The Legends Only Lounge

10,094 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Aidan. said:

Omg this happened to me last year rip2

It had been literally like 2 months and my item still hadn't arrived. So I got a refund then a couple days later it finally showed up lmfao1

Speaking of online buying, I posted this thread on another forum last night and they deleted it with no warning when all I was trying to do was give people a heads-up...

I just want to warn the community of people on various websites who claim to have various rare Kylie promo CDs and want to sell them to you for a certain amount of money. I've recently had a message from a user on Discogs which I'll quote below and it is quite hilarious. Do not bother to contact these users, ignore and block, as it is all too good to be true.

Spoiler

Hello there 
Are you interested in this? 
Kylie Minogue (Rapino Sessions CD-R) 8 Tracks/Wavs 

i also have these 
Kylie Minogue (“X” Sessions) 3X-CD Reference (Wavs) X40 Tracks Lossless 
Kylie Minoghe (Sleepwalker) CD-R X4 Wavs 
Kylie Minogue (Aphrodite Album Instrumentals) CD-R 
Kylie Minogue (Aphrodite Unmastered Instrumentals) DAT Source 16/44HZ 
Dannii (The platinum Collection) CD-R 

I have all the WAV LOSSLESS tranfers for each discs

For the lols, I decided to ask about what ridiculous price they would charge me for these 'lossless transfer' files rather than the CDs themselves. This person clearly thought I was gullible but I was already one step ahead. This is hilarious:

Spoiler

I can upload them all for 100 usd by paypal payment 
Then i send you 4 links 
1 for rapino demos 
1 for x sessions 
1 for aphrodite unmastered instrumentals 
1 for aphrodite mastered instrumentals

Not signed in

So this is a warning for y'all: if you see someone offering you things like this on a messaging system on a website of all places, please, for your own sake, block and ignore them as they do not conveniently happen to have all these ultra rare promotional discs!! Remember if something is too good to be true it probably is! jj2

this morning I got a message from them saying the following, and I'll update you if they say anymore...

hello 
sorry for late reply ;)

please give me your e-mail and lets talk there. this discogs PM service not always notifies me.. 

best regards

Not signed in

ny6ny6

4 minutes ago, Aidan. said:

moo1

Not signed in

You kill me rip4

@Rebelhearter Omg we've briefly discussed before how much the Rapino Sessions would be if they actually popped up rip4

Some people think they can just scam us so easily noway1 I've been collecting for years. I know my shit moo1

I'm not a big buyer of rare promos and stuff like that however. Although I'd give a leg for some of the unreleased stuff floating around

35 minutes ago, Aidan. said:

@Rebelhearter Omg we've briefly discussed before how much the Rapino Sessions would be if they actually popped up rip4

Some people think they can just scam us so easily noway1 I've been collecting for years. I know my shit moo1

I'm not a big buyer of rare promos and stuff like that however. Although I'd give a leg for some of the unreleased stuff floating around

Yeah I'm sure we have, I'm trying to look for how much one sold on Discogs but I think they've removed the listing now dead7

Same here, I'm all for digital files, but if I see a promo in a secondhand store I will no questions asked buy it, especially vinyl. I paid $50 for the yellow Slow Chemical Bros remix vinyl at my local secondhand store and I'm so glad I did cry6

I just realised that Legendlie has 3 songs called Right Here, Right Now rip2

In the Body Language notes it states that I Feel For You features an extract from 'It's My House' by S. Buchanan & E. Buchanan, courtesy of Emplestown Music, which I can assume is the random voice samples throughout the track. However, I can't find a track of this name performed or written by these people anywhere? It's definitely not Diana Ross' 'It's My House'. Can someone find this song?

tease jj4

Also girl needs to tell me where she got this cry6

Omg I'm shaking the album is definitely coming. She wouldn't be teasing like she is if she wasn't planning on announcing sometime soon oprah7 I.e. In the next few months that is

11 minutes ago, Aidan. said:

Omg I'm shaking the album is definitely coming. She wouldn't be teasing like she is if she wasn't planning on announcing sometime soon oprah7 I.e. In the next few months that is

I'm seriously thinking as soon as July-October.

For example, Kylie was still working on All The Lovers and reworking songs with Stuart Price around this time 7 years ago yet the album was out by start of July. Maybe an announcement in/by July at least? cry7

She's definitely in New York and songwriting with people (The Invisible Men, responsible for 'Fancy' by Iggy and various Jessie J tracks), which is good, because it's she's writing WITH people and not people writing for her. Maybe some co-wrote tracks Min?nat1

5 minutes ago, Solly said:

I'm seriously thinking as soon as July-October.

