Benji

did your fave start from the bottom?

Zayn's family was very poor. That was the whole reason he signed up for XF in the first place: so he would have a way of giving back to his parents, to make it so his mom didn't have to work anymore.

They all started "from the bottom". None of them were born into a famous family (someone like Willow Smith for example). For example, Taylor's family wasn't poor and if I remember correctly her father helped her with her record deal because he had money, but she still had to hustle and work to make herself known. Like Gaga. Her parents helped her out, but ultimately it was her hard work and talent that got her where she is today. Same with Lana who was born into a rich family. So just because some of the girls had an upper hand with money or connections that doesn't mean that they just magically became famous. They still had to work hard for it. I know everyone loves a "rags to riches" story, but there's nothing wrong if a child has loving and supporting parents who help them advance in life. 

Whenever I read about Rihanna's story it kinda gives me the creeps. She met this guy in her teen years (!) and decided to just go live with him (I know she was with her mother but still) into an unknown country. I'm so glad that story had a happy ending, but lawd, I've met so many stories that happened just like hers, but had a tragic ending. "Scouting agents" who look for girls and promise them a career in music, modelling, acting, just to be sent on a plane, forced into prostitution and never to be heard from again. 

I mean Lana does come from a wealthy family but even if her father chipped in a bit for a record deal, it's pretty amazing how much she's been able to do. She pretty much invented the whole indie/alternative female tumblr artist becoming successful thing that MANY people have mimicked with varying success rav2 

And even with the fact that she does ZERO promotion for her music and acts like she doesn't care about it at all, she still does quite well sales wise.

Mars Argo started as a low budget YouTuber (the original Poppy) before adding lyrics to her background music and making it into an album in her bedroom with her boyfriend. A few years later, she ended up becoming an actual singer/songwriter and doing studio recorded music. She didn't really get that famous until Poppy showed up and stole her image, but still.

tea1 

On 12/12/2016 at 8:05 PM, Luke. said:

Mars Argo started as a low budget YouTuber (the original Poppy) before adding lyrics to her background music and making it into an album in her bedroom with her boyfriend. A few years later, she ended up becoming an actual singer/songwriter and doing studio recorded music. She didn't really get that famous until Poppy showed up and stole her image, but still.

tea1 

How could have Poppy stolen that image when she didn't really create it? dead2 Titanic Sinclair? 

5 hours ago, Pageant Material said:

How could have Poppy stolen that image when she didn't really create it? dead2 Titanic Sinclair? 

Titanic created Poppy as the puppet form of his ex-girlfriend, whatever tea1 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

travelled to NY every day to record. Slept on the stovetop cover in a friend's apartment. sang backup. did multiple jobs until she landed a record deal and within a year Vision of Love was #1 on the c

No, she had a rich daddy that bought her a career  

Gaga had sex with the right people for a career, like Madonna she fucked her way up to the top.

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.