she would have no pop chick competition whatsoever bey5 That's the only reason you guys can brag about her having the second highest female debut (like, compared to who, seriously - Ariana? Sia? Gimme a fucking break). Why not just compare her to overall album sales? Bey still looks good, Gaga looks like a joke, voila, there you have it brit0

1 hour ago, Alejandreaux said:

im just not understanding the argument that she's not at least SOMEWHAT of a competitive force still.. like wtf

Well, I don't know where that argument was tbh sass5 I just said that based on her career track now, it's unlikely that she will still be a competitive force in the next few decades gaga11 Remember the thread you're in, this is about Gaga claiming she'll still be making music 40 years from now.

Just now, Earth Ripper said:

Well, I don't know where that argument was tbh sass5 I just said that based on her career track now, it's unlikely that she will still be a competitive force in the next few decades gaga11 Remember the thread you're in, this is about Gaga claiming she'll still be making music 40 years from now.

you said you wanted to see receipts of her competitive success in 2016, which is another way of saying she has none. I was just responding to that statement jj2 and I mean, theoretically speaking, even if she didn't sell one copy of any album ever again, she'll always love music and have talent as a musician, so there's nothing stopping her from still making albums and performing decades from now lj1

13 minutes ago, Alejandreaux said:

you said you wanted to see receipts of her competitive success in 2016, which is another way of saying she has none. I was just responding to that statement jj2

I don't remember that but if I said that, that's because she can't compete with her competition from her debut onwards on any level now gaga7 That's not a bad thing 'cause I don't give a fuck about charts and I've always wished she would actually do what she preached and go back to singing in irrelevant bars and leave the people who distort her vision behind once and for all, but that doesn't change the fact that simply observing her career right now, she's way behind the big league sass5 Like, yes ok she has the second biggest female debut of the year, but Beyoncé sold more than double the amount of albums she did eve1 iTunes is meaningless as we all know, especially when you can pair it with absolutely abysmal streaming (which in this climate is a lot more representative of your success and relevancy 'cause who the fuck still buys digital music as a casual fan) interesting1

Anyway, my stance on Gaga practicing what she preaches leads me to the second point:

13 minutes ago, Alejandreaux said:

theoretically speaking, even if she didn't sell one copy of any album ever again, she'll always love music and have talent as a musician, so there's nothing stopping her from still making albums and performing decades from now lj1

I'm not sure if that's realistic at this point aretha1 She had so many chances to just focus on the music and leave the whole pop spectacle behind (a desire she's constantly using to feign superior authenticity), but she actually never does it and keeps running in the same corporate treadmill brit12 After her whole "Interscope is abusing my work but now I'm gonna do things my way!" breakdown she's still letting them choose her singles, still letting them alter her tracklist and album sound, still going on an extensive promo tour, and still cluddering her schedule with a bunch of side projects brit14 It's just like with C2C which supposedly was also all about the music, and then she hilariously claimed that because she loved the music so much, she felt a desire to promote the shit out of it anyway (I mean, is there a more obvious and transparent lie than that?) dead7

Add to that her absolute betrayal when it comes to her early "I'm not the type of celebrity that spends their money on cars and mansions" philosophy, and I think we can safely say she is absolutely in it for the money to a remarkable degree, and if you add to thàt her "I always wanted to be an actress but nobody would hire me, so I made music instead" statement and I think it's obvious that she'll trade in whatever is not working for whatever is more lucrative gaga12 Why is it so realistic to assume that if she continues to do badly, she won't just say goodbye to music (probably wrapped up in some "I can't take the pressure of the industry, I want a more natural life and want to focus on being a mommy" bs) and make easy money in other ways? julia1

1 hour ago, Earth Ripper said:

I don't remember that but if I said that, that's because she can't compete with her competition from her debut onwards on any level now gaga7 That's not a bad thing 'cause I don't give a fuck about charts and I've always wished she would actually do what she preached and go back to singing in irrelevant bars and leave the people who distort her vision behind once and for all, but that doesn't change the fact that simply observing her career right now, she's way behind the big league sass5 Like, yes ok she has the second biggest female debut of the year, but Beyoncé sold more than double the amount of albums she did eve1 iTunes is meaningless as we all know, especially when you can pair it with absolutely abysmal streaming (which in this climate is a lot more representative of your success and relevancy 'cause who the fuck still buys digital music as a casual fan) interesting1

