ajp

The Tension Lounge

12 hours ago, Aidan. said:

The good sis Vilallahpu coming in with the swift clock as always yas1

I mean... objectively, Kylie might be irrelevant now but what the two (?) existing Michael stans would even talk about? He's dead and you can only rank someone's discography so many times laughcry1

also he was a peadophile, so glad our fave can't relate!

2 hours ago, Vilppu said:

I mean... objectively, Kylie might be irrelevant now but what the two (?) existing Michael stans would even talk about? He's dead and you can only rank someone's discography so many times laughcry1

also he was a peadophile, so glad our fave can't relate!

From your post to gods ears

@Aidan. replying here because Madonna section is never a place to have a reasonable discussion.

For me, ROL (the inferior one) is a pretentious, self-indulgent mess where Madge mumbles something over monotonous, similar-sounding beats which feel endless, not the good kind of endless, and actually offer very little. It's not entirely devoid of nice moments but those almost always come with some kind of a drawback, e.g. it takes forever before Drowned World gets to the good part, her vocals on the title track are a mess, Frozen's verses are overpowered by the cluttered chorus. While I often appreciate delicate/subtle production, on there it's way overdone to the point where songs like Little Star, NRM, SFH or Skin become just bland and boring. Lyrically it's decent but as someone who values the sonical side higher, I don't think it makes up for its other issues.

The IP comparisons are pretty inaccurate because IP offers variety, genuine passion and emotion in the way of Kylie's singing and consistency in terms of quality. ROL only has the last one but I don't know if consistent valium quality is anything to brag about.

9 hours ago, Vilppu said:

@Aidan. replying here because Madonna section is never a place to have a reasonable discussion.

For me, ROL (the inferior one) is a pretentious, self-indulgent mess where Madge mumbles something over monotonous, similar-sounding beats which feel endless, not the good kind of endless, and actually offer very little. It's not entirely devoid of nice moments but those almost always come with some kind of a drawback, e.g. it takes forever before Drowned World gets to the good part, her vocals on the title track are a mess, Frozen's verses are overpowered by the cluttered chorus. While I often appreciate delicate/subtle production, on there it's way overdone to the point where songs like Little Star, NRM, SFH or Skin become just bland and boring. Lyrically it's decent but as someone who values the sonical side higher, I don't think it makes up for its other issues.

The IP comparisons are pretty inaccurate because IP offers variety, genuine passion and emotion in the way of Kylie's singing and consistency in terms of quality. ROL only has the last one but I don't know if consistent valium quality is anything to brag about.

Omg my wig has gone missing. I prefer Erotica and Bedtime Stories actually. Good thing none of the stans will ever see this because none come in this so called Madonna Lite section shrug1

3 minutes ago, Aidan. said:

Omg my wig has gone missing. I prefer Erotica and Bedtime Stories actually. Good thing none of the stans will ever see this because none come in this so called Madonna Lite section shrug1

Yes, Bedtime Stories is like her second-best album and Erotica is cute too but in general, I think her 80s music was way better, she didn't try too hard to be artistic and just came out with fun, top-notch pop.

It's fascinating how they're the most obnoxious fanbase here... and apparently hives/monsters/swifties etc. are unbearable.

5 minutes ago, Vilppu said:

Yes, Bedtime Stories is like her second-best album and Erotica is cute too but in general, I think her 80s music was way better, she didn't try too hard to be artistic and just came out with fun, top-notch pop.

It's fascinating how they're the most obnoxious fanbase here... and apparently hives/monsters/swifties etc. are unbearable.

Yes she has some 80s stuff. She needed to cool it with her Like A's tho.

So glad that Kylie SAVED Pop with her iconic self titled 1988 debut<3

6 minutes ago, Aidan. said:

Yes she has some 80s stuff. She needed to cool it with her Like A's tho.

So glad that Kylie SAVED Pop with her iconic self titled 1988 debut<3

Now that you mention it, I actually see a pattern, Madonna's songs whose titles start with "like a" are better than most Madonna's songs whose titles don't start with "like a" hmm. 

I heard Madonna stopped trying in the middle of the 90s because she listened to Kylie's iconic PWL run and decided she could never top it anyway. From an objective point of view, I consider that rumour has it 100% believable. 

18 minutes ago, Vilppu said:

Now that you mention it, I actually see a pattern, Madonna's songs whose titles start with "like a" are better than most Madonna's songs whose titles don't start with "like a" hmm. 

I heard Madonna stopped trying in the middle of the 90s because she listened to Kylie's iconic PWL run and decided she could never top it anyway. From an objective point of view, I consider that rumour has it 100% believable. 

She had EY + LGTI on repeat then<3

3 minutes ago, Aidan. said:

She had EY + LGTI on repeat then<3

Enjoy Yourself tends to have that effect on people, on the one hand it makes you happy but on the other depressed because realization that you'll never be able to come up with something quite as exceptional hits you hard. 

Okay depending how far the date was moved back (apparently 'a few weeks') for lead single from the January date, if it's possibly very late January we could say

kylie2Kylie.kylie2 Is.kylie2Coming.kylie2Next.kylie2Month.kylie2

9 hours ago, Aidan. said:

This is a great performance

Welcome Decemberlie~

3 hours ago, Solly said:

Okay depending how far the date was moved back (apparently 'a few weeks') for lead single from the January date, if it's possibly very late January we could say

Stop, my wee heart can't take itrip2

12 hours ago, Solly said:

God I Fucking hope so cry7