Wonder

Best Pop Comeback Album?

Best Pop Comeback Album  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What was the best pop comeback album?

• Confessions on a Dance Floor-Madonna
    • The Emancipation of Mimi-Mariah Carey
    • Unbreakable-Janet Jackson
    • Anti-Rihanna
    • Fever-Kylie Minogue
    • Glory-Britney Spears
    • 1989-Taylor Swift
    • I'm Not Dead-Pink

3 minutes ago, Arya said:

It was needed to explain since you wouldn't get the point, glad you finally got it though!

I don't really need to, though! Cause it didn't contribute anything. Not that it's a bad thing. 

Out of the ones I've listened to:

Glory = Anti > Fever > Emancipation > Confessions

That's not to say that Emancipation or Confessions are bad or anything; the quality of each of these albums is seriously magnificent.

Did I think wrong all that time, or you all don't know what's going on? carla1

I was under the impression a comeback record was an album released after years/decades of hibernation, not a successful album released a year after an unsuccessful album orly1

Lotus was called a comeback album before and after it crashed and burnt rip2

Piss me Once too rip2

I'd vote for Ray of Light, but there isn't any, and American Life didn't actually annihilate Madonna's career back then. I think she was more hurt by her string of horrific movie roles lol

16 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I don't really need to, though! Cause it didn't contribute anything. Not that it's a bad thing. 

Every reply is a contribution though, even if you didn't understand the meaning of it and I had to explain it 3 times!

Not that it's a bad thing! wendy1

8 minutes ago, Vertigo-go said:

Did I think wrong all that time, or you all don't know what's going on? carla1

I was under the impression a comeback record was an album released after years/decades of hibernation, not a successful album released a year after an unsuccessful album orly1

Lotus was called a comeback album before and after it crashed and burnt rip2

Piss me Once too rip2

I'd vote for Ray of Light, but there isn't any, and American Life didn't actually annihilate Madonna's career back then. I think she was more hurt by her string of horrific movie roles lol

By that logic then even if Lotus wasn't successful then it's still a comeback album, but you stated that it crashed and burnt, meaning that a comeback album depends on how much success it has, so Lotus wasn't her comeback album, but another flop album after Bionic jj4

And since American Life wasn't a total flop, then Ray of Light wasn't a comeback album, just another successful release, like you said jj4

8 minutes ago, Arya said:

By that logic then even if Lotus wasn't successful then it's still a comeback album, but you stated that it crashed and burnt, meaning that a comeback album depends on how much success it has, so Lotus wasn't her comeback album, but another flop album after Bionic jj4

And since American Life wasn't a total flop, then Ray of Light wasn't a comeback album, just another successful release, like you said jj4

You didn't read it right.

1 minute ago, Vertigo-go said:

You didn't read it right.

Why not though? You said that you thought a comeback album is when you release an album after a long period of absence, and I said that I always thought that it depends on how successful the album is in order to be labeled a comeback album, or at least that's how everyone explained it to me until today, which has me confused a bit! jj3

@Vertigo-go Let me explain my point better. Confessions has always been regarded by her stans as her comeback album after American Life, because it was a quality album and it was successful after AF flopped a bit. But she didn't leave the music scene for long between AF and Confessions, it was only 2 years. To put that in comparison, American Life came out 3 years after Music, but it's not called a comeback album, even if her absence from music was longer. (Not counting the compilation album, but even then, it would've been 2 years if you count the compilation album.)

And with Christina, Bionic came out 4 years after Back To Basics, but it wasn't supposed to be her comeback album, because Back To Basics was very successful. After Bionic flopped everyone hoped she could comeback slaying with Lotus (Only 2 years later.), but it flopped, thus it wasn't her comeback album. Do you get my point?

4 minutes ago, Hylia said:

But Janet was coming off of two of her worst albums ever that were massive flops. Let's see if Gaga can do that over 30 years into her career orangu1 

orangu1 yeah I know it's a pretty good achievement tbh orangu1 I give you that, then Unbreakable, TEOM & COADF orangu1 Out of those I prefer COADF & Unbreakable tbh jj2

2 hours ago, Arya said:

Also Red was very successful... isn't it a comeback when a pop star has an incredibly successful album after the previous one failed to achieve much success and sales?

tumblr_inline_nozb3zNA4G1t0qhvh_500.gif

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

She never really came back with anything. She transitioned. It's her first pop album so why would it be a comeback? rih1

1 hour ago, Arya said:

Let me edit then! If Red would've been a full pop album, with the same sales it had, then 1989 wouldn't have been a comeback, because Red was very successful. Get it? jj2

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

Why the mention of Red? 1989 is not a comeback, Taylor didn't left, unlike the aforementioned artists in the polls. 1989 shouldn't even be in the polls. Cause, objectively Mimi and Madge are the right answers here. xx

1 hour ago, Arya said:

A comeback isn't when you leave and then you comeback though. It's when you release a flop album, everyone loses hope in your career, and then you comeback with an amazing new album that is incredibly successful. I mentioned red because 1989 was put in the poll, and I was just saying that even if Red would have been a Pop album, then 1989 STILL wouldn't have been a comeback album, because Red was very successful. Do you get it now?

jj3

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

It's really not that deep and I don't know you're being defensive, still 1989 is not even the correct answer. if she made country then that would have been a comeback. 

1 hour ago, Arya said:

Oh my... jj4

I'm not being defensive, I'm trying to explain to you why 1989 wouldn't have been a comeback album in any possible case, thus why it doesn't belong into this list. You're literally saying the same thing as I am, just changing 1989 to country instead of Red to pop like I'm doing, can you really not see that? jj4

Edit:

And no, if 1989 was country then it STILL wouldn't have been a comeback album, because Red sold MILLIONS of copies and it was SUCCESSFUL. A comeback albums means that you make a SUCCESSFUL album after you FLOP. jj4

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

Exactly, that's why the lengthy posts aren't needed. 

1 hour ago, Arya said:

It was needed to explain since you wouldn't get the point, glad you finally got it though!

59 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I'm feeling sick vomit1vomit1 This is literally the weirdest discussion I've ever witnessed in my life

Definitely voted for Mimi -- Glitter was not kind and she didn't really rebound until Emancipation.

I don't think Rih has a comeback album -- she's always been very successful -- same with Taylor and Bey. I see a comeback album as one that is successful after the popstar has faltered both in their professional work and personal life. So perched for Gaga's comeback.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Calling Fever a "comeback" is a little rich. Spinning Around, On a Night Like This and Kids were all very successful singles that were released in the era immediately prior to Fever, so....  

Also Red was very successful... isn't it a comeback when a pop star has an incredibly successful album after the previous one failed to achieve much success and sales?

Oh my... I'm not being defensive, I'm trying to explain to you why 1989 wouldn't have been a comeback album in any possible case, thus why it doesn't belong into this list. You're literally sayin

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.