Anyway, my stance on Gaga practicing what she preaches leads me to the second point:

I'm not sure if that's realistic at this point aretha1 She had so many chances to just focus on the music and leave the whole pop spectacle behind (a desire she's constantly using to feign superior authenticity), but she actually never does it and keeps running in the same corporate treadmill brit12 After her whole "Interscope is abusing my work but now I'm gonna do things my way!" breakdown she's still letting them choose her singles, still letting them alter her tracklist and album sound, still going on an extensive promo tour, and still cluddering her schedule with a bunch of side projects brit14 It's just like with C2C which supposedly was also all about the music, and then she hilariously claimed that because she loved the music so much, she felt a desire to promote the shit out of it anyway (I mean, is there a more obvious and transparent lie than that?) dead7

Add to that her absolute betrayal when it comes to her early "I'm not the type of celebrity that spends their money on cars and mansions" philosophy, and I think we can safely say she is absolutely in it for the money to a remarkable degree, and if you add to thàt her "I always wanted to be an actress but nobody would hire me, so I made music instead" statement and I think it's obvious that she'll trade in whatever is not working for whatever is more lucrative gaga12 Why is it so realistic to assume that if she continues to do badly, she'll just say goodbye to music (probably wrapped up in some "I can't take the pressure of the industry, I want a more natural life and want to focus on being a mommy" bs) and make easy money in other ways? julia1

you keep saying she's "way behind the big league"... but wouldn't you say Ariana is in the big leagues this year with her multiple top tens this era and being a HUGE streaming force? and same with Rihanna? and yet still Gaga moved more copies than them first week without having any major hits on her album shock1 im just trying to point out the obvious attempts to downplay the amount of success that Gaga DOES still manage to have in 2016. and yes streaming has taken over the industry for the majority, but digital sales are still a huge part of how people consume music too. like, how come now all of a sudden digital sales are completely irrelevant and they don't matter now just because Gaga doing well in that format? I can't dead2
if she's completely over like you say then why is she doing well in ANY format, especially one where you have to pay to hear it dead2 MR is still selling as much right now as some of the biggest singles in America right now (its predicted to do 41k this week while " Closer" does 40k and "Dont Wanna Know" does 46k) so like I said, she's still doing well and she's still a force in music even if she isn't nearly as big as she was before lj1

and I don't understand why you think just because she doesn't want people interfering with her music or creative process, that she's OBLIGATED now to just throw away the career she worked for her entire life and go live and perform on the streets as a hobo.... or else she's being a "fake artist" dead2

why is it's so extreme for her to ask that as a woman in the music industry, she should be able to have the final say in what she puts into her own art AND be able to share it with the world and enjoy the success that may inevitably come along with it? dead2 what she constantly "preaches" is that she wants to have more creative control over the music she makes. that doesn't mean that music still isn't her main career at the end of the day. she is still a professional musician so I don't see why you're hell-bent on her total exit from the music industry (where she is bounded to contracts with interscope btw) and leaving her fans behind (or the chance for her music to reach more people in the world) just because she had creative disagreements with people oprah3

also just because she has purchased nice things with the insane amount of money she made as an artist doesn't mean that she "only does everything for the money!!1!1!" now lmfao. she said those things in like early 2009 when she was just beginning as a professional solo artist. you think she's really not gonna touch any of the hundreds of millions of dollars she's made for herself over the years since then just to uphold some image of being "real" that people on pop forums have for her? as long as music is still her main focus in life (which it is) idon't see what buying a nice house or a nice car has to do with what anyone thinks of her in the long run  dead2 

you keep saying she's "way behind the big league"... but wouldn't you say Ariana is in the big leagues this year with her multiple top tens this era and being a HUGE streaming force? and same with Rihanna? and yet still Gaga moved more copies than them first week without having any major hits on her album shock1 im just trying to point out the obvious attempts to downplay the amount of success that Gaga DOES still manage to have in 2016. 

