Benji

did your fave start from the bottom?

14 minutes ago, John Wayne said:

So what? wat3 Is that how you buy a career? wat3 Career cant be bought, loves. You need people who will buy your music to have a career and you cant buy.... people xtina8

She got a foot in the door by having sex with dirty old men... wat3 She basically whored herself out for a career xtina8

1 minute ago, Spencer Pratt said:

The denial is real more like! 

giphy.gif

You basically came up with those "receipts" xtina8 Give me official receipts... nat1

1 minute ago, VoiceOfTheQueen said:

She did kinda admit she fucked with dirty old men to advance her career. She covered it with the "i though this is what adults did" bs though

Where? wat3 Sounds like smth TheFameGa would say wat3 But even if she did, how's that 'buying a career'?

1 hour ago, VoiceOfTheQueen said:

"i though this is what adults did"

smh

That remains one of the weirdest things she's ever said mad5 That along with "Tony never touched me! Not even in the car!" and this hilarious bit on Howard Stern (paraphr.):

-

Howard: "Why are you living in Malibu, didn't you say you hated LA?"

Gaga: "Sun is very good for depression."

Howard: "So are you still depressed?"

Gaga: ".. No."

-

brit0

I don't have a pop fav rn, but Gaga was my past one, so she definitely didn't start from the bottom. Her parents had connections to the industry, booked auditions for her, and her dad is the reason she got such a lucrative contract with Interscope (as Wendy Starland said: "I've never seen a contract like that for a beginning star, it's one I'd expect from someone who already had a few successful albums under their belt") aretha1 And it was a 360 deal so she was basically guaranteed at least a bit of fame automatically. But she did work her ass off in her early years, so it's not like she didn't do shit and had it handed to her on a platter. Just sad how she lost that early spirit and settled for being any other celeb in the end cry9

Maybe not from the "bottom" as such, but she had to make a lot of tough choices before she started her music career.

Cyndi lived with her parents and her brother and sister, but her parents divorced when she was 5 and her mum remarried. She left home at 17 to get away from her abusive stepfather and intended on studying art. She travelled to Canada and spent 2 weeks in the woods trying to 'find herself' (as she described it) and eventually took art classes at a college in Vermont while taking on different jobs to support herself. However, she left college because she couldn't pass the course, so she moved back to New York. She performed with different cover bands over the years in different clubs. Her vocal chords became damaged and the doctors said she would never be able to sing again, but with the help of a vocal coach she got her voice back.

Cyndi became part of a band called 'Blue Angel' in the late 70s. When they tried to get record deals, many record labels were only interested in signing Cyndi but not the rest of the band. Cyndi however wanted the entire band to join in any contract. Eventually they got signed to Polydor records and released an album in 1980. But the album was a flop despite good critical reception. The band broke up and fired their manager. The manager then sued them which lead to Cyndi becoming bankrupt. To make things worse, she lost her voice again temporarily due to a cyst on her vocal chords.

Cyndi worked in retail stores and restaurants to support herself and also later sang in different clubs again. In 1981, she was singing in a local bar in New York and met David Wolff, who became her manager and helped her get a contract with Epic records. She released her debut album in 1983.

6 hours ago, Fearless said:

How are Katy and Rihanna's stories remotely similar to Madonna's? jj3 

Rihanna's dad had her conmections too sis jj3 

He said Madoona and Katy's stories are similar. 

And about Rihanna, her dad did nothing for her career. Her friend introduced her to Evan Rogers in 2003 who was vacationing on Barbados and after that she moved to NY to live with Evan and his wife, where she recorded Pon De Replay and a few other songs, which were sent to labels and Jay signed her. Before Evan she didn't have much, she even had to sell clothes with her dad, just to survive. She really got lucky when she met Evan

Lady Gaga had to snuff flour in order to survive everyday oprah6.gif' alt='oprah4'>

She recently died at age 28 in 2014, in the hands of her lover Tony Bennett cry9

Truly a tragic cinderella story

Tony survived her? Oh wow...that would be truly heartbreaking if they were actual lovers. Can you imagine? dead2

90-yo husband survives 28-yo 4th wife. dead2

1 minute ago, Salvatore said:

Tony survived her? Oh wow...that would be truly heartbreaking if they were actual lovers. Can you imagine? dead2

Okay off topic, but i can't never see your emotes? dead2 Like, do you have a glitch on your phone or something?

1 minute ago, Salvatore said:

Well Tony met his wife when she wasn't even born (news went viral few weeks ago) and he was already 50 or something rip2 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

travelled to NY every day to record. Slept on the stovetop cover in a friend's apartment. sang backup. did multiple jobs until she landed a record deal and within a year Vision of Love was #1 on the c

No, she had a rich daddy that bought her a career  

Gaga had sex with the right people for a career, like Madonna she fucked her way up to the top.

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.