For example, Kylie was still working on All The Lovers and reworking songs with Stuart Price around this time 7 years ago yet the album was out by start of July. Maybe an announcement in/by July at least? cry7

She's definitely in New York and songwriting with people (The Invisible Men, responsible for 'Fancy' by Iggy and various Jessie J tracks), which is good, because it's she's writing WITH people and not people writing for her. Maybe some co-wrote tracks Min?nat1

I just can't wait for her to announce something cry7 And I hope the material she gives us will be good cry7

Hoping to see her name on more than a few tracks for this album cry0

Just now, Aidan. said:

I just can't wait for her to announce something cry7 And I hope the material she gives us will be good cry7

Hoping to see her name on more than a few tracks for this album cry0

Please deliver on that sparkling melancholy  that you said you would, Min cry6

Just now, Solly said:

Please deliver on that sparkling melancholy  that you said you would, Min cry6

I'm just upset cause HMV announced yesterday they are closing down completely :( So I won't have the pleasure of going out and Buying the album at the store :(cry5

Just now, Aidan. said:

I'm just upset cause HMV announced yesterday they are closing down completely :( So I won't have the pleasure of going out and Buying the album at the store :(cry5

that's so shit!!! jj4 so there's no other way you can get the physical album than through Amazon or eBay?cry5

2 minutes ago, Solly said:

that's so shit!!! jj4 so there's no other way you can get the physical album than through Amazon or eBay?cry5

Nope not really :(

I remember when KMO was released it was being sold literally EVERYWHERE. Probably cause of her deal at the time. Obviously we don't know how her new label will release the album and where/when.

There's always Wal Mart jj4 But they don't always carry stuff besides the biggest stars and oldies jj4 Plus they censor their albums usually jj4 Not like Legend needs much censoring but still jj4

I'll probably end up getting it off Amazon. I had to get Kylie Xmas on Amazon cause my flop store never got it in stock despite listing it on their site jj4

Just now, Aidan. said:

Nope not really :(

I remember when KMO was released it was being sold literally EVERYWHERE. Probably cause of her deal at the time. Obviously we don't know how her new label will release the album and where/when.

There's always Wal Mart jj4

It looks like BMG wanna carry her far to be quite honest, I mean they had a bidding war over her, they're clearly not ageistjj2 if they work out a small release deal with their US counterpart she might get a broader release... I can't wait to see what they're gonna do promotion-wise too. Anything's gotta be better than how Parlophone handled the past 7 yearsjj4 KMO was sold everywhere here at least but I literally saw NO promotion, at all. Only when the tour came to townjj4

6 minutes ago, Solly said:

It looks like BMG wanna carry her far to be quite honest, I mean they had a bidding war over her, they're clearly not ageistjj2 if they work out a small release deal with their US counterpart she might get a broader release... I can't wait to see what they're gonna do promotion-wise too. Anything's gotta be better than how Parlophone handled the past 7 yearsjj4 KMO was sold everywhere here at least but I literally saw NO promotion, at all. Only when the tour came to townjj4

In my wildest dreams she would tour here. She's been to my city ONCE for the first time ever in 2009 (And sold 98% of the tickets) - and Canada twice overall I think. And I didn't get to go cry5

When she toured North America in 2009 she did really well. And she toured here for Aphrodite too and did fairly well considering she's not as well known here. There's definitely a market for her to tour here. I guess it all comes down to money

4 minutes ago, Aidan. said:

In my wildest dreams she would tour here. She's been to my city ONCE for the first time ever in 2009 (And sold 98% of the tickets) - and Canada twice overall I think. And I didn't get to go cry5

When she toured North America in 2009 she did really well. And she toured here for Aphrodite too and did fairly well considering she's not as well known here. There's definitely a market for her to tour here. I guess it all comes down to money

Yeah sadly they need to predict if theyre going to lose money or actually make a profit cry5

also this is off topic from what we are talking about rn but I really feel like doing my own album reviews, but making it all the official B-sides instead? that also means if I miss any people can just remind me and I'll quickly do a review for that track jj5 I'm literally so bored and can't wait to actually go back to school (I won't be saying that on the day looool) but this will occupy my time perfectly nat1

1 minute ago, Solly said:

Yeah sadly they need to predict if theyre going to lose money or actually make a profit cry5

also this is off topic from what we are talking about rn but I really feel like doing my own album reviews, but making it all the official B-sides instead? that also means if I miss any people can just remind me and I'll quickly do a review for that track jj5 I'm literally so bored and can't wait to actually go back to school (I won't be saying that on the day looool) but this will occupy my time perfectly nat1

I will give her all my coins cry5

You should do reviews though I love doing them jj2 I don't know how much longer we'll have this section. It might rotate soon cause Feb is coming. We'll see though. Depends on numbers mostly. So you might wanna do them in a blog. You have until the 31st at least though  and it would be a good way to pump up our post count jj5

But I usually include the B Sides actually included on the album at some point - Whether in a deluxe edition or etc

7 minutes ago, Aidan. said:

I will give her all my coins cry5

You should do reviews though I love doing them jj2 I don't know how much longer we'll have this section. It might rotate soon cause Feb is coming. We'll see though. Depends on numbers mostly. So you might wanna do them in a blog. You have until the 31st at least though  and it would be a good way to pump up our post count jj5

But I usually include the B Sides actually included on the album at some point - Whether in a deluxe edition or etc

I should really do them in a blog but then again it would up our post count... either way we will bump it up again with album announcement eventually though right? jj5 where do you think I should post?

edit: ehhhh I'll just do them in a blog jj5

3 minutes ago, Solly said:

I should really do them in a blog but then again it would up our post count... either way we will bump it up again with album announcement eventually though right? jj5 where do you think I should post?

You should post it here in the section if you're gonna do it over the next couple days jj5