Kyoteki

Was This One of The First Short Film Music/Album Videos in Today's Mainstream Generation?

Runaway, which was surrounded by the song itself; it also included many songs from Kanye's Album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and premiered on MTV if I remember. Now today, we see that short films are becoming something normal to do. Was this the first to start such a movement, even though Beyonce was the true push to short films?

3 minutes ago, Kyoteki said:

His best video even after all these years and it got ignored.

Even Abel has his own version of this too. MANIA is amazing as well, but Runaway is something else, the first of his kind. Artists will be referencing Runaway for years to come. It gets ignored for all the wrong reasons, his tabloids and shit, it's just sad. 

This piece of work is a HUGE reference point for today's artists. People in all genres point back to Runaway as something that inspired their work. I think it really highlighted the storytelling power that short films and feature-esque music videos have.

Kanye frustrates me because he's a GENIUS but he's also so basic at times. Underrated and overrated at the same time. He's too much into his own kool aid. The thing that I like about MBDTF is that a majority of album was already out and the re-worked versions snatch for filth

I didn't know about that Kanye thing. eve1 

Speaking of Beyonce, her first video album had so many basic and cheap videos. Nobody should make a video album if the videos are basic, cheap and uninspiring. There is nothing interesting to watch. xtina11 

Annie Lennox's Diva video album is beautiful. 

14 hours ago, Jjang said:

Pink_Floyd_The_Wall.jpg

Remains unmatched.

But yeah, Kanye was definitely one of the first high profile artists to attempt such a major project and It wouldn't be shocking to learn that Bey got the idea from him.

Gorl Thats why I sais THIS GENERATION. dead4 

I wasn't even going to ATTEMPT to come for them.

1 hour ago, Kyoteki said:

Gorl Thats why I sais THIS GENERATION. dead4 

I wasn't even going to ATTEMPT to come for them.

Pink Flop ain't shit moo1

Syd Barrett's solo career slayed it after the very first album. I've been listening to it lately and was murdered. Great music. PF is so pretentious.

Not y'all forgetting about MJ's "Moonwalker" short film and his "Ghosts" short film! lj1 As well as his 9! short films done for Dangerous. He released 9 out of 14 songs as singles and shot a video with movie budget for each of them. 

MJ IS the inventor of short films and the first artist to put out actual music videos. Kanye and Bey basically follow in his footsteps in that sense.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kanye frustrates me because he's a GENIUS but he's also so basic at times. Underrated and overrated at the same time. He's too much into his own kool aid. The thing that I like about MBDTF is that a m

the video is sublime and a masterpiece. a true king. say what u want h8erZ

This piece of work is a HUGE reference point for today's artists. People in all genres point back to Runaway as something that inspired their work. I think it really highlighted the storytelling power

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.