Gilly

Criminal/Legal issue - question

ok, so while I was away from my home back @ college, cops came into my house with a warrant and searched the entire house. They got a warrant because some of my housemates have been selling drugs and cops found out. OK, so here's the thing - they went through my shit and found a "pack of coke" in one of my backpacks but it wasn't coke, it was actually a gym supplement called creatine dead2 it's a white powder that looks like coke and i had it in a plastic bag in one of my backpacks. dead2 i wasnt home when this happened, so i couldnt directly tell the cops that they were mistaken dead2I'm worried as fuck because my housemates back home are telling me that they wrote down in their report that they found a bag of coke in a backpack with an ID under my name awk1 but it wasnt coke, it was a gym supplement awk1

im worried that they will try to press charges @ me even tho it wasnt drugs awk1 all it takes is for them to literally smell it and they will find out it isnt coke awk1 

what should i do? noway1 

38 minutes ago, Americunt said:

Did they confiscate it for evidence? If so, they're gonna find out it wasn't actually cocaine once they test it. As long as your housemates don't claim you're an accomplice to their dealing, you should be fine.

yeah, they did. im just worried that they mix up the evidence with like the other drugs they found at the house cry1 

3 minutes ago, Gilly said:

yeah, they did. im just worried that they mix up the evidence with like the other drugs they found at the house cry1 

To be honest, you should probably talk to a lawyer to guarantee you're protected in this whole mess. You should be, but you'll need the law on your side to make certain of that. A lawyer is a good next step.

3 hours ago, Americunt said:

To be honest, you should probably talk to a lawyer to guarantee you're protected in this whole mess. You should be, but you'll need the law on your side to make certain of that. A lawyer is a good next step.

thanks sis. ill call a lawyer tomorrow. they shouldnt charge me just to hear my situation, right? kinda broke rn orangu1 

3 hours ago, Americunt said:

thanks sis. ill call a lawyer tomorrow. they shouldnt charge me just to hear my situation, right? kinda broke rn orangu1 

Just now, Gilly said:

Kinda depends. I had a poke around on the UCSB website and found a free law consultation office associated with the campus, so you should probably start there. They can't represent you in court or provide binding legal advice, but they'd be able to refer you to someone who could, if it came to that.