ajp

The Tension Lounge

2 hours ago, All The Lovers said:

I really think Kylie's stan badge should be updated. It's been Kiss Me Once era ever since I can remember...

Here are my picks...

Anyway, I'm leaning towards the fourth one.

Reveal hidden contents

Kylie Minogue on Twitter: "NEW YEAR 🤍 FEEL LOVE. BE LOVE. GIVE LOVE. 💙  Thankful for you all and here's to making more magic and memories in 2022  😬😝🥰 #LOVERS https://t.co/cdiDTAPhfZ" / Twitter  MAP - News – Nicole Bentley & Victoria Baron Shoot Kylie Minogue for Vogue  Australia Cover Story Kylie Minogue - Disco Promos 2020 • CelebMafia カイリー・ミノーグ(Kylie Minogue)はなぜ『Disco』に帰還した? | Mikiki Kylie Minogue is poised to score her EIGHTH number one album | Daily Mail  Online

Since she is between eras, let’s wait until the new era begins in a few months and select something from the promo shots. 

Spoiler

As long as she still has a Sektion then eve1

7 hours ago, ajp said:

Since she is between eras, let’s wait until the new era begins in a few months and select something from the promo shots. 

Reveal hidden contents

As long as she still has a Sektion then eve1

True. Maybe we can wait a little longer.

LBR, most faves probably won't have any sections by October. The 200 posts per three months won't bring much activtity especially if a Fave  just wrapped up an era and is in the recording studio working. (Like Kylie.)

Maybe they can recalibrate with a rotating scheme. Those with near releases could be featured as a Fave for a duration of their new era and those who are still working on their albums / comeback could be in a Fave archive and will only be featured once they release something.

Or maybe those who debuted in 80's to 90's can be in FOTP Faves Hall of Fame. 

True. Maybe we can wait a little longer.

LBR, most faves probably won't have any sections by October. The 200 posts per three months won't bring much activtity especially if a Fave  just wrapped up an era and is in the recording studio working. (Like Kylie.)

Maybe they can recalibrate with a rotating scheme. Those with near releases could be featured as a Fave for a duration of their new era and those who are still working on their albums / comeback could be in a Fave archive and will only be featured once they release something.

Or maybe those who debuted in 80's to 90's can be in FOTP Faves Hall of Fame. 

FOTP Hall of Fame! oprah10

I love that idea. kylie6

I swear, I never really liked Robbie Williams but this made my disliking of him justified. He sure as hell had no trouble using Kylie and Nicole.

Asked about having Kylie, 54, and Nicole, 55, “in his life”, Robbie said: “Yes, well, we are repeatedly told that we must be in a monogamous relationship and that love will heal us and fill in the gaps

“And that’s what I thought celebrity would do for me. Except that, in both cases (Kylie and Nicole), the reality was disappointing.

“I’m not saying that these women were disappointing, but . . . the relationships you had at 20 are not public, mine are forever.”

Spoiler

x

Has Kylie ever promoted this Cover Collection?

a2774028116_10.jpg

Following #KylieWeek earlier this month, today we are streaming the entirety of Come Into My World: a collection of Kylie Minogue covers, an album we have curated of especially recorded versions of Kylie Minogue songs by various artists, that will be released this Bandcamp Friday in aid of Macmillan Cancer charity. Listen in full exclusively below.

Released through Bandcamp on the 2nd of September, this thirty three song album of original covers, 99% of which were recorded for this project, features an eclectic range of brilliant versions of Kylie classics, from pure electronica, to indie pop, psych, industrial goth, garage punk, folk and disco by a range of independent artists from throughout the UK and Europe with a strong contingent of artists from Wales, London and Scotland, there’s something for every taste on this album. Thank you to every artist, producer and label for their hard work, time and energy in producing these cover versions, we will soon be running a series of pieces profiling each artist.

Some covers were pretty basic but there are also stand out tracks. 

LISTEN HERE: (The best one for me is In My Arms cover by Aderyn)

Spoiler

X

I swear, I never really liked Robbie Williams but this made my disliking of him justified. He sure as hell had no trouble using Kylie and Nicole.

Reveal hidden contents

x

Dragging stuff up that happened 30 years ago when they were all in their 20’s is sad….considering Robbie has had a lot, actually loads of women over the years and for him to single out 2 “celebrities” that are now bigger than him just to promote his XXV album…pls. trash1

1 hour ago, All The Lovers said:

Has Kylie ever promoted this Cover Collection?

a2774028116_10.jpg

Some covers were pretty basic but there are also stand out tracks. 

LISTEN HERE: (The best one for me is In My Arms cover by Aderyn)

Hide contents

X

Interesting. YDNY wasn’t bad xtina10

I doubt she will even comment. Bandcamp is simply that. Artists doing covers to get noticed. I remember when a group of basement recording artists did EMO-TION back in 2018. nicki5
a2835557561_10.jpg

6 hours ago, ajp said:

Interesting. YDNY wasn’t bad xtina10

I doubt she will even comment. Bandcamp is simply that. Artists doing covers to get noticed. I remember when a group of basement recording artists did EMO-TION back in 2018. nicki5
a2835557561_10.jpg

But that's a paid site right? Go get them coins, I guess.

I wonder how much the original artists get...if the do get anything.

6 hours ago, ajp said:

Dragging stuff up that happened 30 years ago when they were all in their 20’s is sad….considering Robbie has had a lot, actually loads of women over the years and for him to single out 2 “celebrities” that are now bigger than him just to promote his XXV album…pls. trash1

No wonder Kylie did not perform with him during AFL. Maybe she caught wind of what he said.

I wonder if Kylie and Nicole were disappointed when they "dated" him. He seems like a druggy douche bag. kylie3

No wonder Kylie did not perform with him during AFL. Maybe she caught wind of what he said.

I wonder if Kylie and Nicole were disappointed when they "dated" him. He seems like a druggy douche bag. kylie3

He was in his “party” years and I’m not sure if he really got out of it. But, now that he has an album to promote (a greatest hits in fact) why talk about a decade he hardly remembers um2

Kylie was very vulnerable back before Light Years. She had no record label and Parlophone gave her a chance thanks to Pet Shop Boys. I think working with Robbie in the studio was magic for her and she got carried away. He was cute back then, but he’s aged horribly. She’s obviously moved on, Robbie should too. 

But that's a paid site right? Go get them coins, I guess.

I wonder how much the original artists get...if the do get anything.

It’s for donation. You get the album for a £5 donation. gaga12

On 9/28/2022 at 8:20 AM, ajp said:

He was in his “party” years and I’m not sure if he really got out of it. But, now that he has an album to promote (a greatest hits in fact) why talk about a decade he hardly remembers um2

Kylie was very vulnerable back before Light Years. She had no record label and Parlophone gave her a chance thanks to Pet Shop Boys. I think working with Robbie in the studio was magic for her and she got carried away. He was cute back then, but he’s aged horribly. She’s obviously moved on, Robbie should too. 

Maybe he has not. 

Parlophone made a lot of Money from Kylie but after Fever, the have not promoted her that much. Aphrodite could have been much bigger had they pushed for more singles. As for Robbie, never found him cute. He has this aura that I don't really like.

After him, Kylie's taste in men got better, especially now, her boyfriend is hot.

Kylie Minogue's boyfriend Paul Solomons 'won't move to Australia with her'  | Evening Standard