Honey, if I say Gaga is behind the big league, I surely don't think fucking Ariana Grande is part of that big league brit14 She can't sell albums for shit, her commercial profit is all over the place (100% hit song based, not personality based), and yes she does very well on streaming, but she did not ever experience the dominance Gaga once held in the industry, so what's the point of pretending Gaga is doing well compared to her now? bey1The very fact that we now have to pretend Ariana is Lady fucking Gaga's competition (LADY GAGA!! The Poker Face and Bad Romance singer!!) because Ari has a few scattered hits the GP is fond of bopping to is actually proof that Gaga has suffered an amazing loss of competitive power brit12She should be beating the biggest album sellers in the pop game rn, and guess what, she's on par with Madonna's RH sales, sales which LMs have used time and time again as proof of her being fundamentally over and irrelevant lol2

Of course Gaga is selling more albums than fucking Ariana and Rihanna, people don't care about their albums, they just want the hits. You can try to use that for your own defense of Gaga, but then I'll remind you that Gaga suffered an 80+% drop of opening week sales between 2011 and 2013 in the US (the only country she's relevant in rn) and has never been able to come even close to her earlier figures dead7 She used to be the biggest album seller, and now she can't even make half of Beyoncé's sales eve1 And oh guess what, Beyoncé took over her touring power too. She can't even get a remarkable amount of YouTube views these days gaga2 So you're telling me that one sorry ass iTunes hit in one country beats all of that evidence of her being out of the big game? interesting1If people aren't streaming her, she's not a competitive force, point fucking blank.

Oh yay, one single of her last era is doing well on US iTunes, so that totally erases the fact that she's not in the top 100 of most streamed artist today wordwide, that's very believable and totally not biased fall8

digital sales are still a huge part of how people consume music too. like, how come now all of a sudden digital sales are completely irrelevant and they don't matter now just because Gaga doing well in that format? I can't dead2
if she's completely over like you say then why is she doing well in ANY format, especially one where you have to pay to hear it dead2 MR is still selling as much right now as some of the biggest singles in America right now (its predicted to do 41k this week while " Closer" does 40k and "Dont Wanna Know" does 46k) so like I said, she's still doing well and she's still a force in music even if she isn't nearly as big as she was before lj1

I've never thought digital sales were relevant these years and I've mocked every fanbase there is for using iTunes receipts to prove songs are doing well mad5

She's doing average in digital sales because she's reaching their demographic: not the average teenager music consumer, but either the obsessed devoted fan who thinks they have to constantly buy her single to make her relevant again (don't pretend it's not happening), or the people who have frankly too much money on their hands and who can afford to buy everything they're listening to maisy

Given the fact that literally no one is streaming her rn (not even getting into the top 100 with all of those crazed stans streaming the fuck out of her every day) surely that's not a very representative group of people nicki1  And bitch, Closer has been slaying for months and Don't Wanna Know is not a major US single you're just making that shit up - even if it was, it was released a month before MR so again, who cares about that comparison moo6

To put it very simply:

- Joanne had album sales comparable to Madonna's ultimate flop album, RH
- half a year after release, Lemonade is still selling more than Joanne ww every day on iTunes
- her YouTube views are horrid
- she isn't being streamed (that includes her moderately performing current single - currently at #160 ww on Spotify with a laughable peak of #55), being beaten by irrelevant artists like Ricky Martin and Little Mix

She has a million reasons for being over, and no "good one" (MR IS DOING WELL ON ITUNES) is good enough to make ha stay ny13 If y'all bitches said Madonna was over last era, then Gaga is also, and I don't care about Madonna having a viral Prince tribute performance or even that she appeared on the Superbowl, people aren't fucking here for her current music, only for her past hits, and Gaga doesn't even have that public interest, so fuck yeah she's through oprah11 They'll tune in to see the freakshow at the Superbowl, but they won't listen to her music, so literally: who cares about those huge promo slots when they don't impact shit.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because Gaga's profession is a musician, and those people maybe perform their stuff to an audience?  What kind of weak attempt is this?

Modern Delusion at it again with his Million Excuses.mp3

It does though. Gaga's "talent" is communicated mostly through her shouting out elongated high notes 'cause apparently that's how many people are fooled into thinking they're hearing a great vocalist

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.