ajp

The Tension Lounge

Been reading up on the development of Impossible Princess lately and its interesting how the songs came to be. She had written down a whole bunch of lyrics before going into the studio where she presented the lyrics. She and the cowriters rearranged them and added to them to make the songs. The most interesting thing is how a few songs came from two different sets of lyrics she had written - Blended together to make one song. SKOB was one of them and that song didnt come about until the label rejected the original album and she went back into the studio. She must have written so much stuff and kept on writing

20 minutes ago, Aidan. said:

Been reading up on the development of Impossible Princess lately and its interesting how the songs came to be. She had written down a whole bunch of lyrics before going into the studio where she presented the lyrics. She and the cowriters rearranged them and added to them to make the songs. The most interesting thing is how a few songs came from two different sets of lyrics she had written - Blended together to make one song. SKOB was one of them and that song didnt come about until the label rejected the original album and she went back into the studio. She must have written so much stuff and kept on writing

Delaylie oprah14

51 minutes ago, ajp said:

The death of Lady Diana being one of them oprah14

Isnt this her only album to actually be delayed kylie4 Like there was a 1997 release date for it then it was pushed back to 98 kylie4

Though parts of Asia and Europe got it in 97 kylie4 I suppose even then it was on time in some places kylie4

Though there were all the staggered Parlophone releases where the states got albums months later between Fever and X nicki5

6 minutes ago, Aidan. said:

Isnt this her only album to actually be delayed kylie4 Like there was a 1997 release date for it then it was pushed back to 98 kylie4

Though parts of Asia and Europe got it in 97 kylie4 I suppose even then it was on time in some places kylie4

Though there were all the staggered Parlophone releases where the states got albums months later between Fever and X nicki5

They were all pretty much on schedule - the PWL stuff was like clockwork. The DeCon stuff was not. A whole bunch of fussing for those 2 albums. Fever was a surprise, quickly right after Light Years. Body Language (aka City Lights) was delayed. X was a mess because of leaks, no commitment with Capitol.

Staggered releases was normal back then. 3 to 6 months was not uncommon. It all came down to promotion schedule...and whether labels wanted to pick it up or not. Everything had to be negotiated. Madonna had it easy compared to Kylindie

1 hour ago, ajp said:

They were all pretty much on schedule - the PWL stuff was like clockwork. The DeCon stuff was not. A whole bunch of fussing for those 2 albums. Fever was a surprise, quickly right after Light Years. Body Language (aka City Lights) was delayed. X was a mess because of leaks, no commitment with Capitol.

Staggered releases was normal back then. 3 to 6 months was not uncommon. It all came down to promotion schedule...and whether labels wanted to pick it up or not. Everything had to be negotiated. Madonna had it easy compared to Kylindie

Labels confuse the hell out of me fall8

Thankfully everything is so centralized now - Finally jj4

2 minutes ago, Aidan. said:

Labels confuse the hell out of me fall8

Thankfully everything is so centralized now - Finally jj4

Yes, now it’s great! alex1

...but any artist who was on an independent label had to go through the same crap, again and again. It’s remarkable that it didn’t kill her career. moo12

2 minutes ago, ajp said:

Yes, now it’s great! alex1

...but any artist who was on an independent label had to go through the same crap, again and again. It’s remarkable that it didn’t kill her career. moo12

If only things had not been so messy then she could be bigger here moo12 And actually come to see us moo12

1 minute ago, Aidan. said:

If only things had not been so messy then she could be bigger here moo12 And actually come to see us moo12

She could still come and do smaller venues with less production but I’m not sure a promoter would bother to fund it. She needs to sign with LIVE NATION. She could easily sell out the 20 largest cities in the Americas. rav3

8 minutes ago, ajp said:

She could still come and do smaller venues with less production but I’m not sure a promoter would bother to fund it. She needs to sign with LIVE NATION. She could easily sell out the 20 largest cities in the Americas. rav3

Would pay to see her standing on a box at Yonge and Dundas at this point moo12 Theres a nice tiny stage there moo12

Just now, Aidan. said:

Would pay to see her standing on a box at Yonge and Dundas at this point moo12 Theres a nice tiny stage there moo12

The Tiny Stage Tour alex1

On 5/24/2019 at 8:34 AM, Aidan. said:

This is a custom made bootleg that was sold on EBay last year I believe

Honestly looks pretty legit giveup3

https://www.discogs.com/Kylie-Minogue-Impossible-Princess/release/13243695

that looks incredibly done. i wish vinyl bootlegs were easy to make, i'd be making my own stuff all the time dead2